It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zika case in Florida is unrelated to travel...and yet the U.S. will not back out of the Olympics.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
There is a new case of Zika in Miami and it isn't related to travel: Link

It may be the first case contracted from a mosquito inside the U.S.

I'm predicting that Zika is going to be a big issue heading into the November elections. Already the fingerpointing has begun when republicans *ahem* sullied a $1.9 billion bill to address it and then Congress went on vacation.

After the Olympics, there will be a global spike in cases. In the U.S., taxpayers will be forced to spend billions addressing it. Democrats will feed their health-industry cronies with that money and then the republicans will stuff the bill with pork to filter the money to other cronies.

Meanwhile, the voters won't notice that we had a chance to avoid a large part of the mess by simply pulling out of the games. But no one is thinking ahead and the politicians are counting on that. Personally, I think Zika may wind up being a deciding factor for many voters, by November, and it could deliver a victory to democrats.

I'm of the opinion that the two parties feign gridlock to bring us crappy spending bills that don't benefit the people. I don't see republicans calling for the U.S. to pull out of the games for the good of the nation's health (and budget), so I stand by my unpopular opinion that republicans will be helping deliver a democrat victory in November.

*Note: This post is not intended for discussion on what Zika is or isn't and whether or not something else is to blame for the microcephalic babies in Brazil.

edit on 21-7-2016 by MotherMayEye because: reworded for accuracy

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The Republicans actually put it up for vote but it was voted down by democrats because the religious nuts on the republicans side wanted to defund planned parenthood as a condition.

I would really like to know what $1.9 billion would actually be spent on? They already have possible vaccine going into trials...

What politicians buddies parmicutical development company would bank roll off this?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
They're working on a vaccine.

www.ctvnews.ca...

Hopefully it works..and hopefully it's ready on time.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Just another biological weapon. All you have to do is get the mosquitos, breed them and release them in USA.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
The Republicans actually put it up for vote but it was voted down by democrats because the religious nuts on the republicans side wanted to defund planned parenthood as a condition.

I would really like to know what $1.9 billion would actually be spent on? They already have possible vaccine going into trials...

What politicians buddies parmicutical development company would bank roll off this?

This is how they feign gridlock.

The big money to fund Zika will come when there is a marked increase in cases after the Olympics. Congress is holding out for billions more for their pharmaceutical buddies.

They know the Olympics will make the problem worse. They are counting on it.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
BTW, no one has an argument to 'blame the other party' because neither party is demanding the U.S. back out of the Olympics. Both parties are to blame and this is just another big clue that the two parties conspire to steal from taxpayers.

It will make me sick though when I see democrats act like republicans are entirely to blame.

It won't cost taxpayers anything to simply pull out of the games and save billions in funding.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I'm already having serious worries about the Olympics even without thinking about this --

I'm predicting that Zika is going to be a big issue heading into the November elections. Already the fingerpointing has begun when republicans stonewalled on a $1.9 billion bill to address it and then Congress went on vacation.

After the Olympics, there will be a global spike in cases. In the U.S., taxpayers will be forced to spend billions addressing it. Democrats will feed their health-industry cronies with that money and then the republicans will stuff the bill with pork to filter the money to other cronies.

And the prospect of one more forced vaccination comes to mind with heaven only knows what other implications and repercussions that brings... Ugh.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Yep.

And judging by the number of travel-related cases we've already seen, it's obvious the Olympics are going to have a huge impact on cases in the U.S.

This isn't difficult to anticipate. So why aren't our leaders and the CDC anticipating it?

I believe they are and instead of making a decision to spare us the costs (and the danger), they are leading us off a cliff.

It's now or never to make sure they don't get away with it, but the People don't seem to care. They are distracted with far less important things.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   

How are we supposed to have a discussion about something if we can't talk about what it is or is not? So confusing...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Questions to ask:

Which company(ies) are developing a vaccine?
Who does(do) that(those) company(ies) donate to?
Who added the provisions to the bill which were unrelated?
Is there any overlap between the above?

Answers to those questions might give an indication as to why things are being handled the way they are.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

How are we supposed to have a discussion about something if we can't talk about what it is or is not? So confusing...

Because this thread is about what Congress and the CDC say that Zika is and how it will be exploited in the election.

Please feel free to start a thread about what it is or isn't if you want to discuss that. I am not saying it's a bad topic, I am just saying it's not the topic I intended.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
People are getting all up in arms about Zilka a virus born from the same mosquito family that brings other diseases, like west nile, dengue, malaria and chikungunya.

PR is a good example of what zika is not, the Island is suffering from all the born mosquito diseases including zika, so far since the mosquito for zika was found in December of 2015, is now in every town and municipality of the Island, pregnant women that have the virus so far has not born children with brain issues, and so far only one death related to zika happen.

What that tells you.

A vaccine for what, so far is not vaccine for any of the many mosquito diseases related to zika, like dengue, west nile virus and chikungunya.

Here in the US the big pharma just wants tax dollars as usual.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well, if there is a Zika case in Florida, unrelated to travel, doesn't that simply justify carrying on with the Olympics? If it's here, it's here.

Not that I agree. It's a total cluster# and cesspool down there. But maybe, possibly, this story is conveniently out now in an effort to move forward to Brazil? I mean this is a CT site, ya know?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

This isn't difficult to anticipate. So why aren't our leaders and the CDC anticipating it?

The best I can hope at this point is that they know they'll have a vaccine at the ready soon, so they don't think they're really putting anyone in danger...

Not saying I agree! I can think of much worse scenarios as well though.

I think I've heard that some athletes have pulled out because of the virus -- one in particular who was hoping to get pregnant soon. Maybe enough athletes will pull out of their own choice that the USA will have to pull out altogether.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
Questions to ask:

Which company(ies) are developing a vaccine?
Who does(do) that(those) company(ies) donate to?
Who added the provisions to the bill which were unrelated?
Is there any overlap between the above?

Answers to those questions might give an indication as to why things are being handled the way they are.

I have always found that big businesses donate to both parties...hence my opinion that the two parties work together and lie to the public about party division.

The party divide is just theatre for the public.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Well, if there is a Zika case in Florida, unrelated to travel, doesn't that simply justify carrying on with the Olympics? If it's here, it's here.

It's probably here, but i am talking about the scope of the problem.

After the Olympics, it will be far more widespread than just the border states. That means $1.9 billion turns into several billion in funding.

Congress knows this.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I would be worry if I was a women of childbearing years, down in Brazil or any other country in south America that for some reason are having more incidents of any other places like the Caribbean from children born with brain issues, but for what I have research this problems is not uncommon in South America with zika or not.

Now Another issue that is plaguing Brazil and specially the areas where the games will be played is the lax laws and rules regarding pollution and water poisoning.

That should be the biggest worry no zika.

Until recently the water of bodies that are to be holding some of the games were no meeting the safety standards of many countries including the US.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

No...I have no desire to start a thread on a topic I know nothing about, but thanks for the suggestion. I've never heard of this before...thought maybe it was another street drug or something.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The party divide is just theatre for the public.

You won't get much argument from me on this. It's generally the bureaucracy versus the population. And true that big business donates to both parties, though there is often times a pronounced favorite between one or the other in those donations.

Which ever position is most beneficial to the corporations and owners of those corporations is that which will be put forth.

There are a few in the halls of power who do still have integrity, though those numbers are far too small at present for there to be much hope for those of us affected by such activity.

There also may be other goals than simple profit involved as well that should be taken in to consideration. What other agendas are advanced by this maneuvering?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

The best I can hope at this point is that they know they'll have a vaccine at the ready soon, so they don't think they're really putting anyone in danger...

I am confident that they wouldn't create a problem they could not control. I think the vaccine is all ready to be rolled out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join