It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it racist now to be proud to be a white man?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: imsoconfused

That's just another tiny, insignificant label that so many are making "something" out of which, in REALITY, means nothing! In order to satisfy whatever racial gripes they have at the political moment seems to be at the top of the "tah do" list of today.

Think about it: Bandwagon rolls by with "White man/Caucasian" on it and immediately there are those who HAVE to grab whatever miniscule bit of descriptive information they can twist and embellish to make a big deal out of...unfortunately, it suits the atmosphere of desegregating race relations we have today. It's a blatant case of the label is being "labeled", I guess you could say. What a sad commentary on us, indeed the entire human population....

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

That's just another tiny, insignificant label that so many are making "something" out of which, in REALITY, means nothing! In order to satisfy whatever racial gripes they have at the political moment seems to be at the top of the "tah do" list of today.

Think about it: Bandwagon rolls by with "White man/Caucasian" on it and immediately there are those who HAVE to grab whatever miniscule bit of descriptive information they can twist and embellish to make a big deal out of...unfortunately, it suits the atmosphere of desegregating race relations we have today. It's a blatant case of the label is being "labeled", I guess you could say. What a sad commentary on us, indeed the entire human population....

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I find the concept of racial pride pretty stupid in general.

I don't go around thinking about my hispanicness all day or about my straightness.

Racial pride and the movements they tend to start are never positive.

Why the hell take pride in something you never had a choice in to begin with?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
"Black Pride" is not about celebrating blackness, it is about not being ashamed to be black as has been the case for hundreds of years.

(Side note: Georgia Gov. Sonny Perdue signed a set of bills that erased the last vestiges of segregation-era “Jim Crow” laws in 200beeping5!)
edit on 21-7-2016 by CinimodGD because: edited for clarity

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What's to be proud of? When it comes to consideration by society we are the bottom of the totem pole.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Do you happen to be male, middle aged, and proud of your own heritage as a caucasian, too?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Be proud of whatever the hell you want. It's a free country and not one damn person can tell you how to think.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper
Be proud of whatever the hell you want. It's a free country and not one damn person can tell you how to think.

Someone should tell that to all the SJW that have popped up in here.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: antiguaEstrella

Do you happen to be male, middle aged, and proud of your own heritage as a caucasian, too?

Male , 46, married 25 years to a full blown Jew and my dearest friend of 35 years is a gay man named Dante.

I waited for everyone to make their judgments before knowing anything but I am proud of my heritage and my Whiteness.
edit on 21-7-2016 by imsoconfused because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Racist? It depends do you consider other as you call them "races" to be inferior?

I say "as you call them" as race is an artificial construct (if you believe that there is a difference between them, beyond minor cosmetic ones). So racism really is just ignorance, and ignorance is sad.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Be proud of what you want......just don't try to ram it down another's throat, there is where the problem lies. I often wonder what the world would look like If we all suddenly became colorblind. I can dream, can't I ?
edit on 21-7-2016 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

It is only racist if you say your race is superior. Through out history that is a down right lie. Only civilizations that kept experimenting new weapons got that advantage and invaded. We were all barbarians at some point and it can happen again. Romans were barbaric to the Etruscan.
edit on 21-7-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
The responses are funny, considering a thread about gay pride or black pride would be met with uproarious support. It just seems like there are a lot of racist bigots who have convinced themselves they're anything but. Strange times we're living in.
And? I'm a black guy. Why take pride in something you didn't have damn thing too do with? And could you please give me a link to a black pride thread here on ATS? I have been on this site since 08 and I don't see how I missed that. One more thing, "racist bigots " is ridiculous. Two different meanings.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga
I have pondered this question for a long while. Here is my theory.

Black folks have lost their entire culture due to slavery. The USA has categorized them as the generic term "black".

So, for a very long time the only thing they could be proud of was their skin color. Black and Proud.

Now, most white folk, can and do have clubs and parades that display their whiteness. White folks are damn proud of being Irish, British, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Greek and all the rest.

See what I'm saying?

I see what you're saying, man.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Well the way I see it is that to rag on a white person is racist. But if you can label that white inherently racist, claiming all whites are racist, you can then attack not appearing racist yourself. Thus appearing to have a foundation to stand on that is just. JUST?, yea, just about bull stuff....

I will never make apology for being white. So whatever social justice warriors want to attack with, will be ineffective here.
Man nobody expects you to apologize for being white. Get over yourself. No one has anything to do with the color of skin they were born with, so why in the hell would anybody expect anyone to apologize for their skin color?
edit on 21-7-2016 by JimiBlack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
why would anyone be proud of a physical attribute that they were born with? to me that seems very shallow and ignorant. should a person be proud that they have 10 fingers and 10 toes, or be proud that they have brown hair?

are there that many people in the world who have accomplished nothing on their own that they can proud of that they have to resort to being proud of something which they had no hand in accomplishing and is something that hundreds of millions of other people also have?
Can't understand for the life of me why some people don't get this. I'm outta here. It's like I've entered the twilight zone. This is not the ATS I know.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: imsoconfused

So is it racist now to be proud to be white?

So, you're proud of something you had nothing to do with?

It's not as if you can go to the gym, and workout for 10 months, to change your skin color to white.

What is the achievement?

All the white skin does is give you an automatic privilege. The question is then, what did you do with this privilege?

Did you use your white skin to do something good?

Or are you like a lot of other freeloaders, who point out all the good things "other" white folks have done, and claim credit for those things yourself, just because you have white skin like them?

What is the "source" of this pride?

Does it have anything at all to do with you, or just with others who look like you?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimiBlack

originally posted by: Tardacus
why would anyone be proud of a physical attribute that they were born with? to me that seems very shallow and ignorant. should a person be proud that they have 10 fingers and 10 toes, or be proud that they have brown hair?

are there that many people in the world who have accomplished nothing on their own that they can proud of that they have to resort to being proud of something which they had no hand in accomplishing and is something that hundreds of millions of other people also have?
Can't understand for the life of me why some people don't get this. I'm outta here. It's like I've entered the twilight zone. This is not the ATS I know.

I feel ya.

Divide and conquer.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Listen. The short answer is, No. The real answer is, race doesn't even exist. And it's pretty sad to be proud of societal constructs to the point that you fprm an identity over them.

None of my business, but there really is no biological basis for race. Race doesn't have one single definition. Brazil recognizes over 500 different races and people there are racially fluid in that they change race based upon their own life achievements.

We are all human, we are all family--and what could be better than a family where everyone isn't all the same? I think that having differences is beautiful. Stop allowing the dominant culture to play you like a fool.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Just be proud of YOURSELF. Think of your qualities as a person, whatever you've done...be proud of that. I'm white but I'm really proud of myself as a human being really...I think I think different than most.
I have a level of creativity unmatched to almost everybody I know...that stuff makes me proud. Be proud of you as an individual, too many white people out there anyway...nothing special about that!

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join