It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manscapeing...do you or don't you...do women like a clean man...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: DearDiary
a reply to: schuyler

What really bugs me are women who want a "smooth" guy who is hairless. To me it's part of the feminization of men into metrosexual floozies. I want nothing to do with women like that. Of course, it's personal preference and I understand that. But women who like their men hairless will be wanting to stay away from me, and the feeling is mutual.

Absolutely not! It's a cultural thing. I know full well that in lots of areas of the world, women with hairy legs and armpits are considered sexy and desirable. But not by me.

But we are talking about naturally present hair here. So in your case the natural bodyhair is just great, but a woman's natural body hair is not desired.

That is completely correct.

You must have lived through quite a few decades in which women were not trimmed to your liking, grandad. How did you deal with that?

Anyways, your disdain for women who don't like hairy man and your bravado about telling them off seem to be based on overcompensation and fantasy and it is hypocrisy since you don't like the natural appearance of women either.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DearDiary

You must have lived through quite a few decades in which women were not trimmed to your liking, grandad. How did you deal with that? Anyways, your disdain for women who don't like hairy man and your bravado about telling them off seem to be based on overcompensation and fantasy and it is hypocrisy since you don't like the natural appearance of women either.

It was a thrill to catch a glimpse of anything back in the olden days.

Look - I don't mind exploring the wilds once in a while, but I wouldn't want to live there.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: bbarkow

Lol, me neither, I like my women without bodyhair too, maybe a little landing strip. My point is that one should not condemn women for prefering the same with men.
edit on 22-7-2016 by DearDiary because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DearDiary

My point is that one should not condemn women for prefering the same with men.

I know why a lot of men are recalcitrant about it. It takes a little time and care, and one could make the argument that men shouldn't have to groom themselves. But maybe that's why they're always whining about having to beg for it.

My wife appreciates that I do it for her, and shows her appreciation in a most pleasant way.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm a married man, and also have a couple of very good platonic female friends that I met through my wife. They're still my wife's friends, but they hang out with me whether or not my wife is around.

(I just want to add a comment for the men here. If you don't have any women friends you aren't trying to screw, you're really missing out.)

So anyway, T*** and I were shooting the breeze over coffee one day and the subject of this thread came up. She said - and I quote - "He always wants me to blow him, but he refuses to clean it up around there. It's f*****g gross!"

Good times.

edit on 22-7-2016 by bbarkow because: >>>>>> I know her husband too. He's a great guy to be around. Hilarious and smart, but yeah - kind of a pig.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

What really bugs me are women who want a "smooth" guy who is hairless. To me it's part of the feminization of men into metrosexual floozies. I want nothing to do with women like that. Of course, it's personal preference and I understand that. But women who like their men hairless will be wanting to stay away from me, and the feeling is mutual.

Absolutely not! It's a cultural thing. I know full well that in lots of areas of the world, women with hairy legs and armpits are considered sexy and desirable. But not by me.

But we are talking about naturally present hair here. So in your case the natural bodyhair is just great, but a woman's natural body hair is not desired.

That is completely correct.

You must have lived through quite a few decades in which women were not trimmed to your liking, grandad. How did you deal with that?

An erroneous assumption on your part. Women have always been attractive to me. The practice of women shaving may be a 20th century phenomenon, but it isn't recent. Your point makes no sense.

Anyways, your disdain for women who don't like hairy man and your bravado about telling them off seem to be based on overcompensation and fantasy and it is hypocrisy since you don't like the natural appearance of women either.

Ahh, so you took Psychology 101, did you? Good for you! I knew you were going there--just had to flush you out! Here's the deal:

The original OP was about whether women like hairy men. Some do; some don't. I'm a part of my culture, which is not one in which hairy women are much appreciated. Had I grown up in Italy, I'm sure I would have accepted their point of view and liked women with hairy legs. This is not about politics or "fairness" or "what is natural" being "better" than what is "unnatural." I'm not "hypocritical" because I enjoy being hairy and do not like hairy women. In fact, your use of the word shows you don't know what it means. This is not a matter of "equality" where women have the "Right!" to be as hairy as men and are being discriminated against if they can't have hairy legs. That's where you have screwed up royally. You don't get it--even a little. If I am a hypocrite because I don't prefer hairy women, then every woman who doesn't like hairy men is equally hypocritical. Somehow you have missed the equivalency there, perhaps willfully.

But it's not about being a SJW for hairy Women. It's about being attracted to and being attractive for getting a mate. And if you like hairy women or are one, go for it. I couldn't care less. But the fact is that in this culture how you look either increases or decreases the pool of available mates. If you are a smooth woman you are more likely to attract attractive mates, assuming you're even interested in males, of course. If you are intentionally hairy, that pool of mates decreases. Not only that, so does the socio-economic class of that pool. You can go all feminist and talk to us about "women as objects" if you want, but the bottom line is that you can't force that available pool of mates to be attracted to you, and if you intentionally make yourself unattractive, the result is your problem.

My contention is that we are in an era where men are being encouraged to be more feminine. Examples are the metrosexual man, who is fastidious about his grooming and effeminate in his mannerisms. Why is this? Simply because we don't need macho strong men any more. We don't fight wars with swords. We don't stand behind a plow to till the fields. That kind of man, a big hairy one, is an anachronism these days.

Now I don't feel discriminated against because some women don't like hairy men in their natural state of hairiness. I can accept that. But fair is fair so I don't like women in their natural state of hairiness either. The question is, why do you think it's okay for the first one and not okay for the second? And why have you resorted to insults and innuendo about me because I don't share your views? Your reaction seems awfully immature and naive to me. You really ought to be ashamed of yourself.

edit on 7/22/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

If he wants to do it, fine, but I have no preference because hair is natural and it's not my body. if anyone would really see hair as a make or break it thing, then they obviously care more about appearance than the actual person

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I am lucky I guess. It must be a inherited trait. After I turned 40-45. most all my body hair fell out other than the top of my head. So no need to manscape. I am already baby smooth. ;-)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The original OP was about whether women like hairy men. Some do; some don't. I'm a part of my culture, which is not one in which hairy women are much appreciated. Had I grown up in Italy, I'm sure I would have accepted their point of view and liked women with hairy legs. This is not about politics or "fairness" or "what is natural" being "better" than what is "unnatural." I'm not "hypocritical" because I enjoy being hairy and do not like hairy women.

No you are hypocritical because you condemn women who don't like hairy men. I even said this a post back.

In fact, your use of the word shows you don't know what it means

No, obviously the problem is that you don't know when you are being hypocritical.

The rest of your post is irrelevant and has nothing to do with any point I was trying to make.

My contention is that we are in an era where men are being encouraged to be more feminine. Examples are the metrosexual man, who is fastidious about his grooming and effeminate in his mannerisms. Why is this? Simply because we don't need macho strong men any more. We don't fight wars with swords. We don't stand behind a plow to till the fields. That kind of man, a big hairy one, is an anachronism these days

Although this might be partly true, you are making generalisations and making up connections between body hair and being a strong man.

And actually I do use my body as a machine for a living most of the time. I do fight up close if I have to. I do this with my bodyhair trimmed.

And why have you resorted to insults and innuendo about me because I don't share your views?

What are you talking about.
edit on 22-7-2016 by DearDiary because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

No you are hypocritical because you condemn women who don't like hairy men. I even said this a post back.

Not true. You are hallucinating again. I'm NOT INTERESTED in women who do not like hairy. That's not condemnation at all. It's simply that the feeling is mutual. Why is one okay and the other not? This is an ongoing problem with your attitude.

No, obviously the problem is that you don't know when you are being hypocritical. The rest of your post is irrelevant and has nothing to do with any point I was trying to make.

Wrong again. You don't have a point because you don't understand the issue.

My contention is that we are in an era where men are being encouraged to be more feminine. Examples are the metrosexual man, who is fastidious about his grooming and effeminate in his mannerisms. Why is this? Simply because we don't need macho strong men any more. We don't fight wars with swords. We don't stand behind a plow to till the fields. That kind of man, a big hairy one, is an anachronism these days

Although this might be partly true, you are making generalisations and making up connections between body hair and being a strong man. And actually I do use my body as a machine for a living most of the time. I do fight up close if I have to. I do this with my bodyhair trimmed.

No, my point is that men are encourage to be more feminine and one of the ways you can see this is the trimming of body hair. What you do with your own body is really irrelevant and uninteresting.

And why have you resorted to insults and innuendo about me because I don't share your views?

What are you talking about.

Oh, maybe it was crap like this:

You must have lived through quite a few decades in which women were not trimmed to your liking, grandad. How did you deal with that? Anyways, your disdain for women who don't like hairy man and your bravado about telling them off seem to be based on overcompensation and fantasy and it is hypocrisy since you don't like the natural appearance of women either.

I think you have a problem with reading comprehension as I never advocated or said what you claim I did. And you've managed to completely avoid the main issue here:

WHY is it okay for women to NOT like hairy men, but it's NOT okay for men to NOT like hairy women?

You're not tracking very well here. And you are the ONLY one who has taken offense. Everyone else has simply stated their opinion. You've turned what was a fun thread into an argument. Congratulations.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Seriously? These people exist only in your fevered imagination. Methinks thou doth protest too much.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian

Seriously? These people exist only in your fevered imagination. Methinks thou doth protest too much.

My turn to say What are you talking about? What people? And why would you say "fevered imagination"?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

That guy looks like he's wearing half of my bearskin rug! ... and THAT'S a bit much! 😲 Thanks for the thought though! 😍

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

Lol thank you for your reply!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

you know Bruce was quick as hell, but in reality if a giant dude wanted to fight him he would probably lose. His movies are not a way to measure. He was still a small guy. If he had to go up against someone like Batista or the Rock, if they could just wrap their arms around him once it would be over for him. Of course they would have to be quick enough to catch that little grasshopper. I bet he would probably land some hard blows, but bigger man means he can take harder blows too.

I mean one of the Rocks Pectoral muscles is like the size of Bruce's entire chest man. How the hell would even a quick fighter be able to compete one on one without reducing to a nut shot??

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
for the life of me, i can't figure out how an argument erupted in this thread.....

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Not true. You are hallucinating again. I'm NOT INTERESTED in women who do not like hairy. That's not condemnation at all.

You wrote this,

What really bugs me are women who want a "smooth" guy who is hairless. To me it's part of the feminization of men into metrosexual floozies. I want nothing to do with women like that.

You sound pretty combatative towards women who have the same sort of preference you have.....

Why is one okay and the other not? This is an ongoing problem with your attitude

I never said that or even implied that either one of those is ok or not. The question is why is it ok for you to want a trimmed woman but women can't prefer a trimmed man.

No, my point is that men are encourage to be more feminine and one of the ways you can see this is the trimming of body hair. What you do with your own body is really irrelevant and uninteresting.

No it is relevant because I am telling your supposed connection between body hair(or not trimming it)and being manly is nonsense.

Oh, maybe it was crap like this:

I would say it was an observation.

I think you have a problem with reading comprehension as I never advocated or said what you claim I did. And you've managed to completely avoid the main issue here: WHY is it okay for women to NOT like hairy men, but it's NOT okay for men to NOT like hairy women?

Main issue? I have explained several times what my issue was with your initial post, I even said I don't like hairy women myself and didn't make any such claims.

You're not tracking very well here. And you are the ONLY one who has taken offense. Everyone else has simply stated their opinion. You've turned what was a fun thread into an argument. Congratulations.

What really happened is that people were asked their opinion about their preferences, then you came in being a loud and proud hairy dude with a "hit the road" attitude, basically calling the women in this thread who prefer trimmed men, manipulating emasculating witches, and the guys who do trim their bodies, emasculated pussies.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
It just goes to show that people will argue over anything and everything, including body hair.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Lol no kidding!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
It just goes to show that people will argue over anything and everything, including body hair.

Hey.

This is a pubic forum!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join