It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Interns Respond To Paul Ryan With Their Own Selfi

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: reldra

Not racism. You can try to turn it backwards and upside down as much as you want. But it;s not.

The response of the dems was to demonize the whiteness of the republican party.

Even alluded to it in the caption of the image and the news stories surrounding it.

It's racist.

EDIT:

You even said it yourself "SEA of white".

You know what this image is about as much as the dems do and you're denying it. Which means you're both a liar and a racist.

I gave an accurate description. I am neither a liar nor a racist. But thanks for the personal attack.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: odzeandennz

True.

Even with all my awesome qualifications left would never hire me.

I am the wrong color.

The wrong gender.

The wrong sexual preference

And the wrong political ideology.

Yes people the democrats are the party of 'diversity'.

Half of the people in the Dem pic were white. I dont know what color you are though, actually.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'll just leave it at this-

... they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors

... they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

I should hope so.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

You made your own bed with your racist comments and then lying about the intent of the photo.

It's not an attack if it's accurate.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

You made your own bed with your racist comments and then lying about the intent of the photo.

It's not an attack if it's accurate.

I didn't make racist comments and I have not lied.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I should hope so.

Yet, you and the OP are judging the Ryan interns and the pic on no other merits but the color of their skin rather than the content of their character.

Check. And mate.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

why when there is an absence of something in you mind does it have to be racism or diversity or whatever? Maybe their weren't any qualifies AAs? Or maybe none applied?

No qualified republican interns that were balck ( or maybe just the one that may be way in the back?) that defies logic.

I definately have to agree with Reldra on this one, there are absolutely no 'balck' people anywhere in that photo.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Racist comment:
"Oh, my. The Ryan pic as a SEA of white. I can SEE why this is not diversity lol "

-reldra

Now for the lies:

"Not racism. You can try to turn it backwards and upside down as much as you want. But it;s not."

-reldra

Here's a twofer:

"I didn't make racist comments and I have not lied."

I have just clearly demonstrated that you have done both.

*mic drop*

I'm out.

edit on 20 7 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I should hope so.

Yet, you and the OP are judging the Ryan interns and the pic on no other merits but the color of their skin rather than the content of their character.

Check. And mate.

I don;t think you play chess.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Racist comment:
"Oh, my. The Ryan pic as a SEA of white. I can SEE why this is not diversity lol "

-reldra

Now for the lies:

"Not racism. You can try to turn it backwards and upside down as much as you want. But it;s not."

-reldra

Here's a twofer:

"I didn't make racist comments and I have not lied."

I have just clearly demonstrated that you have done both.

*mic drop*

I'm out.

That was a pun, but still an accurate description. I have never, ever been a racist. I do not generally lie and certainly not about this. I was using my eyes and what the OP showed.

memes and 'mic dropping' and 'check mates' are really not accomplishing anything.
edit on 20-7-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I should hope so.

Check. And mate.

And yet, another poster judged, speculated, blew hot air, as to what their qualifications may be.....some of you folks are un-REAL!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

That is a fairly accurate, though uses hyperbole.

The point is, race is being used as a means to discredit people. It's antithetical to civil and human rights, no matter what the color.

I normally follow your logic. But in this case it is two very obvious photos. I understand the 'reply' photo had a message to convey, but the message was accurate.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   

a reply to: shredderofsouls

Oh, my. The Ryan pic as a SEA of white. I can SEE why this is not diversity lol

Is your definition of diversity limited to skin color? What's wrong with a bunch of light skinned people anyway?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

a reply to: shredderofsouls

Oh, my. The Ryan pic as a SEA of white. I can SEE why this is not diversity lol

Is your definition of diversity limited to skin color? What's wrong with a bunch of light skinned people anyway?

Nope and nothing. I just happen to agree with what the reply photo was trying to convey.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I just happen to agree with what the reply photo was trying to convey.

That whiteness is bad...

We get it.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

Yup pawns being used by the left, it's sad.

I am not following you. Paul Ryan presented a photo of Republican interns. Democratic interns reliped with their own photo. The op asked that comments or a conclusion be made.

Well, the left sort of fear mongers about the other side and brainwashes them to be constantly paranoid of white/Republican people. Not to mention that black people who do think for themselves are demonized and attacked by the likes of you.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I just happen to agree with what the reply photo was trying to convey.

That whiteness is bad...

We get it.

That was not the point of the reply photo. Now you are being purposefully obtuse.

The interns on Capitol Hill for the Democratic party were pointing out that THEIR group was diverse whereas the same Capitol Hill group for Republicans is not. Also, it was a hit at the Republicans saying they are diverse and inclusive. It was a narrow look at 2 sets of interns in one place.

It was a politial statement.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   

That whiteness is bad...

We get it.

No one said whiteness is bad, so stop playing the victim, seem to be a lot of you in this thread. LOL

The picture was meant to show the lack of diversity in the republican interns and yes they do have one token minority in that photo.

Also notice that some have said the reason for the diversity in the democratic pic is due to affirmative action and not because of qualifications and that is racist.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

Well, the left sort of fear mongers about the other side and brainwashes them to be constantly paranoid of white/Republican people. Not to mention that black people who do think for themselves are demonized and attacked by the likes of you.

I am pretty sure you are playing the victim here, no one is saying bad white people but look at the lack of diversity in the pic and then tell us again how the GOP is there for minorities too when they can't even be bothered to hire a few.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join