It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hau to Stop the Flu

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is a great thread from a conspiracy perspective too. In fact, if there is to be usage of bio-weapons, these little tips could well save thousands of lives.

-- Wear a facemask when you, or those around you, are sick. Yes, you may look like Jacko and you may get some snickers, but today's citizen is more aware of those little germlets and your asttempts to protect them WILL BE APPRECIATED. No, I do not practice this day-to-day, but the minute there is a bird-flu breakout in the US, my mask is ready. Specifically you want a NIOSH-approved N95 particulate mask. Heck, buy a box of twenty and be the hero of your block.

-- Carry a handkerchief. If you have to sneeze/cough outright, you will deftly go into your purse/pocket and bring out that fresh clean hanky. By expactorating into the HANKY, you will prevent many thousands of germlets from reaching your neighbor's breathing tracts. Again, they will appreciate it.

-- Do not offer your hand for a shake unless the other guy/gal demands it. Even the excuse, "Oh, I'm sick. You don't want to touch me." will usually allow a shake-avoidance without any odd feelings. If forced to shake, sanitize. Carry a little thing of the aformentioned alcohol germ killing stuff and use it often.

I believe it is only a matter of time before one human actually SUES another human for coughing or sneezing in their vicinity. Isn't this obvious? The person who has the flu (which may be deadly for me to catch) is rudely hacking his germlets into the air. Don't I have a case against him?

Heck, if weaponized smallpox is used anywhere on earth, watch for people to start beating their fellowman to death if he does not cover his mouth while coughing.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I don't think it will do much good unless we use a mask because airborne germs just suck into our lungs so easily..

I have my own little "cure"

Everytime I feel like I am going to get a "cold", with the first tickle in the back of the throat, I rub eucalyptus oil onto the bottom of my feet... believe it or not, no sore throat at all ever. I still get the nosy chesty thing but only mildly and never that horrid sore throat.

Works wonders.

<< 1   >>

join