It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Interns Respond To Paul Ryan With Their Own Selfi

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
"Hey Republicans interns! You're too light-skinned! You didn't even have the racist audacity to put all the dark-skinned people near the front!"

Look at the blatant racism of the article:

In the face of the blinding whiteness of Speaker of the House Paul Ryan's selfie with a crop of Capitol Hill interns, a group of Democratic interns stopped shielding their eyes long enough to take their own photos. And well, they pretty much speak for themselves.

That is a fairly accurate, though uses hyperbole.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You're being purposefully obtuse.

The whole point of the picture taken by the democrats was to demonize whiteness and race bait.

I can't believe you don't understand why that would be seen as racist by some.

link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

True.

Even with all my awesome qualifications left would never hire me.

I am the wrong color.

The wrong gender.

The wrong sexual preference

And the wrong political ideology.

Yes people the democrats are the party of 'diversity'.

link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: reldra

As a hispanic man I find this retort to the image of Ryan and the republican interns to be racist AND an attempt to race smear a whole group of people for being the wrong skin color(white in this case).

This is some seriously racist #. It is deeply offensive and I'm not surprised no one is calling this out as the bull# it so obviously is.

Nope.

Now who's denying racism exists.

Especially after your "SEA of white" comment.

You're unbelievable.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

The point is, race is being used as a means to discredit people. It's antithetical to civil and human rights, no matter what the color.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

It's simple math. In general some races have significantly higher college graduation rates then other races. Combined with overall population. It puts the average makeup at something like 15:1 and that's assuming every job has the same amount of attention from all parties.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

It's simple math. In general some races have significantly higher college graduation rates then other races. Combined with overall population. It puts the average makeup at something like 15:1 and that's assuming every job has the same amount of attention from all parties.

Ya, 15:1 is not the ratio in the Ryan pic, not even close. Just a silly comparison.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: reldra

As a hispanic man I find this retort to the image of Ryan and the republican interns to be racist AND an attempt to race smear a whole group of people for being the wrong skin color(white in this case).

This is some seriously racist #. It is deeply offensive and I'm not surprised no one is calling this out as the bull# it so obviously is.

Nope.

Now who's denying racism exists.

Especially after your "SEA of white" comment.

You're unbelievable.

Facebook meme, really?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The point is, race is being used as a means to discredit people. It's antithetical to civil and human rights, no matter what the color.

Nope, again it;s just the pictures and the democratic interns gave their response.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Neither is the DNC pic, but you seem to have no quarrels about that.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy

Neither is the DNC pic, but you seem to have no quarrels about that.

The DNC pic is not what?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
In today's installment of,

How Not to Sound like a Bigoted ------------

We have the following lesson,

This is a racist statement,

How many of those people got their positions based off their talents ?
Not too many is my guess.

Let me explain, you notice first the poster denigrates the abilities of the "people" (gee I wonder which "people" he means?).
Lets assume that since the conversation is about affirmative action he is referring to the minorities.

Notice how without the tiniest gleam of knowledge about anyone in that photo he naturally assumes that the minorities have no talent & are only there because of his preconceived notions of what affirmative action means.

So to be clear the racist attitude is blindly, ignorantly assuming that the minorities are not there because of ability.
That's Racist.

K~

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Nope, again it;s just the pictures and the democratic interns gave their response.

No one here is stupid enough to believe that it's "just pictures" when it comes to what the democrats have done here as a response.

This is racism and race baiting nothing more and nothing less. Did the Republicans take that picture to show off their whiteness? No. Obviously not. That was never the premise of why that picture was taken.

The dems picture was ENTIRELY centered around race.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

No one here is stupid enough to believe that it's "just pictures" when it comes to what the democrats have done here as a response.

This is racism and race baiting nothing more and nothing less. Did the Republicans take that picture to show off their whiteness? No. Obviously not. That was never the premise of why that picture was taken.

The dems picture was ENTIRELY centered around race.

Not racism. You can try to turn it backwards and upside down as much as you want. But it;s not.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Representitive of statistics.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Not racism. You can try to turn it backwards and upside down as much as you want. But it;s not.

The response of the dems was to demonize the whiteness of the republican party.

Even alluded to it in the caption of the image and the news stories surrounding it.

It's racist.

EDIT:

You even said it yourself "SEA of white".

You know what this image is about as much as the dems do and you're denying it. Which means you're both a liar and a racist.
edit on 20 7 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Well, using a group of people as a political tool/pawn based on their race or color is nothing short of racism.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
boy the RNC is really ramping up the momentum this week ! well done !

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

True.

Even with all my awesome qualifications left would never hire me.

I am the wrong color.

The wrong gender.

The wrong sexual preference

And the wrong political ideology.

Yes people the democrats are the party of 'diversity'.

You poor victim!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: shredderofsouls

Sad.

People used to get hired to their positions based on their ability to do the job.

Now?

It's not about qualifications. it's about the color of your skin.

That, in my opinion, is racist.

so the racism is hiring non-whites because obviously whites are more qualified ?

please elaborate, I'm confused

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join