It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Tells AFL-CIO: ‘Right to Work is Wrong For Workers’

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: introvert

After spending a decade in a union.

Do not even try to lecture me.

DON'T.

I'm not lecturing you. All I have said is that I can see why she is speaking to a union about this particular issue.

Get a grip, dude.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Me two.

She is clearly giving them an audience for donations to her slush fund otherwise known as the Clinton Foundation.

The money will obviously be used to give African women high paying jobs.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Me two.

She is clearly giving them an audience for donations to her slush fund otherwise known as the Clinton Foundation.

I'd say she is doing it for votes.

The money will obviously be used to give African women high paying jobs.

I don't know what that is supposed to mean or how it is productive to this conversation.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Workers don't earn their money, it is a gift to them from their overlords. Thanks Hillary, for reminding me that I've never earned anything. I never built anything.This business? Yea, I didn't build that

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Can you post a link/ source that proves this hypothesis??

Otherwise I can't take your word for it.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

All I have said is that I can see why she is speaking to a union about this particular issue

So are the police.

What do you think that is going to happen to that union support after she rolls out the 'Mothers Movement'.

Stabbing every law enforcement officer in the back across the country?

Just like coal miners unions.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: neo96

The whole idea that you MUST join a union has always irked me. Of course Hillary is against the freedom to work because she is always opposite of me on every issue.

I enjoyed me union job. Retired after 30 years, at age 53. Enjoy your right to work.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Can you post a link/ source that proves this hypothesis??

Otherwise I can't take your word for it.

I cannot post a link to prove my personal opinion. You said she is "clearly giving them an audience for donations to her slush fund otherwise known as the Clinton Foundation". I think it's much more likely and more logical to say she is pandering to the union at their convention in order to solidify more union support.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

If the mothers go on stage and bash police, she may have some issues, but we will have to wait and see what they do.

I think you may be putting the cart before the horse here.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
My husband retired from the Laborers Union Local 238 after 35 yrs at 55. His benefits were deducted weekly from paycheck, always had health insurance. We had to leave Idaho when it became right to work in 80's because he would have lost all benefits and pay cut of $8 per hour.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Welllllllllllllllll . . .

given the gritchy pants suit's

'divine right to extort' outrageous speaking fees and other corruption-rife perks . . .

what else would the empty headed one say?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Sounds like the bargaining unit got dissolved.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Vote your conscience!

I will.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

True. There is no one representing the laborer anymore. We don't have a place at the table like the Chamber of Commerce.

The table being congressional lawmakers.
edit on 21-7-2016 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

The labor movement is a relic of a bigone era.

Robots have taken over, and will continue to do so.

Their days are numbered.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Yeah. I remember when main frame computers starting taking over clerical jobs in the 70's. But then it created jobs also, like operators. Businesses at that time trained people off the streets for those jobs. I think it was a tax break for on the job training.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Yeah. I remember when main frame computers starting taking over clerical jobs in the 70's. But then it created jobs also, like operators. Businesses at that time trained people off the streets for those jobs. I think it was a tax break for on the job training.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

All I have said is that I can see why she is speaking to a union about this particular issue

So are the police.

When I was still copping, the Union was mainly for the 'Legal Defense Fund' basically insurance that You wouldn't lose Your house and assets when/if someone sued You and were successful. It should also be noted that at the PD I worked, You didn't have to be a member of the Union and the few guys that weren't got to keep the extra $$$.

When I retired because of a broken back/neck, "Health Insurance" was included until I was dead. My co-pay was $20.00 at the Dr.s office and I had a $10.00 co-pay for the 7 RX meds I was prescribed.
Then some TURD decided that We should have "Affordable Healthcare" so since Feb. 2014 I've had $1207/month taken out of My retirement....

The Waltons of The Walton Cabal must've given pointers on this?? They schedule their employees 32 hrs. a week because anything over 40 hours week = Overtime. This way Walmart™ can have them work 'up to 7 hrs. 'extra' Then this also keeps them from providing "Affordable Healthcare"

Last time I looked the "Union Worker" made up 11% of the workforce? Has it risen?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
If I am not mistaken, Arkansas is a right to work state. If it is so bad, how come that did not change under Clinton leadership?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   

That hard earned money that your working for ? The unions get a cut off the top for dues.

ohhh how much?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join