It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Scientists Just Found Deep In The Ocean Is Seriously Unbelievable. "I’m Still In Shock...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
What Scientists Just Found Deep In The Ocean Is Seriously Unbelievable. I’m Still In Shock

Yeah so am I. The pictures posted are unbelievable to say the least, what do you think, no algae or sign of aquatic life in any photo, least not any I could see, just seems a bit orchestrated to me, eh what do I know, nice pictures though, just not sure how real this find is...

Off the coast of Egypt divers have discovered something that was thought to be lost a long time ago. It was said that the ancient city of Heracleion was lost under the sea for good. Well 1200 years later, off the bay of Aboukir, this ancient city has finally been discovered. The city dates back to the 6th century B.C. and holds some of the most beautiful artifacts you could imagine. Things like grand statues of gods and goddesses standing well over 15 feet tall and carved out of red granite, treasures of gold and rare stones, elaborate temples and enormous tablets. This find is enormous in the historical preservation community and has been commissioned by museums around the world. Take a look at this incredible city found underwater.

If this has already been posted, sorry!
edit on 21-7-2016 by forthelove because: Glitchy

edit on 22-7-2016 by forthelove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
No way
No way , man.I have not seen this.....

16 foot tall statue...did you see the Gold friggin plaque.....all shiny

so no one ever scuba dived there or what....?
.brb

edit on 21-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 21-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: yessirrr

edit on 21-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

edit on 21-7-2016 by GBP/JPY because: last minute thought there....yezz

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: forthelove

Algae and other forms of encrusting ocean life does not live that deep under water. They all need sun light to live.
edit on 21-7-2016 by defiythelie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

Not on any animal planet show I see, not a single fish in any picture, and not one single mollusk, hard sediment, something that looks like it was in the bottom of the sea for 2000 years or so, they just plucked them out pristine like that? Wow, first time ever.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Isn't this an old discovery? I remember reading about this years ago. There may even be some old ATS threads about it.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Something about the way the article is written seems sketchy to me. They don't specify a date or a time period which this discovery took place. How can such a seemingly cheesy source be the one to break this news? I won't get excited until I see this from a more reputable source.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

Not true,

When you think of algae, you likely imagine the slimy green growth in a dirty-looking aquarium. Red algae are often shades of purple and red, and they can grow in the deep ocean. Some species are hard rather than slimy, with a beauty reminiscent of coral. Red algae play an important role in the development of coral reefs, providing homes for marine fish.

animals.mom.me...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Isn't this an old discovery? I remember reading about this years ago. There may even be some old ATS threads about it.

Just type Heracleion into the ATS serach and you get pages of articles about older threads on thhis same subject. Here's one right here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Here's something from CNN back in 2015.

www.cnn.com...

I still hadn't seen the pictures before so S&F from me anyways.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook
Maybe not these particular objects, but yah. They are off the coast of Egypt. Who was it that tried to erase Egyptian history?

Was it the Romans or Alexander?

This is done when empires conquer and try to subjugate peoples by eliminating their cultural identity and historical record.

See ISIS destroying ruins in Syria or Taliban destroying Buddhist ruins in Afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Yeah I just went and looked and there are other stories about it and none of them show a copyright date on them, so I don't know when this took place, I just saw it tonight and thought it was strange and decided to share.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Thanks I get it now, old news, still weird pictures though, for these items to be so pristine, pretty amazing, still something like this you would think there would have been much more national attention, maybe there was a plane crash that day and it got wiped in the news cycle.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Didn't Napoleon have a fascination with Egypt?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: forthelove
a reply to: intrptr

Didn't Napoleon have a fascination with Egypt?

Yah he did but didn't occupy it like the Greeks or Romans.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:57 PM
link   

This kind of OP is why I originally came to ATS.

Thank you for this find it is truly awesome! I can't wait to see what we will learn.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
this is beautiful, is it the city of Heracleion? can i see some links that suggest that? it doesn't matter waht they find they will always hide the truth.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tuomptonite
Something about the way the article is written seems sketchy to me. They don't specify a date or a time period which this discovery took place. How can such a seemingly cheesy source be the one to break this news? I won't get excited until I see this from a more reputable source.

That's what I was thinking as well. Just the headline saying that these items are REALLY DEEP, seems to be a lie. If they were really deep, you'd need a submarine to recover them. Also, you wouldn't see the sun shining down through the water to the artifacts like that.

No doubt that they are there, but there's something not quite right about this "find".

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Every warlord has a fascination with Egypt.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I googled the Divers name Frank Goddio and found a more stable website it has all those same pictutes and some You tube video links at the bottom they were uploaded in 2012 will post below..
Also The European Institute for Underwater Archaeology.. www.ieasm.org... ( Links showing 2009 )

www.franckgoddio.org...

Only 1.45

Only .49

Only .23

edit on 22 7 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added Link

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: lighter78

Click on the headline and it will take you to the pictures.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join