It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Booed After Failing to Endorse Trump: ‘Vote Your Conscience’

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This is a man whose arrogance and ego know no bounds.
This is a man who loves himself and his political career so much more than his country.
Good riddance.

Quite a scathing editorial!

It is ironic Cruz and Trump hate each other so much as they are exactly the same kind of people. That above is how both of them are thought of. Of course, as most Republicans have made clear the best way to save your political career is to stay far away from Trump.

The problem for Cruz is he only polls slightly better than Trump against Clinton. So in 2020 she would love to have him up to bat. It is funny that the GOP had only Candidates that polled as losing to Clinton from day 1. And those two ended up in first and second place. That was the a good sign out of touch the GOP is with the rest of America.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

Why should Cruz specifically endorse Trump?

Simple question. Simple answer.

Because all the Republican presidential candidates were asked and questioned on whether or not they would promise to support the party's nominee. They all agreed, even Ted Cruz. "Word is bond"!

They thought they concocted a big "gotcha" problem for Trump, who was hemming and hawing, threatening to go 3rd party rogue if they didn't start treating him fairly. But Trump finally also committed to the promise to support the party's nominee.

Now it's time for the chickens to come home, for everyone to make good on their promises, or be guilty of lying to the Republican party and the American people.

"Word is bond"! Ted Cruz is a big fat liar! He should have stood by the conviction of the consciousness in the first place.

Interestingly, tonight's theme is 'Make America ONE Again'. Expect Kasich to show up.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

So... freedom of speech stops at the door of the RNC.

Got it.

My take? Ted can say whatever he wants, especially if he was given the lectern to voice his opinion. Obviously it was quite a shock to many. How dare he have an opinion contrary to Donald Trump!!!

LOL

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I love it! Whether or not Trump is the outsider and anti-establishment person he claims to be, at least we get to watch a larger scaled awakening within the public.

The rise of Trump shows that the American spirit is still here, and that the people are willing to stand up and fight back against the tyranny of the far left that would destroy everything that the American spirit stands for.

The massive support for Trump, and the misguided but also significant support for Bernie shows a lot. I still have hope for this country.

All we need to do is fight back against the propaganda machines infecting this country and we may just have a shot at liberation.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad

It is ironic Cruz and Trump hate each other so much as they are exactly the same kind of people. That above is how both of them are thought of.

You mean by those that don't support them...
edit on 21/7/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Some web denizens are trying to use the fact that Cruz rode to the Dallas LEO memorial on Air Force One with Obama, that he cut a deal to screw Trump at the GOP convention. The pay off being that he will be nominated for Supreme Court.

People are idiots. Sorry internet. UR wrong.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
republicans sucks. they cant even take ted's sportsman spirit into account. shame on u republicans.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i agree boss a reply to: masqua

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Where was any freedom of speech violated?

Cruz and the Crowd got it all.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Winstonian

All we need to do is fight back against the propaganda machines infecting this country and we may just have a shot at liberation.

And it's fighting back by voting for Trump? And he's going to Liberate us?

wtf are you talking about? This is an oligarchy, ruled by corporations and banks. Trump is their B-t--.. He won't do squat!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

It is ironic Cruz and Trump hate each other so much as they are exactly the same kind of people. That above is how both of them are thought of.

You mean by those that don't support them...

You are correct I am in the majority in that regard. However, I am speaking of how they both are ego maniacs who care only for themselves. And that they both poll as heavily disliked. And that they were the only two that polled as losing to Clinton from day 1. The pretty much are the same loud, nonsense spewing, bigoted, vain person.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare
Some web denizens are trying to use the fact that Cruz rode to the Dallas LEO memorial on Air Force One with Obama, that he cut a deal to screw Trump at the GOP convention. The pay off being that he will be nominated for Supreme Court.

People are idiots. Sorry internet. UR wrong.

People seem to think Presidents just appoint people and poof it happens. They seem to forget that the Senate has approve and that means the only way somebody gets through is with impeachable judicial credentials that keep them from being attacked in any legit way.

Although I am sure the DNC is would be happy with either Trump or Cruz as the head of the GOP because those are two people they know they can beat.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Not a fan..in fact I really hate Cruz. But doubtful any man could support someone that went after your wife or family. Cruz is basically done but he gave a halfway decent talk. I agreed with him asking people to still go out and vote for other republicans in other offices and not just stay home because of Trump.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

It is ironic Cruz and Trump hate each other so much as they are exactly the same kind of people. That above is how both of them are thought of. Of course, as most Republicans have made clear the best way to save your political career is to stay far away from Trump.

The problem for Cruz is he only polls slightly better than Trump against Clinton. So in 2020 she would love to have him up to bat. It is funny that the GOP had only Candidates that polled as losing to Clinton from day 1. And those two ended up in first and second place. That was the a good sign out of touch the GOP is with the rest of America.

unfortunately I think many politicians are like this.

This is a great wake up call for everyone though.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: defiythelie

Because he will have congress beating the sh1it out of him if he holds office...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Trump has absolutely ripped Ted Cruz and said he won't even accept his endorsement...
He's opened up the whole Heidi thing again.
WOW

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   
OMG he is bringing up Lee Harvey Oswald again!.

Holy #.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I believe this HAS to be calculated to counter Hillary's VP pick....
It can not just be random as there is no other upside to stoking the Cruz war.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Trump reviewed ted speech before he went on stage. He knew what he was going to do. I would had done the same thing. Sure go ahead and commit political suicide. No wonder no one in the senate cares about you.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Nice work Ted Cruz!

Hillary Clinton just thanked Ted Cruz during her speech announcing her VP.
I guess that shows he got what he wanted.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join