It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Masters of Reality. 45 years ago today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Masters of Reality.

Sabbath's 3rd album. They could do no wrong. All their stuff back then was incredible. What a track listing:

Side one
1. "Sweet Leaf"
2. "After Forever (Including The Elegy)"
3. "Embryo"
4. "Children of the Grave"

Side two
5. "Orchid"
6. "Lord of this World"
7. "Solitude"
8. "Into the Void"

My sons first favorite song was Sweet Leaf:

Put that on and watch him bop back and forth.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

My favorite is Sweet Leaf too -- I still love it! Thank you

And so is Sabbath. Just doesn't get much better. When Ozzy went solo, I got to see him in a free concert at the Greek Ampitheatre. It was pretty cool! Never got to see Sabbath together though -- that's wasn't so cool!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
When Ozzy went solo...

That's a misconception. Tony, Bill and Geezer threw him out because of his substance abuse. Ronny did some good stuff but it ain't Sabbath without Ozzy. I was pissed at Ozzy for YEARS because of that. I don't know how many albums he put out in the 80's. I didn't forgive him until The Original Sin. One of my all time fav bands. Please don't screw with that.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Love this one, Ozzy nails it.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Tony, Bill and Geezer threw him out because of his substance abuse.

Wow. I did not know that. I always kind of blamed Sharon for that after she became his manager about the same time. I knew he had serious drug problems, but didn't know they kicked him out because of it.

Such a shame. They made some great music together.

And my husband reminded me I did actually see Sabbath. At Anaheim Stadium. So I apologize for being a liar. I totally forgot. We don't need to talk about why that might be...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

This is my all time favorite Black Sabbath album.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   

My buddy went to Seattle to watch a baseball game and get away for the Fourth of July. He walked into a pizza joint that specializes in metal music, beer, and pizza. He said he walked in and he said, "Guess what they were playing?" He hummed the first notes to Sweet Leaf (I knew it off the bat) and he said they ended up playing the entire album!

This album has never gotten old! Neither has Paranoid. And as I told Peeple and Gortex on another thread, neither has Blizzard of Oz or Diary of a Madman for me because of Randy Rhoads. For some reason I can always throw on any of those and just enjoy the music.

I listened to Into the Void after I heard the hard rock pizza story when I got home! Has it really been 45 years...

new topics

top topics

join