It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republican Party Is Dead

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Republicans started bailing when the NEO CONS took over.

The Political Christian Right (not all Christians) divided them even more.

Its been a long time coming. Trump is just the final straw.

Sweet, now we can have single party rule with a state run propaganda press! This is going to be great!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
There is a political revolution happening in America, don't take 2 steps backwards by voting for the establishment again.

If your a Trumpophobe at least take solace in the fact that he is the result of a political establishment that has completely failed the people. Trump is the beginning of the revolution.

link   
The tea party was the coup de gras.

link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: SLAYER69

originally posted by: butcherguy

They have two options, get with the times or get the hell out.

If it were only that easy....

I think they had better or they will lose their party.
It might remain, but it will end up powerless and unable to field a viable candidate.

If the world was right, the Democrats would be facing the same trouble.

I don't know if you guys are living in the same paradigm as me but I saw the Republican party coming together except a very small faction lead by Ted Cruz and John Kasich. Very disillusioned people who have a hard time losing.

The DNC will be much more fractured and I have a feeling Bernie Sanders and his more outspoken supporters are going to put up a fight against Clinton.

Correct.

Just as the party Establishment covertly went out of their way to help Trump sell the image he is anti-Establishment and win the nomination, they will be openly supporting him in the general election to help with whatever is up the two-parties' sleeve.

It's the #NeverTrumps that are the rebellious outsiders now.

The party will come together thanks to the voters. But I don't think the party leaders even want the image of uniting and getting their sh*t together. They aren't acting like it, so far, if they do.

Also, I think the DNC convention will be interesting, too. Bernie is going to allow a traditional roll call, and has said he may stop it there and declare Hillary the winner by acclamation.

OR, it could be that the nomination will actually hinge on the superdelegates and I'm not sure that's ever happened before.

PLUS, Bernie is going to be calling for reform in the superdelegate rules to either reduce the number or do away with them all together.

It's going to be interesting.

link   
a reply to: Metallicus

originally posted by: Metallicus
Start focusing on a balanced budget and fiscal responsibility, smaller Government, and keeping us safe at home and abroad. Focus on stopping ILLEGAL immigration and securing our borders. Focus on jobs and the economy.

You mean what should be at the core of any conservative programme?
Yeah, it would be great if U.S. conservatives would find their way back to their statutes (among some other important values). In recent years I've only heard libertarians championing those points.

Right now, your GOP is giving conservatism a bad name. You're damaging it for all of us.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Republicans started bailing when the NEO CONS took over.

The Political Christian Right (not all Christians) divided them even more.

Its been a long time coming. Trump is just the final straw.

Sweet, now we can have single party rule with a state run propaganda press! This is going to be great!

Where'd ya get that from?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

For sure it was.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I can't see this ... one might say the "traditional" Republican party is dead, but which party is that?

The party of Lincoln, of Roosevelt, of Eisenhower, Nixon, Reagan?

Lincoln's party would be liberal today. As would Roosevelt's, and probably Eisenhower's.

To my mind, the modern GOP is the party of Reagan taken to absurd egotistical and authoritarian extremes.

I think you're going to see the Christofascist wing live on at least probably hand-in-hand with the Neo-Cons, whether they continue to try to hide under constitutional conservatism or not remains to be seen, but I would guess NOT as the US Constitution doesn't lend itself to a militarized theocracy.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

For sure it was.

Why is that?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

You actually think I would allow a THEOCRACY after the middle ages?
NO Virginia you don't know the tea party,the word NEO CON is the lefts opinion of it. AND quite frankly shows an epic failure in common sense or observation.
I AIN'T SUCH A SIMPLE MAN.
We wanted an outsider for a REASON,not create another problem with 1 MAN'S FAITH ,like the current stain.
edit on 21-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Star and flag because I like your take.

I have a slight worry that he may possibly have some hidden agenda, but it doesn't really seem like it.

Considering the way things are headed, and the alternative, I'm willing to take a chance. Trump Is the best shot we have right now
edit on 21-7-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I consider myself a socially liberal, fiscally conservative independent; in that specific order. As much as I want the nation to be fiscally conservative, the social issues must be fixed first; else neither will be...and by fixed, I mean exactly what the OP stated; conservatives need to let the social issues go...live and let live.

True or not, this meme is how the loudest conservative mouths in the room always seem to be interpreted.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The republicans, democrats, libertarians, etc parties can all suck an egg along with every lobbyists and religious fanatic that encompasses the political landscape with their incessant BS rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think we're through with overt neo-con power for awhile. They served their purpose to start the War on Terror so that money-making machine is pretty much perpetual.

I think the modern GOP is supposed to look weak, hateful, and oppressive in comparison to the DNC, so that big domestic spending can be exploited, too, and the federal government can expand its power.

Or that's how it looks to me, but I consider everything in politics, at this level, to be entirely intentional and strategic unless otherwise proven.
edit on 21-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: forthelove

The republicans, democrats, libertarians, etc parties can all suck an egg along with every lobbyists and religious fanatic that encompasses the political landscape with their incessant BS rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I'm not so sure.

My brother is running for office. He's been a registered Republican forever. So he has to get the Republican nod (I'm not going to pretend I understand this process exactly). He's duking it out with a crazy lady and two 'converted' Democrats.

So ... He stands up in front of the party and says he's been a Republican for more than 40 years and these two were Democrats less than a year ago. My brother got like 15% of the vote and the 'Republicans' threw it to the female Democrat. I know (and he knows) the results had been fixed before he ever walked in the room. It's just political corruption way down at the local level.

My question: Is the Republican party dead ... or is it just that all the professional politicians are bailing from the Democrat's side and edging out true Republicans?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I think we're through with overt neo-con power for awhile. They served their purpose to start the War on Terror so that money-making machine is pretty much perpetual.

I think the modern GOP is supposed to look weak, hateful, and oppressive in comparison to the DNC, so that big domestic spending can be exploited, too, and the federal government can expand its power.

Or that's how it looks to me, but I consider everything in politics, at this level, to be entirely intentional and strategic unless otherwise proven.

Opinions vary of course. To me TPTB have ensorcelled between a third and half of the US population to support mindlessly what we used to call the military-industrial complex due to the equivalence of those militaristic "values" with the belief-based, science-hating, homogenizing force of right-wing Christianity (not to be confused, of course with the actual teachings of Jesus).

They've converted a significant portion of the population to unthinking battalions of the modern god of war.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I'd haft'a agree. The silent majority stood up to speak ... and the rug was pulled out from under them.

The Neo-Cons were just as happy with that as the Democrats were.

Now they've got Donald Trump.

How's that feel, America?

Ahhhhahahahahaha!!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Annee

You actually think I would allow a THEOCRACY after the middle ages?

I certainly hope not. We rarely agree, but I don't think you're stupid.

NO Virginia you don't know the tea party, . .

I have zero interest in knowing the Tea Party.

Bunch of spoiled brats IMO

We wanted an outsider for a REASON,not create another problem with 1 MAN'S FAITH ,like the current stain.

What is that reason?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Opinions vary of course. To me TPTB have ensorcelled between a third and half of the US population to support mindlessly what we used to call the military-industrial complex due to the equivalence of those militaristic "values" with the belief-based, science-hating, homogenizing force of right-wing Christianity (not to be confused, of course with the actual teachings of Jesus).

They've converted a significant portion of the population to unthinking battalions of the modern god of war.

Those TPTB could never persuade are in the process of being thoroughly discredited. They have ensorcelled (love that word, btw) people to identify with policies, ideas, beliefs that are certain to be rejected by the majority.

Again, I think the outcome of the direction of the GOP is entirely predictable and therefore, I think it's part of 'the plan.'

The War on Terror, however, is not going anywhere regardless of the parties in Congress and the White House. But the support for it among conservative voters is very useful anyway.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join