It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey Suspends Convention On Human Rights Following Failed Coup

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

North Vietnamese did the same thing in Provinces they occupied. Just barely touched upon in Full Metal Jacket.

The trench filled with lye in the background...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: supremecommander

originally posted by: TDawg61
Show trials of the 50,000"Coup"Plotters to follow.If this man wasn't a dictator before he certainly is now.ByRemoving judges,police prosecute ect.he's basically reshaped Turkish society to his now obvious Islamic Goal.
This can only bring more instability to an already unstable ME.NATO has to be concerned about this loose cannon.I'm sure Israel is.

Night of the Long Knives, 2016

History repeating itself?Yes,he's removing all possible opposition in one big purge.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Turkey is an example of what America will become if we don't get the islamist apologists out of power.

I think we really only have the choice between "Trump or Turbans".

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I am please the coup failed as I am not a fan of democracy being usurped. Very disappointed that Turkey is lurching back to autocracy and backwardness.

The more one thinks about this, the more I think this was engineered. I bet Erdogan is feeling chuffed this attempted coup has enabled him to further the entrenchment of his power and the removal of anyone who he does not like.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Picklesneeze

Turkey is an example of what America will become if we don't get the islamist apologists out of power.

Long long ways to go before that ever happened.

However, one has to ask how is it that the Democratic Party
( filled with Progressives) has embraced Islamic influence, when
that goes so backwards to womens rights, childrens rights,
"reproductive rights of women", freedom of religion,
freedom of speech, and rights for the LGBT
people???

Like the Democratic Party went backwards, and the Republican
Party took a step in the right direction away from oppression.

On second thought, if Hillary is Obama's third term, which
she will be no doubt if installed, maybe the entire country
will go backwards, losing rights.

There is no way to embrace radical Islamic beliefs into culture in the west
without going backwards.

edit on 22-7-2016 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Obama denies U.S. involvement, but mum on
the removal of human rights.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Oh, this is just sickening!

Turkey: Mayor Of Istanbul Allocates Graveyard For Traitors

Following the failed July 15 coup attempt that left 246 people dead, including many members of the security forces and civilians, cemeteries across the country are refusing to bury those who plotted against the government.

In an attempt to remedy the situation, Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Mayor Kadir Topbas said that he has ordered the allocation of space for the final resting place for “traitors” where “the passersby will curse the ones buried there.”

Topbas told a group of pro-government protesters in Istanbul’s Taksim Square. “Everyone visiting the place will curse them and they won’t be able to rest in their graves.”

The decision to provide space, Topbas said, came after the mayor of Ordu, a port city on the Black Sea coast did not provide burial plots. As a result, the family of one of the dead took a body and buried it in their garden.

www.eurasiareview.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I was wondering that too, if you find anything on it,
would like to read up. Trying to wade through dozens
of articles to find little bits of truth.

Other than they (Putin and Obama) seemed to agree he should go, neither do I.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Oh, this is just sickening!

Turkey: Mayor Of Istanbul Allocates Graveyard For Traitors

Following the failed July 15 coup attempt that left 246 people dead, including many members of the security forces and civilians, cemeteries across the country are refusing to bury those who plotted against the government.

In an attempt to remedy the situation, Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Mayor Kadir Topbas said that he has ordered the allocation of space for the final resting place for “traitors” where “the passersby will curse the ones buried there.”

Topbas told a group of pro-government protesters in Istanbul’s Taksim Square. “Everyone visiting the place will curse them and they won’t be able to rest in their graves.”

The decision to provide space, Topbas said, came after the mayor of Ordu, a port city on the Black Sea coast did not provide burial plots. As a result, the family of one of the dead took a body and buried it in their garden.

www.eurasiareview.com...

Sickening yes, but another example of the Muslim psyche that the West just doesn't understand. In the same fashion many regard the Western-imposed boundaries of such countries as Jordan and Syria as artificial and even insulting. The last pan-Arab movement was back in 1967 when all of Israel's neighbors took a shot at her. There is common thread that runs throughout the people who view themselves more as Muslim Arabs than as Egyptians, Saudis or Iraqis. They also understand the power of sheer numbers and the rise of ISIS and posturing of Turkey have become rallying points for them.

I can promise you this much - the repercussions of Erdogans moves will be felt throughout the Islamic world. Right now he has Europe by the short ones and Russia knows better than to upset it's own Muslim population so don't look to Putin for answers on this one. Tayyip smells blood in the air and opportunity extremely rare to bend the West to his will.
edit on 22-7-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2016 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Sickening yes, but another example of the Muslim psyche that the West just doesn't understand.

True, so very true. I know it as something like from a textbook,
but to read they plan to execute perhaps even thousands of people
for daring to "listen" or "follow" another similar but different perhaps
less radical thought of the same religion, it is truly heart wrenching and shocking.

Right now he has Europe by the short ones and Russia knows better than to upset it's own Muslim population so don't look to Putin for answers on this one. Tayyip smells blood in the air and opportunity extremely rare to bend the West to his will.

I will tell you what, it is a very strange thing when you search this
out. I think there is a huge rabbit hole here.

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

We can't check the backgrounds of Turkish teachers they employ in the US.
Where are those billions of missing dollars going anyway?
Buying off politicians perhaps?
Some funkiness going on there!!
Sibel Edmonds spoke quite a bit about the Turkish America foundation and all the shady dealings they had.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Picklesneeze

I think we really only have the choice between "Trump or Turbans".

Oh stop it.

this country is nowhere near being anywhere near that. your xenophobia is nauseating. turkey is a predominantly Islamic country unlike america which has varied beliefs.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Oh the irony. Americans whining about infringements of human rights.
Didn't your own government do a bit of that not so long ago in a place called Guantanamo Bay ?
Most of you would be demanding death penalty for treason if a fraction of your army tried to overthrow your president and the government. Hypocrisy

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Imo, we are hand tied to a large degree by hidden powers.
Interestingly enough, Gulen has a huge amount of wealth.
And connections, well talk about connections.

At least half of everything anyone would need to know
about Gulen, with a few high profile names.

His green card application info:
turkishinvitations.weebly.com...

And wouldn't you know it, Thursday there was a "secret" celebration
at the White House with Gulens followers, but the
American Media did not cover it.

Pictures at the link of Obama celebrating with "Hizmet".

But, what are they celebrating?
Oh my my, what a tangled web indeed!

As Turkey seeks Fethullah Gülen's extradition, Obama hosts leading Gülenists at White House

www.dailysabah.com...

twitter.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Oh the irony. Americans whining about infringements of human rights.
Didn't your own government do a bit of that not so long ago in a place called Guantanamo Bay ?
Most of you would be demanding death penalty for treason if a fraction of your army tried to overthrow your president and the government. Hypocrisy

Speak for yourself if it was This president people would cheer them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join