It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Time Do You Go to Work?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
0600-0900 and 1400-2200 usually 6 days a week.. I have a few days soon that I put in for..
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

This is my life!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I didn't think we were supposed to use four letter words here. Job is a three letter word, also the word work means you are actually doing something.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Flyingclaydisk

Just started a new job tonight. Making ends meet washing dishes. 4-11 pm every night but Monday and Tuesday. Big fun.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
11 a.m. until I'm done. Some days are early and some are late.
I am a night owl.
Some days I hit my schedule with no more than a couple hours of sleep.
I am a machine. Two gears.
Go and neutral.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Up around 0530, start at 0800, 30 minute lunch, and done at 16:15 (all local, never really take a full lunch). Usually make about 22:00 every night of the week at best. Freaks the group out when I make 04:00 and am still raging on the weekend (old school TEOT)!

Great topic btw.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'm on the road by 9 A.M., there by 9:30, open by 11.
Mondays, open to close @7. Thurs. - Sat, open - 4.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I used to work 6:50 a.m. to 4 p.m. 5 to 6 days a week. Waking up at 4 am to leave by 4:30 am due to a 70 mile commute and then a half hour ride on the light rail. On top of going to school 12 credit hours a semester at a teen age. Real work too - commercial electrical construction.

Then i stayed up past 2 am one night before work finishing homework and fell asleep on the way home from work cruising at 80 mph down a highway. (i think? There was also a vehicle recall and i have no memory of the day.) Very grateful it was only myself injured.

Now i am partially disabled and only focusing on school to find a new career hopefully. Shooting for IT now. I also trade crypto. Fun fun.
edit on 21-7-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
When I worked at a hotel, I'd get in around 9am for housekeeping. I'd have between 30 and 45 to catch up on leftover overnight laundry and restock the carts. I got started on rooms at 10am check-out, roughly. Clock-out depended on how packed the place was, anywhere between 3 and 6pm.
When I was doing front desk work, it was overnights, and usually varied from between 8pm & 10pm to 4am.

Pales in comparison to my husband's current job at a manufacturing plant, though. He leaves home around 4pm, and gets in around 30 minutes later. The place has a good reputation for having a great work relationship between people, everyone tends to go in a bit earlier than needed to hang out before the shift. Between 5 & 5:30 is usually a cross-shift staff meeting to keep the next shift apprised of current runs, totals, etc and so forth. They usually hit the production floor around 6.
He doesn't get off work until 6am, and gets home around 6:30am. He's stayed until 7 a few times for extended cross-shift meetings here & there. The work weeks there are staggered, 4 days one, 3 the next for work/home balance, as best possible. But very few people turn down extra OT when they give it!
He's joked that he's going to work there until he keels over from old age. Hey, it's possible. My maternal grandfather did exactly that, literally just dropped & died on his factory's production floor well into his golden years.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I wake at 5.45am, start at 7.30am and finish at any time between 1pm and 7am, depending on workload.

I work for an older tradesman who appears to be winding down his load somewhat.

I guess I'm lucky in that sense. He likes an early day recently.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

Geez, you get to sleep in!

Already got the cows and horses fed and watered, calves all counted...and left for my 'day job' by then.

BTW...0140L here, just got up. COFFEE....where's the COFFEE!!

Time to saddle up!

edit on 7/21/2016 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Akragon

"Eight and skate"...must be nice!

What do you do?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Run cows on our ranch and work as an engineer in aviation.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

awesome!

And that takes 16 hours a day?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

16 hours...and then some!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Husband is salary. It's supposed to be a standard 8/day for 5 days, but it ends up being show up between 7:30 and 8:00 and stay until the last "fire" is out which means more like 9 or 10 hours every day.

Anyone who says that desk jockeys don't work knows nothing about anything.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Subway at 06:00
Start to work 07:00
Quit at 15:20

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Today i decided to work from home. Mostly because the office, despite being quite quiet in general, is too disruptive for me to get anything done. And partly because I have no patience for anyone's nonsense today.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I start at 8 and finish at 8, dayshifts/night shifts.
In winter it's dark when I leave and dark when I get home and if I'm on days I aim for a midnight bedtime. I get well rewarded so I don't complain and I do actually love my job.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonofaSkunk
Work??? What is this "work" you speak of?

Are they the people making all the noise in the morning banging doors when i am trying to get to sleep after a hard night surfing the net .

Noisey basketss

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join