It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's Acceptance Speech: "Hyperbolic Exaggeration"?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

You are an example of picking and choosing from here and there to make your point that Trump is for Obamacare. Just say you hate the man and get over it.

You really, really, hate him and for reasons more known to yourself than your constant banging of piecemeal, cobblestone rhetoric.

Its difficult to discuss a candidate in his whole with someone pounding the same emotional hyperbole of one issue after another because you just hate him.

Trump has always been "evolving" including making grand statements one way, then the other.

The most I can say, honestly, he spoke as a proud American. I like that; I need that and our country does too.

America has been a joke "globally" (like bowing to other leaders and apologizing for American ideals) and Trump, with all his bravado will help fix that (hoping he surrounds himself with political pros).

If he does half of what he says, I will at least regain some pride in being an American.

I am neither a Democract nor a Republican.

I pray he doesn't have a puppetmaster like Hillary.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Well it will be interesting to see then how Trump feels about aid to Israle, in reference to your comments about nation building. I do support Israle. Just saying......will he tighten the purse strings there?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

We are used to the severe lies told by Hillary and by Obama. If Trump lies they aren't in the same "criminal" bracket as Clinton and Obama administration lies are. How bad are Trump's lies? The check is in the mail? Big deal

Trump hasn't committed treason over 14 times like Obama, nor has he been a felon at large like Clinton and Obama and Obama's many criminal helpers including both having ties to the Chicago and New York Mafia.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I thought the whole thing was a good old baptist tent revival. And I think Ivanka is a democrat, she could speak at the Democrat convention.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: ipsedixit

I often wonder how old some of the posters on ATS are because to have expectations that a nomination acceptance speech would be anything, but rah rah hyperbole is naive.

Indeed. Doesn't matter what party either.

Props to the OP for a long well throughout post but I think everyone already knows these speeches are mostly hot air and false promises. Well, I should hope so anyway...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
It's been that since the beginning of time. They all are. It's rah rah! Hootenany time! You expected different?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

Kinda. Somewhere I missed what laws they are going to construct or destruct, the republicans platform, not just Trump's. I want to know if they are going to pursue taking away a woman's right to choose abortion since Pence is VP.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

What??? Trump is clearly being partisan for blaming only Obama and Clinton for terrorism and the conflicts in the Middle East. Obama and Clinton are following the same covert & influencing Middle East foreign policy that Bush and his father's administration started!!

Who sent troops into Iraq under false allegations related to 9/11? Who bombed and occupied the sovereign country of Iraq? Who got us involved in the Gulf War? Who had close ties with Saudi Arabia and it's King? A country who employs Sharia Law and has one of the worst human rights record in the world? How many pictures can be found on the internet with the Bush's cozying up to the Saudi King?

Just because Bush and his father is no longer in office doesn't mean they don't share the responsibility for creating the terrorism we have today! They were both the catalyst that created the powder keg in the Middle East!!!! They destabilized that entire region! Over 5,000 young men and women died due to Bush's Middle East involvement. Lying and continuing the war and occupation in Iraq is a helluva lot more criminal than the crimes of Obama and Clinton. Where was the republican outrage and the call for Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld to be locked up? To deny Bush's criminal involvement in the Middle East is clearly being partisan and ignorant of the fact.

I'm sick of the blatant political double standard both parties engage in. It's even worst when voters defend this crap! A crime is a crime no matter what party they're affiliated with or how long ago it was committed. Trump is touting the rule of law, well maybe he should start with Bush.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Alternatives. Plural. You have some other choices and they're better. Not voting for who you believe in most shows a lack of courage.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I believe that everyone votes on their feelings.....whether arrived at logically, or not. But, that has to be taken into account by anyone who hopes to be elected.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: gladtobehere

He has suggested increasing competition between insurance companies by allowing them to sell across state lines, which would reduce costs.
There are few options, or even one, in some areas. Lack of competition drives costs up.

That is very bad idea IMO. Not only would it throw away the ability for states to set their own standards for insurance it would have all companies moving to what every state had the lowest standard for coverage.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

IMO, it is not impossible to play in the game, by the rules, and still not subscribe to that rule set is the best one possible. And most major change in society, comes from changing the rule set......whether by intent, or merely as a change of conditions. We are at a major tipping point in our species development, IMO. The Donald is not the cause. He is merely the guy who happens to be in the right place, at the right time, to express our collective will for a change.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

edit on Jul-22-2016 by xuenchen because: wrong topic

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Which is why he is likely to win....he personifes a lack of trust from all ranges of people, despite the fact that he has to run as a Republican. There is righteous anger all over the political spectrum.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Trump hasn't committed treason over 14 times like Obama,

Care to detail these 14 times Obama has been found guilty of treason?

nor has he been a felon at large like Clinton and Obama .

Care to detail when Clinton and Obama were found guilty of felonies?

Or is this is what will happen under Emperor Trump, you just has to claim someone is a felon, or committed treason for it to be true, with no worrying about a court or a trial etc. that get in the way of what you want!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I see true, passionate, patriotism in Trump.

Just curious...have you ever responded to an email from the family of a deposed Nigerian leader that is looking to smuggle millions out of the country and in need a US partner?

Those guys a have more convincing pitch than Trumps IMO.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Part 3

This new wealth will improve the quality of life for all Americans – We will build the roads, highways, bridges, tunnels, airports, and the railways of tomorrow. This, in turn, will create millions more jobs. We will rescue kids from failing schools by helping their parents send them to a safe school of their choice.

My opponent would rather protect education bureaucrats than serve American children. We will repeal and replace disastrous Obamacare. You will be able to choose your own doctor again. And we will fix TSA at the airports! We will completely rebuild our depleted military, and the countries that we protect, at a massive loss, will be asked to pay their fair share.

Continuing with the "Santa" theme:

"Let it snow. Let it snow. Let it snow."

Let a million snowflakes fall. Didn't Mao say that, or was it "flowers bloom"? We're talking about a snow job, so let it be snowflakes.

Mr. Trump intends to reduce regulation and reduce taxes to bring industries, with their jobs, back into the United States. He says that this wealth will then be used to build roads,highways, bridges, tunnels, the railroad of tomorrow, and a renewed military. Let me be the first one to suggest that the board of directors at Nike and Apple Corp. and Walmart should start diversifying their managerial staffs to accomplish all that, because it's way off the track of what they usually do.

Incidentally, the Tax Wall Street Party wants to have a dirigistic "new New Deal" to do the same things, to be financed by a modest 1% transaction tax on stock and financial instrument sales, as well as very large lines of credit to be issued by the Fed for infrastructure projects. This kind of plan is at least realistic.

The "Wall Street Sales Tax" is a great idea, except for the choice of name. I would call it "The Slavering Succubating Miser's Tax", but hey, it's their idea.

One last thing.

Mr. Trump's ideas on education strike me as being somewhat surreal.

"We will rescue kids from failing schools by helping their parents send them to a safe school of their choice."

This is the sort of thing Marie Antoinette would have come up with, or maybe this is Melania's contribution to the platform. Not a scintilla of practicality about it.
edit on 22-7-2016 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ipsedixit

One last thing.

Mr. Trump's ideas on education strike me as being somewhat surreal.

"We will rescue kids from failing schools by helping their parents send them to a safe school of their choice."

This is the sort of thing Marie Antoinette would have come up with, or maybe this is Melania's contribution to the platform. Not a scintilla of practicality about it.

I think some quotes from Marie Antoinette and from Melania are in order.

You know, to kinda support your theories.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I see true, passionate, patriotism in Trump.

Just curious...have you ever responded to an email from the family of a deposed Nigerian leader that is looking to smuggle millions out of the country and in need a US partner?

Those guys a have more convincing pitch than Trumps IMO.

Almost! I saved the live of the daughter of a very wealthy cocoa merchant in Abidjan, the economic capital of the Ivory Coast after her father was poisoned to death by his business associates - by sending her money to escape! As soon she gets to the US, she is going to reimburse me, plus a $1,000,000 bonus.

/sarcasm

Seriously? That is becoming the normal response when someone has nothing reasonable to say. Just insult and deflect.
Insulting is not impressive. It's actually sad to see someone so desperate that they resort to that behavior.

Other people can have their own, educated opinions. When someone does not agree, sniping is not the mature way to respond.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I thought the whole thing was a good old baptist tent revival. And I think Ivanka is a democrat, she could speak at the Democrat convention.

Exactly. She even said right out she doesn't vote according to party affiliation. She will improve (just slighly) Trump's women demographic for white working mothers/pay equality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join