It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another SERIOUSLY?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Take a look at the sky, you see all those things we call stars, do you realize they are not all stars? Some of them are actually what we call galaxies. Some of those galaxies are so big they would swallow ours for breakfast. But, never mind that do you realize how many stars we have in our own galaxy? Each one of those stars has planets just like this one. You say, well we have never seen them with inhabitants on then so we must be the only one. Well, I live on this planet and I have not met everyone of you either, but I do know you exist somewhere. The Internet tells me so.

Seriously though, there are so many things people believe with out a shred of proof, so why is it so hard for you to believe that there are millions of planets out there just like this one, going through the very same BS we are? It is not even about proof, it is about being humble and less arrogant.

I have absolutely no doubt in my heart mind and soul, that not only do other civilizations exist, I have lived previous lives on them and will again, someday. That there are actually people here that think in the 3 trillion galaxies that we think exist, and the quadrillions of planets that revolve throughout those galaxies around the zillion of Suns that this little tiny planet on the outskirts of this tiny galaxy is the only place in the entire Universe that can maintain "intelligent life"?

That very notion is ridiculous sounding and guess what, I am certain of this, there are other civilizations with much more advanced knowledge and intelligence than we exhibit here.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: forthelove

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I am sure other life exists out there also. I am not so sure about living another/past life but do not rule it out.

Now here is something to really blow your mind. Take everything you just said about the Universe and then look up Dimensions.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Now You KNOW why 'The Creator' put the planets so far about.. If/When You ever left to "explore" by the time You got back to Mother Earth, everyone You told that You were leaving, would have "passed" .. Passed has the quotation marks because, there isn't really a "death" of the actual 'You'.. When You think of prior incarnations You were in a different body/vessel weren't You? Heck, You are in a different body than the one You woke up in today. The only constant is change...

"You are NOT Your body.." Jesus The Chris†..

You are only 'HERE' because You're supposed to be 'HERE' You'll be 'there' when it is time to be 'there'..

Enjoy Your Trip....

namaste

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
you would really have to be a fool in this day and age to think otherwise,unfortunately there is people who still do even tho just about ever scientist in this age now believe that there is uncertainly multiple civilications out there,somewhere.

i,m still not convinced even a signal being detected would be readily released,tho if you ask me i don,t know why.

most people don,t actually care,nasa came out and said we have recieved a signal i would bet within a week 90% of people would still be like who cares and the 10% of us who actually do would be only ones left interested.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Orionx2

Sure a multi-verse with multi-dimensions, I get it, makes everything I said infinite in it's probabilities. Absolutely, I would have gone to that extent in the original OP, but it is kind of useless, won't stop some from just thinking we are the only inhabitable planet, instead they would just tell me I am nuts for suggesting without verifiable proof that we are and how dare me.

If they exist why haven't they contacted us? Okay, this is an easy answer, you have a neighbor that moves in next door and the very first impression of them goes against everything you stand for, do you:

a) introduce yourself and family at peril? or b) Stay at a distance and observe, first, before approaching them while maintaining an open mind?

If I were another civilization that had the capability and I witnessed the crap going on here, I would stay a very healthy and stealthy distance, until the smoke settled and then I would step in to help right the ship.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Didn't take long for someone to sully the conversation with a reference to a fake god, and to take my reference to past lives and ignore what the premise of the OP actually was, which is we are not the only intelligent civilization, agree or disagree about that?

Whatever higher power you ascribe to, it didn't just make Earth, it made it all and so it created life elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

Nasa has no credibility, but if there was "proof" that could be verified, I believe the entire world would benefit.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I have absolutely no doubt in my heart mind and soul, that not only do other civilizations exist, I have lived previous lives on them and will again, someday.

And there are many people who have absolutely no doubt in their mind, body, and soul, they're right and you're wrong. That doesn't make it so.

I agree with you. I'm quite certain the universes(s) are teaming with life, but without enough evidence to convince the worlds scientists and people, it's just my belief...and yours. It really isn't all about humility or arrogance. It's admitting that at present, we don't know as a collective. If you feel you have enough personal evidence to convince you, that's great, but some of us are waiting for a little more before being quite so definitive.
edit on 7/21/2016 by Klassified because: grammar

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: forthelove
Take a look at the sky, you see all those things we call stars, do you realize they are not all stars? Some of them are actually what we call galaxies. Some of those galaxies are so big they would swallow ours for breakfast. But, never mind that do you realize how many stars we have in our own galaxy? Each one of those stars has planets just like this one. You say, well we have never seen them with inhabitants on then so we must be the only one. Well, I live on this planet and I have not met everyone of you either, but I do know you exist somewhere. The Internet tells me so.

Seriously though, there are so many things people believe with out a shred of proof, so why is it so hard for you to believe that there are millions of planets out there just like this one, going through the very same BS we are? It is not even about proof, it is about being humble and less arrogant.

I have absolutely no doubt in my heart mind and soul, that not only do other civilizations exist, I have lived previous lives on them and will again, someday. That there are actually people here that think in the 3 trillion galaxies that we think exist, and the quadrillions of planets that revolve throughout those galaxies around the zillion of Suns that this little tiny planet on the outskirts of this tiny galaxy is the only place in the entire Universe that can maintain "intelligent life"?

That very notion is ridiculous sounding and guess what, I am certain of this, there are other civilizations with much more advanced knowledge and intelligence than we exhibit here.

I have to agree. Mathematically, there just has to be.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Wait all you want, do you believe in a higher power, if so, do you think it just created one little world with life? The problem absolutely is arrogance and denial.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Oh so your reply is a silly video, not much to you is there? If little green men showed up with antennas on their heads on the White House lawn, everyone would just crap their pants, then they would claim they are little men from Universal Studios playing a role, until they zap them to dust.

I get it, the only way for anyone to make sense of it is to ignore the fact that there is know way life exist elsewhere or w
edit on 21-7-2016 by forthelove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Sorry I sullied Your thread...

Change 'The Creator' to "Whomever/whatever" built it; designed it; created it..

Shalom

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: forthelove

Wait all you want, do you believe in a higher power, if so, do you think it just created one little world with life? The problem absolutely is arrogance and denial.

Believe in a higher power? No. Think it's a possibility? Yes. And in case you missed it, I agreed with you. I'm just not willing to say it so definitively, because I don't have the evidence to back it up. If you feel you do, by all means......

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Maybe i was making fun in a way some people would understand , the Macro and micro looking the same when you look at the nural path of a human brain it looks strangely like the universe .

themindunleashed.org...

Or maybe what the bright folk say about us being in a computer simulation holds some merit

ps i go along with Von Danakins view of the Drake equasion missing a couple of factors

34 minute mark

edit on 21/7/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

edit on 21/7/2016 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   

It is okay to be skeptical, I just felt like you were non-committal, so if there is no higher power where did we come from? When believing something to be true you need empirical evidence, I get it, but I bet if you dig deep, you will find there are many things in the course of your lifetime that you find or found to be completely true based on accounts of others without a shred of verifiable proof.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Well Jimbo, it was expected, so, sarcasm aside you are entitled to your own opinion, but it wasn't the creator part I was referring to, it was the having to inject jesus anything into the conversation, last I checked jesus was not around at the time of creation anymore than I was, unless, you want to suggest we all were, which actually is possible.

Namaste

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=21024608]forthelove[/pos

“Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Says it all really . BUT

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.

The messiah Douglas Adams has spoken

And you cant argue the math .
edit on 22-7-2016 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Not to derail the thread or take away from the almost poetic way that you laid out your thought.. But I wonder, is it possible that for every one of those planets with well meaning civilisations are there ten thousand dead ones that had hosted billions of inhabitants who fell for the conundrum of thinking that the health of their economy was related to how much they could consume within short units of time?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join