It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manscapeing...do you or don't you...do women like a clean man...

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DearDiary

There is a cool Bruce Lee thread!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

you know full well, because I covered it in the PM I sent you. But the gloves are off now, I am going to the Bruce Lee thread with this.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't shave. I use small explosives.

Only real men do that.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I don't shave. I use small explosives. Only real men do that.

We have a winner.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

LOL

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

you know full well, because I covered it in the PM I sent you.

I still don't see an escalation. Don't be so dramatic.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Actually, it is very important.

If you have no body hair naturally, then that is one thing. The thing that is not manly is spending time preening oneself. Excessive, narcissistic, mirror bothering of any kind is simply not manly. You can be manly and good looking, but you cannot be manly and put any effort into being good looking. Moisturiser on the face? Leave it to the ladies. Plucking out errant eyebrow hairs, shaving the face for any reason other than to stay cool and comfortable in summer? Not manly.

Effortless badassery, being able to jump in the shower, spend less than ten minutes in the thing, do the bare minimum of grooming, and be done and ready in twenty minutes or less, retaining ones natural form, and crucially giving not a damn what anyone thinks of the result....THAT is manly.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What a load of drivel. Me kicking your ass, now that is manly and long hair is for females.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Moisturiser on the face? Leave it to the ladies.

Why would I not put moisturiser on my face if my skin is dry after shaving? It feels good and why should a man not put in at least a minimal effort into looking good?

shaving the face for any reason other than to stay cool and comfortable in summer? Not manly.

Wut, so looking a like a bum in winter is the thing to do? If that's your thing.

Just because you think it is manly to look like a bum or unwashed hippie doesn't mean it is manly.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Wow...no need to get butthurt. It's just an opinion!

And regards the unwashed hippie comment...anyone who can look at a clean, but hairy person, and fail to understand that hairy is not dirty is a moron of outstanding prowess. Second of all, I have long hair because it is a damn sight more manly than spending money at a barbers shop, spending time trimming, worrying about the shape of my hair and all that. I do nothing to my hair other than wash it.

I do not condition it, because my hair is GREAT, and needs nothing other than to be clean. I do not style it or blow dry it. I let it drip dry, naturally. I spend next to no time on it what so ever, because wasting time on crap like that is simply pathetic in my view. Prissy, weak, ego centred nonsense that has no place in the schedule of a serious fellow with a real life to get on with. I loathe facade, front, because it always hides a stack of bull ten miles high. I do not live the life of a pampered wuss, and I do not set about to look like one either.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I do not condition it, because my hair is GREAT

*throws hair back*

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
DP
edit on 23-7-2016 by DearDiary because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Wow...no need to get butthurt. It's just an opinion!

And regards the unwashed hippie comment...anyone who can look at a clean, but hairy person, and fail to understand that hairy is not dirty is a moron of outstanding prowess. Second of all, I have long hair because it is a damn sight more manly than spending money at a barbers shop, spending time trimming, worrying about the shape of my hair and all that. I do nothing to my hair other than wash it.

I do not condition it, because my hair is GREAT, and needs nothing other than to be clean. I do not style it or blow dry it. I let it drip dry, naturally. I spend next to no time on it what so ever, because wasting time on crap like that is simply pathetic in my view. Prissy, weak, ego centred nonsense that has no place in the schedule of a serious fellow with a real life to get on with. I loathe facade, front, because it always hides a stack of bull ten miles high. I do not live the life of a pampered wuss, and I do not set about to look like one either.

True Brit & Dear Diary, you gentlemen both have valid points.

From my female point of view, I'm OK with long hair on a man. I've seen some long haired men who just rocked it and looked fabulous. If that long hair needs a bit of conditioner to stay looking fabulous, then so be it. I once got in line behind a guy who had shampoo, conditioner and mousse in his hand and raised my eyebrow a bit. Then I checked out his (longer) hair and said OH MY!!

Eyebrows...I've already stated my opinion on that. Faced with the option of wifey here plucking a wild eyebrow with tweezers or just getting himself a trimmer, hubby went with the less painful option. But waxing and plucking into a manicured shape, I just don't care for that at all.

Moisturizer does have it's place, too. Shaving can be damaging to facial skin. Dear Diary, I don't know where you live but here in Wisconsin, it gets damn cold in the winter. Moisturizer and hand cream especially are neccesities.

As much as I prefer a man with chest hair, which hubby has in abundance, that hair coarsens with age. He does shave his chest because the hair gets caught in T shirt materials and pulls painfully, according to him. I really wish he wouldn't, but it's his chest, not mine, so it's his decision to remove it.

Just like there is societal pressure to women to look a certain way or be a certain size, I think that pressure is carrying over into mens appearances as well. Basic hygene is fine and neccesary, but there does seem to be a push for men to engage in extensive grooming and preening to consider themselves acceptable.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Cheddarhead

Just like there is societal pressure to women to look a certain way or be a certain size, I think that pressure is carrying over into mens appearances as well. Basic hygene is fine and neccesary, but there does seem to be a push for men to engage in extensive grooming and preening to consider themselves acceptable.

This might be true but TrueBrit is pushing this into the extreme acting like everone who does as much as shave their beard or gets a haircut is not manly which is totally ridiculous.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DearDiary
a reply to: Cheddarhead

This might be true but TrueBrit is pushing this into the extreme acting like everone who does as much as shave their beard or gets a haircut is not manly which is totally ridiculous.

It all comes down to personal choice and what decisions you, as a grown adult, make for yourself. Sometimes, its not a personal choice, but a job requirement regarding facial hair and head hair length. Again, you both had valid points. I have met some quite manly men with both short and long hair, and while we're at it, bald quys as well. (And while I'm putting in my 2 cents here, I have to give points to a bald man who doesn't hide under a toupee. There is a basic honestly about saying welp, guess this is it, and facing the world just as he is.)

Over the years, I've come to realize that it's really not the outward appearance thats most important, it's the person inside. I work for a meal delivery program for seniors, and have a volunteer who has what most would consider a not neatly trimmed beard and long hair. But he is a generous person and would give you the shirt off of his back. Today I had another volunteer fall while getting something out of her car and was helped up by a man with short hair and a beard. To me, it's not the hair or outward appearance that makes a man "manly".

edit on 7/23/2016 by Cheddarhead because: typo

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DearDiary
long hair is for females.

Are you kidding me? Throughout history the most brutal and manliest of warriors had long hair. Jesus Christ had long hair. How could you say such things? I doubt you would call Jesus Christ a female to his face, or a hulking beast of a Viking either. How about those Japanese warriors from the ninja and samurai days?? They also had long hair.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Are you kidding me?

Yes.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
How did this thread devolve into a d**k measuring contest?

Being a man has nothing to do with how he chooses to present himself.

I was sitting here thinking about how I was going to explain what being a man is (I'm a little high).

But I guess if it has to be explained to you...

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: bbarkow

I always thought being a man meant taking care of your family, standing up when everyone else sits, and working hard.

Oh, and killing bears with your hands.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: bbarkow

I always thought being a man meant taking care of your family, standing up when everyone else sits, and working hard.

Oh, and killing bears with your hands.

Don't forget killing the occasional centipede or spider in the bathroom and reaching things on the top shelf.

The other stuff is pretty important, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join