It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton Tells AFL-CIO: ‘Right to Work is Wrong For Workers’

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
On this episode of politicians say the dardnest things. Your presidential candidate says this SNIP. Why no people. You don't have a right to a job free of union clutches. What you do have the right to is to be hostage to the collective, and what ever they says goes. Even though they are not the ones PAYING you. You are the ones PAYING them for the mere PRIVILEGE of having a job.

CNSNews.com) – “Right to work is wrong for workers and wrong for America,” Hillary Clinton said last week during a speech to the AFL-CIO Convention in Philadelphia, where she called for “a strong and vibrant labor movement that is supported in the White House and across the country.”

Dear God in Heavan. Please save me from people like this.

Right-to-work laws are statutes in a reported 26 states in the United States that are an effort to give employees the right to work without being required or compelled to join to a union

en.wikipedia.org...

LOL What a LIE.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Just making sure she can lock up those union votes.
I like right to work, because dealing with union run places is terrible. I have plenty of horror stories.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Just remember people.

That hard earned money that your working for ?

The unions get a cut off the top for dues.

That they give to people like Clinton.

Insult to injury.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

She's pandering in an attempt to shield herself from backlash when the police unions attack her for pandering to BLM.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Can you explain to me how these " right to work " laws benifit workers? As far as I can see it just real the right to fire on the spot without warning.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It is not unexpected that Hillary would talk about Right to Work laws in front of an union audience. Right to Work is considered an unnecessary government regulation that forces a union to represent those that may work in a specific industry, but do not want to pay the union fees for those services.
edit on 21-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie From what I understand it's supposed to encourage work without unions, but then workers get abused because businesses can required them to work 24/7 if they want and fire them for no reason. Outcome of right to work may vary by state.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie
Can you explain to me how these " right to work " laws benifit workers? As far as I can see it just real the right to fire on the spot without warning.

That is part of it. An employer can terminate your employment at any time without providing cause. That does not exempt them from paying unemployment benefits though. To do that they have to provide the reason they were terminated and that it was the fault of the employee for losing the job.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

Can you explain to me how these " right to work " laws benifit workers?

Already explained.

Right-to-work laws are statutes in a reported 26 states in the United States that are an effort to give employees the right to work without being required or compelled to join to a union

Why shouldn't workers have the RIGHT To CHOOSE?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes
a reply to: defiythelie From what I understand it's supposed to encourage work without unions, but then workers get abused because businesses can required them to work 24/7 if they want and fire them for no reason. Outcome of right to work may vary by state.

The bolded portion above is ridiculously incorrect. States and the federal government have worker protection laws in place that make that type of employer expectation illegal.

The advantage to right to work laws is simple worker freedom. The laws grant every worker the right to say "No, I'm not willing to take a union job at $12 an hour while turning around and paying $1.25 an hour in union dues when I can take the same job as an independent employee, get paid $11.50 an hour and pocket my earnings myself. The disadvantages to right to work are all bourne by union chiefs and politicians... the chiefs lose because they can't run their crooked racket of payouts, kickbacks, bribes, and such and the politicians lose because they can't bribe the chiefs to obtain union member support and votes.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Why shouldn't workers have the RIGHT To CHOOSE?

That is true, but these laws also allow for those employees that do not join the union (known as free-riders) to benefit from the collective bargaining efforts of the union without having to pay their fair share.

They are benefiting from the representation that their fellow workers paid for with their union dues.

As someone that complains about freeloading welfare queens, I'm sure you can understand how some may find that wrong.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Waiting for someone to defend Hillary on any issue. And saying never Trump is not defending her on issues. I have read lots of comments on sites. Have yet to find any that defends her on issues. This is thousands of comments on a wide range of sites.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Scrrew 'collective' bargaining.

Call it what it is.

BLACKMAIL or else.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Scrrew 'collective' bargaining.

Call it what it is.

BLACKMAIL or else.

In some cases, I would agree. But let's not forget that unions do not just bargain for wages. They also train people in certain fields and ensure that the people they represent are ready to get to work. The companies do not have to train their staff.

There is value in that, as well as ensuring the employees are treated fairly.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

As someone that complains about freeloading welfare queens, I'm sure you can understand how some may find that wrong

After spending a decade in a union.

Teamster local 89.

My OPINION was earned through blood,sweat, and tears.

They are no where the 'saints' some people making them out to be.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

No one said they were saints.

Regardless, I can see why she discussed this issue in front of a union audience. Unions are not fond of those laws.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

After spending a decade in a union.

Do not even try to lecture me.

DON'T.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Hillary is at the top of my pantheon.

She can do no wrong.

I will defend her even through death into eternity.

What she is actually saying here is that if the unions give her enough money she will make it harder for right to work states.

I trust what she is saying.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Anyone with an audience can be dangerous. Unions are no difference.

In my view, unions are outmoded/outdated. When there was little in the way of regulatory oversight (the OSHA's, FLSA's, and in Texas, Payday Law), unions filled a vital role.

Today? They are beyond unnecessary. The reason we lost manufacturing jobs was due to unions making it impossible to operate. Detroit....that was unions. If you enjoy driving your little piece of plastic around, fine. I personally don't.

The risk to employers for firing you for no real reason is the incresed unemployment tax you pay as a result. That, and the lost investment in training someone, and potential civil litigation. In the state of Texas, the employer is bound to abide their own policies, if nothing else.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The whole idea that you MUST join a union has always irked me. Of course Hillary is against the freedom to work because she is always opposite of me on every issue.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join