It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making a Safe Places Map...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
bbarkow

Thank you for adding to my list. I would never want your own personal bunker info. But the world is mobile..so it would be likely that some people would be away from home if something ever occurred.

That being said...I figured that making this map wasn't gonna harm anyone..

Worst case scenario..in my mind..is that I learn something new..some interesting fact that I never knew before..

Anyhow..thanks to all for the info and links.

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Double post..
edit on 22-7-2016 by blend57 because: Dp

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Blend I just wanted to stop in and let you know how cool your thread is! Thank you!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I reread my post - I hope you didn't think I was chastising you for asking me to share my bunker with you...lol A.) I don't have one. B.) You would be more than welcome. My wife loves to bring home strays.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Here is an interesting read on the Missile Silos around my part of the country.

www.spokesman.com...

Might be worth consideration on a go to place.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have a suspicion that creating a map of "safe places" would be self-defeating, because it would undermine their status as safe places. Just as recommending a vacation centre as "quiet and unfrequented" probably means that most of the nation will go down there next weekend.

A decade or two back, I saw an American on British television, using a map to demonstrate how most regions of the United States were insecure in one way or another. Earthquakes in one region, tornadoes in another. I forget all the details, but the conclusion he offered was that the only really safe area in the country was Idaho. He had eliminated all the others.
Not long after that, I was reading a news story about a siege taking place in America, an armed standoff between the police and the occupants of some remote dwelling-place. This was happening in Idaho.
I've always had the suspicion that this was not a coincidence. How many of the more unbalanced people in America had been making the same calculation, homing in on Idaho as a guaranteed safe place, and thus turning it into a dangerous one?

There is an anecdotal story from the 80's about a man who was anxious not to get caught up in a possible World War 3. He reasoned to himself that most of the impact of this war would fall on the northern hemisphere. So in order to find a safer place he would need to shift himself to the southern hemisphere. Preferably some remote island. He duly carried out this project, and that's how he found himself in the Falklands just in time to meet the Argentine army.

One final story I read somewhere, which may be from the Arabian Nights. A man was wandering through the market in Damascus one morning, when he nearly came face to face with Death. He noticed that Death himself had a startled expression on his face. The man was so frightened by this narrow escape that he decided to get away and rode as fast as he could towards Aleppo. Almost as soon as he got there, Death came to meet him and picked him up.
As he did so, Death observed "You may have noticed that I was very surprised to see you in Damascus market this morning. That was because I knew we had an appointment to meet here in Aleppo this evening".

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
DISRAELI

Interesting stories...I like the last one the best. I dunno...I think if you take the map for what it is..just basically a snapshot of all the possible bunker like places in the world..and couple that with the info that will be linked to them..it might just be something that is kinda cool to look at and read through..

Bbarkow: I'm sorry if that seemed like a chastising post. Honestly I just grabbed the last post I saw..and tried to be more clear about what I was doing..coupled with an overall response to thank everyone for the links.

As I said, I am at work and just responding when I can..not meaning to be disrespectful of anyone..and I apologize if it came off that way..

Thanks to all who posted info or links..I'll start building the map tonight when I get home..

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Many years ago I made a map of the continental U.S. that I layered in all the areas of possible threats I could think of including, droughts, floods, wild fires, earthquakes, hurricanes, Yellowstone super volcano ash zone, fallout zones from nuclear plants or attacks and terrorist target cities. There might have been a couple more, anyway, it turns out that the safest place on the map was a small area in the far northeast corner of Minnesota near Canada and Lake Superior. Of course you'd have those extremely cold winters up there, so I guess like Logan from "Logan's Run" said, "There is no sanctuary."

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Ok..so far I have found a few and have added those to the map. Still working on adding some of the suggestions that have been given so far..

This is what it looks like right now.. I am trying to add a video and links to each location...and those will change as I find better links and videos.

Thanks to all who helped out. Still looking for more places to pin...so if you know of any, please drop one in this thread.

Thanks,
blend57

Bird Migration

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Double Post
edit on 23-7-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join