It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016 is (predictably) set to be the hottest year on record

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: lostbook

I know and it's tediously annoying. Just look at the # I'm getting in this thread for agreeing with you.

I see what you're going through. Some people either have political or financial gain by dissing climate science as false... Don't let it get to you.

Oh yeah. Most here on ATS do...we all rake in the bills from denying "climate change". And dont get me started on how much more pussycats I'm getting since this caravane got going.

Life is good...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
I'm not trying to insult your intelligence but aren't you the least bit concerned?

No. Not one little, itty, bitty bit.

We've broken the record for the hottest year for 3 years in a row from 2013-2016 and we've been breaking heat records since 1998!

Have we ... or has someone manipulated the data? Has someone changed the way the data is collected? You see, once 'they' have broken trust with you (changed the formula) ... they can never earn that trust back again.

Let's go back to something your Krazy cohort mentioned in this thread. That thing about the greatest temperature uptick occurring in the atmosphere above the oceans. Where does that come from? Well ... if you go all the way back to the source ... it comes right from the people who got caught manipulating the data once already. And guess what, there's no way to fact check their work because they control every aspect of it.

I've said it on the boards before. There are methods of verifying temperatures over the oceans. They're expensive to conduct ... and so they're not. We look at some display, from some reading, from some satellite ... and we're told to believe it. Somebody asks, "When was that satellite last calibrated?" And somebody else says, "Well ... that's classified." or "You don't have a need to know."

So the boys in the background already know this ... see? And because they know the satellite has NEVER been re-calibrated ... they're compelled to adjust the data to what it should be. And how do they manage to do that with accuracy? Well, they get the narrative that's going public in advance ... so they can make proper adjustments and keep everyone on the same sheet of music.

And the whole thing with the UN supporting anything NASA said. NASA is part of the US Government. The US Government fronts almost 25% of the UN's required budget. If I was the UN, I don't think I'd excite my single largest bill-payer, would you?

And getting back to the ocean temperature thingy. I've been to sea. It can be pretty damn hot on a boat. But the ocean will kill you quick if you fall in (it's pretty damn cold for a human). Get off that 'boat' and onto a raft ... you'll find out it was the sun baking the snot outta that boat that made it so damned hot ... cause you're gonna be cold in that raft.

Now, let's get you on an airplane on the hottest day of the year. Let's get you out on the wing. Let's fly you up to 30,000 feet. How cold are you? Here's a little picture.

As you can see, the temperature is so friggin' cold you would die within minutes (if not seconds) if you weren't insulated from that extreme. Far far faster than if you fell off the boat ... but so fast in either instance that it's relative.

Now that air up there ... it's anything other than standing still. And that air up there ... it's anything other than uniform in temperature or density. And that air up there ... it's miles in depth. And you think NASA's got a satellite up there that can peer down through all of those variables and tell you what the temperature is, what the average temperature is, and what the consistent temperature is? Yeah ... that same satellite that ain't ever been calibrated ... that's the one.

I've got a bridge right over there I can let you have at a good price.

I take everything I hear from the Climate Science Department with a grain of salt. **Note To Self: See if Trump University had a Climate Science Department -chuckle** They, by the way, were the exclusive group that was polled for their opinions on climate change (not all Scientists). They're 'one' of the laughingstocks of the Scientific community. You do know what the definition of Science is (note my use of uppercase Ss in this paragraph), don't you (I hope I'm not insulting YOUR intelligence) (now would be a good time to read my tagline).

Anyway, I think I've given all of the readership sufficient reason to doubt. Hint: Real Science (see that capital S again?) leaves no room for doubt and is not preceded by the word 'Settled' ... ever. I wish you all a skeptically wonderful day.

-Cheers

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Really? where's your source on that? Having lived on the coast in various locations almost all of my life, it has been without variation that coastal locations are temperate in nature.....

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Really? where's your source on that? Having lived on the coast in various locations almost all of my life, it has been without variation that coastal locations are temperate in nature.....

The coast isn't the same thing as being over the oceans buddy, but here you go.
Climate change: How do we know?

The oceans have absorbed much of this increased heat, with the top 700 meters (about 2,300 feet) of ocean showing warming of 0.302 degrees Fahrenheit since 1969.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

No argument from me on that score. My point was, as you cited, coastal regions are more temperate.

My point is this is the coolest summer that I can recall for at least 2-3 decades. This current moisture level and temps was much more the norm 30 years ago.

There IS conflicting data on overall temp ranges and their causes.

I find the thread's intent as alarmist. I can recall in my youth where there was 3-4 feet of snow on the ground. Yet, even then, talking to seniors, it was even cooler in their youth. Long before massive increases in population and their by-products.

I feel it's more naturally occurring than not. Simple.

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Your personal anecdotes on the weather are irrelevant in regards to worldwide climate trends. For one weather and climate aren't the same thing.

There IS conflicting data on overall temp ranges and their causes.

You demanded that I post sources for my claim. Where is your source for this claim?

I feel it's more naturally occurring than not. Simple.

In the world of science, your "feelings" mean precisely squat.
edit on 28-7-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I would say you've had plenty of sources already posted for your edification.

I, personally, believe in 'climate change'. If it gets too cold I will move south, too hot, I will move north.

I made my post based on empirical experience. I do not worship at the alter of technocrats.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

An anecdote isn't empirical evidence. It is just an observation at a set moment in time in a VERY small part of the world. There is no way your personal anecdote can give you any information outside of the limited bubble it exists in.

PS: Believing in climate change isn't the issue. That is a red herring invented by the denying camp to distort the issue. The issue of whether the climate is changing or not isn't part of the discussion really. It's about how the derivative of the global temperature is increasing at a rate higher than we've ever seen. Now if you understand calculus, you'd understand what I'm saying here, but if you try to point out how the temperature has been higher in the past then you missed my point completely here.

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 07:19 AM
link   
If all the cities on the planet turned out their lights from 10 pm until 5 am it would cool down the atmosphere and use less fossil fuels. It is really important to get free clean renewable energy processes working. Mass transient systems running on magnets would produce less carbon. Use existing railway track areas and change them. Use far less airlines and buses and trains would be obsolete. We have to get working on this. Too many people on the planet. Make it illegal to cut down trees, unless they are dead. It was an extremely hot as h@ll summer in South Carolina the last three months. No one wanted to go out side longer than three minutes. We haven't had rain on our house in over a month. When it does rain we get five minutes. We had dry thunderstorms.

posted on Jul, 30 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I don't disagree, actually.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join