It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS release their own gold currency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Hi

Not sure if this is the right place to post, please move if it's not.

Just came across this article which reports that ISIS have released their own currency which is made of gold.

The images surfaced just days after reports said ISIS started issuing the currency—the “Golden Dinar”—in areas the terror group controls. According to the unconfirmed reports, the coins began circulating in the Syrian city of Dir e-Zour and the Iraqi city of Mosul, and ISIS has asked traders to buy oil using the currency.

Although it's unconfirmed reports, I'm still very confused. We all know that Ghaddafi had made plans to release the gold dinar as a currency to sell his oil, I've read Saddam wanted the same thing too but I can't remember the details on that. So why have ISIS been allowed to do it? Why did we full on destabilise and attack Libya and Iraq yet have seemingly done nothing to ISIS controlled areas? Airstrikes are only killing civilians and maybe displacing ISIS troops but we all know it's not very effective.

My theory is that there's a lot of backhand deals going on here with the US, Saudi and 'ISIS'. They've put in their own gold currency that is 'easily controlled' by all parties, instead of having Ghaddafi and other nations in control of it. TPTB have seen the true outcome and potential this has because gold will outlive the dollar as it's more valuable.

It's just completely crazy to me, can I get some second opinions on this?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: conz1992

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Now to find terrorists all we have to do is find those whose pockets are full of Golden Dinars.

Stupid ISIS probably didn't even realise that.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Well, something like that was reported back in 2014 (source 1, source 2).

And in 2015 we even heard about raiding on a small mint, which was making ISIS currency in (surprise) Turkey (source 1, source 2, source 3).

Apparently it's a stillborn idea (and it's a typical propaganda stunt for sure) simply because nobody is going to use ISIS dinars. They can be of interest only to numismatists, IMO.
edit on 21-7-2016 by JedemDasSeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Do you remember the last time someone wanted to use the gold dinar?
Didn't end well for them..

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
you pointed out that both Ghaddafi and Saddam had aspirations to sell oil in gold dinars...

well, in my worldview those coins would be Non Sharia monies that merely praised Ghaddafi or Saddam personally...
the coinage of the IS (Islamic State) Caliphate is good-money or Sharia compliant and supports Islam

instead
of a Strong-man leader like Ghaddafi or Saddam Hussein (who thought he was the reincarnation of an ancient Babylon historical figure...both those super Ego dictators thought they were greater than Islam...

that's why a Caliphate Gold Dinar is accepted by the globalist puppet masters, because the fascist Islamic system will enjoy a high position in the NWO hierarchy (beast system) across the globe

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

this will hardly work long term

i wonder how dissapointed they will be when they take off the golden cover and find chocolate in the middle

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Over a long enough time line under the Federal Reserve & Federal Government dominated by the PC Party, ISIS with their gold standard might just become appealing... even to a libertarian...
edit on 21-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The US government aided heavily in what ISIS has become. I strongly doubt that same faction has been abandoned by a bankrupt US government struggling to maintain its superior status.

The same government who allowed gold to now be the new color to our flag, with golden fringe and fobs.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Meh, I would have been more impressed if it were made with the bones of infidels.

Edit: of course I get an arab dating site ad right after I posted this.
edit on 21-7-2016 by Autorico because: added stuffs

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The Golden Dinar is what got Gaddafi removed.

Interesting.

Shows how desperate they are though.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

The Golden Dinar is what got Gaddafi removed.

Interesting.

Shows how desperate they are though.

~Tenth

are you saying that ISIS is in a desperate situation by issuing Gold Minted Money... ??

that view is directly opposite the real-world ramifications IMHO

If ISIS has the ability to mint Islamic Gold coins... that would indicate that the Caliphate is on the Growth Charts
it seems that only Turkey is purchasing oil from the ISIS oil supply (stolen from occupied Iraq oil fields)
so Turkey will soon be reluctant to spend their Gold Reserves on oil from ISIS...and might even invade and take over the ISIS Caliphate leadership with the much stronger Erdogan led Neo-Ottoman Sunni Jihad Caliphate

In any case, a ISIS-Islamic Gold Dinar is a sign of stability & a feather-in-the-Islamic State headscarf...
I wonder what the premium will be on a Levant circulated Gold Dinar created by Obama's 'JV Team'
which is NOT an existential threat to the USA (again to paraphrase Obama the Muslim president

new topics

top topics

join