It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids. Are they really so technically clever?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: username74

the straw man is the paradigm, not my observation
explian to me, in light of relevant material how my perspective is irrational

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

sorry about the spellingggggg

posted on Jul, 31 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: username74
a reply to: Harte

you assume they were placed by romans
not the same thing

I assume nothing. There's no question they were placed by Romans.

Harte

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   

the straw man is the paradigm, not my observation
explian to me, in light of relevant material how my perspective is irrational

Alternatively, do your own research...

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

so where are the lewis holes?
although, i will understand if no one wants to revisit the baalbek thread, i wouldnt wish it on my enemy but heres the link for the innocent and brave at heart (no pun intended, harte)
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and marduk
"explain to me, in light of relevant material how my perspective is irrational?"
see how i put a question mark in and corrected my spelling.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: blackcrowe

well, the thing is, there is no hard evidence, as you would expect. there are recently unearthed scrolls of shipping inventories for what seems to be casing stones, but i would say the structure was renovated for the glory of khufu and its original evolution probably went through several stages like baalbek, or christian churches, always the same with new religions.
meet the new boss, just like the old boss(es)
there is the egyptian book of the dead
claims that the pyramid is created as a physical analogue of this work or philosophy
more likely, to me the book of the dead was compiled because of the existance of this monument they did not understand
more likely a book is written about a monument, than a monument is inspired by a book
and then there is primary evidence of the skilled builders accomodations but any extensive renovation would leave the same evidence

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

actually, on reflection of the fairburn crane, this could be the answer to difficult terrain, up to a certain weight, obviously.
a little more elegant than rollers and ropes and inclines. no?
that would explain some places in s america more coherently. would take some time though
to take the crane down rebuid it, swing the rock, move the crane, but you could take rocks up hills
edit on 1-8-2016 by username74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

"explain to me, in light of relevant material how my perspective is irrational?"
see how i put a question mark in and corrected my spelling.

You are making claims based upon a lack of any facts
that's irrational and I wonder why you do it, it doesn't do your credibility any favours

Like asking about Baalbek and dismissing the Romans as responsible, seems you aren't aware of the Roman block placing plan on top of one of the blocks nor are you aware that a part of a Roman column (drum) is underneath the stones used as a support filler.

But feel free to claim the Romans didn't do it if you like, because what you are then saying is that the Romans didn't do it, they just came along some time afterwards and lifted the blocks so that they could put part of a column underneath. For no reason whatsoever, then drew a plan on where to place the blocks on top of the blocks as some sort of game where they were pretending that they did it...
Which I think any rational person would agree, is utter nonsense,
So please, do your own research, you've already wasted enough of my time
thanks

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk
"So please, do your own research, you've already wasted enough of my time
thanks"

your time is freely given as is mine.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

"So please, do your own research, you've already wasted enough of my time
thanks"

your time is freely given as is mine.

Yeah and I choose who I give it to

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You are making claims based upon a lack of any facts
that's irrational and I wonder why you do it, it doesn't do your credibility any favours

i do not have any credibility, its the internet.
words are our stock and trade in this medium.
i have read many and written less on this site, and on the subjects currently under disscussion.
if i see a pertinent question, i will ask it
they tend not to get answered.
sometimes there is no answer. at least not yet
i am not making claims so much as i am questioning the claims of others
however, as you previously stated, i am wasting your time.
i dont like mondays either marduk
edit on 1-8-2016 by username74 because: r

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

What hard evidence would it take for you to accept that man made these monuments?
There's still a lot of hidden stuff out there. Maybe some of the secrets will be more apparent with new finds.
As for the religious link. I don't believe the Egyptians thought about, designed or made the pyramid to honor their religion (pre pyramid) . But, after they realized the concept of the pyramid shape, and what was possible in terms of all the advantages of this big building. I think they then made them for the reasons we now know. Making the pyramid fit into their beliefs. And mixing their beliefs with the pyramid.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

i do think man made them. i am not in the ancient alien gang
just wonder how and for why
edit on 1-8-2016 by username74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   

i think only the giza pyramids and maybe one or two others are exceptional and were pre existing, the rest are just as is said. emulations and copies.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

As i keep saying.
Why? Because they're a monument to grandeur.
Bigger is better. Simply.
They're a very basic design.
They have internal usable space only limited by the size of the building. Leaving them completely free to design obscure internal features.
We haven't changed in this mindset.
How tall can we build. etc

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

i think only the giza pyramids and maybe one or two others are exceptional and were pre existing, the rest are just as is said. emulations and copies.

And there you go again with the nonsense, are you unaware that hundreds of radiocarbon dates based on Organic material in the mortar prove it was built in the third millennium, how about the red paint on the blocks mentioning Khufu, written by the work gangs, how about the cartouche of Khufu found by Vyse on an interior void which they had to dynamite their way into, a cartouche which turned out to be written in a form which wasn't understood by Egyptology when it was found. How about the fact that before the Egyptians, their ancestors lived in the same place and their ancestors before them, going back through quite a few cultures until the area is uninhabited around 30,000bce. Which of the preceding more and more primitive cultures are you claiming did this

currently you are once again forwarding a theory which is nonsense. It was Zechariah Sitchin who made the claim you are currently touting, He's part of the alien brigade that you claim you aren't part of. He claimed it was built as a prison for the Alien God Bel Marduk 20,000 years ago. After that the claim was made by Graham Hancock who pretended that it was built around 10,500BCE and then taken over by the Egyptians later, at least when the Radiocarbon dates came out he had the intelligence to revise his theory from his claim that it was built in 10,500BCE to it was planned in 10,500BCE
So your two sources for your claim are an ancient aliens theorist and a journalist with no historical qualifications whatsoever. You are an insult to every qualified person who's ever worked on the real history, you didn't even bother to find out what they discovered, just went straight to pseudohistory, for shame

Its nothing to do with Monday, and everything to do with you not even bothering to do the flimsiest of research into the subjects being discussed. I'm pretty sure that this isn't the first time you've posted here, you got banned before didn't you...
your first post back here and you called us all bigots. So burned that you got banned for insulting everyone, that you couldn't stop yourself from doing it again...

edit on 1-8-2016 by Marduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's a great question.

From a design aspect, not even remotely complicated. As has been said, gothic cathedrals of the middle ages are far more complicated.

Building the pyramids were well within the capabilities of the ancient Egyptians. Obviously so, since they built 'em.

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

"currently you are once again forwarding a theory which is nonsense. It was Zechariah Sitchin who made the claim you are currently touting, He's part of the alien brigade that you claim you aren't part of. He claimed it was built as a prison for the Alien God Bel Marduk 20,000 years ago. After that the claim was made by Graham Hancock who pretended that it was built around 10,500BCE and then taken over by the Egyptians later, at least when the Radiocarbon dates came out he had the intelligence to revise his theory from his claim that it was built in 10,500BCE to it was planned in 10,500BCE
So your two sources for your claim are an ancient aliens theorist and a journalist with no historical qualifications whatsoever. You are an insult to every qualified person who's ever worked on the real history, you didn't even bother to find out what they discovered, just went straight to pseudohistory, for shame"

see that all that text there. thats yours. not mine. you keep it.
you protest about all that crap the you throw it at me.

"And there you go again with the nonsense, are you unaware that hundreds of radiocarbon dates based on Organic material in the mortar prove it was built in the third millennium, how about the red paint on the blocks mentioning Khufu, written by the work gangs, how about the cartouche of Khufu found by Vyse on an interior void which they had to dynamite their way into, a cartouche which turned out to be written in a form which wasn't understood by Egyptology when it was found. How about the fact that before the Egyptians, their ancestors lived in the same place and their ancestors before them, going back through quite a few cultures until the area is uninhabited around 30,000bce. Which of the preceding more and more primitive cultures are you claiming did this"

and you see all this.thats fine.
where are my questions (not claims!) mutually incompatable with this

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

funnily enough thats the point. they are not complex as such, though the logistics to design and build would be.
notably, among the things remaining of antquity, although its a head turner its made of small components that in themselves are not too problematic to handle

posted on Aug, 1 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

"currently you are once again forwarding a theory which is nonsense. It was Zechariah Sitchin who made the claim you are currently touting, He's part of the alien brigade that you claim you aren't part of. He claimed it was built as a prison for the Alien God Bel Marduk 20,000 years ago. After that the claim was made by Graham Hancock who pretended that it was built around 10,500BCE and then taken over by the Egyptians later, at least when the Radiocarbon dates came out he had the intelligence to revise his theory from his claim that it was built in 10,500BCE to it was planned in 10,500BCE
So your two sources for your claim are an ancient aliens theorist and a journalist with no historical qualifications whatsoever. You are an insult to every qualified person who's ever worked on the real history, you didn't even bother to find out what they discovered, just went straight to pseudohistory, for shame"

see that all that text there. thats yours. not mine. you keep it.
you protest about all that crap the you throw it at me.

"And there you go again with the nonsense, are you unaware that hundreds of radiocarbon dates based on Organic material in the mortar prove it was built in the third millennium, how about the red paint on the blocks mentioning Khufu, written by the work gangs, how about the cartouche of Khufu found by Vyse on an interior void which they had to dynamite their way into, a cartouche which turned out to be written in a form which wasn't understood by Egyptology when it was found. How about the fact that before the Egyptians, their ancestors lived in the same place and their ancestors before them, going back through quite a few cultures until the area is uninhabited around 30,000bce. Which of the preceding more and more primitive cultures are you claiming did this"

and you see all this.thats fine.
where are my questions (not claims!) mutually incompatable with this

You haven't asked a single relevant questions I've seen since you started back here after your ban, just posted your credulity, and posted nonsense to the people you claimed were bigots in your first post

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join