It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service investigating Trump adviser’s call for Hillary to be 'shot for treason'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I think they have to investigate any kind of threat.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

When it comes to talking about killing a politician under the care of the Secret Service no one has free speech. In fact, free speech never covered such things.

I wonder, were these Trump advisors saying this in ear shot of the SS? If so, they're dumb as hell! The SS investigates Facebook posts when anyone calls for elected officials to be killed.

Instead, they should have said Clinon should be tried for Treason.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

So politicians are a protected class of people.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

When it comes to talking about killing a politician under the care of the Secret Service no one has free speech. In fact, free speech never covered such things.

I wonder, were these Trump advisors saying this in ear shot of the SS? If so, they're dumb as hell! The SS investigates Facebook posts when anyone calls for elected officials to be killed.

Instead, they should have said Clinon should be tried for Treason.

Political hyperbole is protected by the first amendment. See Watts v. United States, when someone mentioned getting LBJ in his sights. A true threat needs to have cause to reason there will be immanent lawless threat, meaning the threat lead to lawless action.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Nah, no hanging, no shooting, just strip her of her Foundation money and she will probably commit suicide, once she find herself with no foreign donors money.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Wow.....talk about over reach.

Take a look at the following 2 statements:

"I think So-and-So should be shot for treason!"

That's an opinion......technically it's a person's expression and covered under the 1st amendment.

"I think I'm going to go shoot So-and-So for treason!"

That one is a direct threat, and not covered under the 1st amendment. Shows intent too.

Now what was his statement? Oh that's right, it was like the first one!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Got some petty punk-ass big-time thuggery goin' on!

This not normal talk for American elections. This is normal talk in third world countries. How embarrassing!

Well, Ben, we may be getting close to your warning. “A Republic, if you can keep it.”

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
but if you call to kill a LEO on fb you get arrested. call for *HILLARY* to get shot, there's ambiguity, from oh yes, mostly the same party the call for murder came from.
edit on 20-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Jul 20 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Yeah, Secret Service guys are not known for their sense of humour. I think they have surgically removed. I had to deal with two of 'em when some counterfeit money was being floated a few years back...

No humour. None. Zip.

When it comes to the President, or would-be Presidents? I shudder to guess what that guy is about to receive. Assassination talk isn't the way to get on their good side.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Of course they will.

...and the names go onto a list. When the President, or any one under protection by SS, the advance team has current addresses of anyone who has ever made threats, or vaguely alluded to threatening, towards them. The more plausible the threat, the more likely it is that that someone will have an agent or two watching him when the POTUS comes to town.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Yeah, pretty much. How do you not know this?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Whether they actually put you on trail is a whole other thing. They will investigate you, possibly interview you as they show up to your door with badges. It's what they do.

If you ever find yourself near the Secret Service try and talk about killing a politician and see what happens. They won't ignore you, that's for sure.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
what a clown car this convention is. Total amateur hour

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Trump supporters don't care, they secretly think the same thing.

500,000 more votes for Trump. Hopefully I did that right.

Exactly. Finally a team of people with real Americans on it who aren't afraid to speak the truth of the matter. (Hillary is garbage). Team Trump is taking out the garbage? A risky slogan, but kind of catchy.
edit on 20-7-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It's not just amateurish, it's trashy and insane. But that's the state of the right wing in America today.

They can shoot Hillary after they shoot Bush for all his treasons like giving the Bin Laden family a free ride out of America after 9-11, or lying to everyone about Iraq, or violating just about every consitutional ammendment there is like with his rendition, getting rid of habeus corpus, etc.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

They can shoot Hillary after they shoot Bush for all his treasons like giving the Bin Laden family a free ride out of America after 9-11, or lying to everyone about Iraq, or violating just about every consitutional ammendment there is like with his rendition, getting rid of habeus corpus, etc.

You are just precious.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Assassination talk isn't the way to get on their good side.

For sure.
I have not seen so much anger in this country since the 1960s. Protests, and what some people had to say about anyone who protested for anything! There was anger, but there was peace, love, and a push for inclusiveness, too. Now? The anger seems to not be balanced out by peace and love and inclusiveness. Well, maybe it's just the angry hype of election season, but it still seems more extreme this year.

I shudder to think about your personal encounter with the Secret Service! No, not a good thing.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Swills

So politicians are a protected class of people.

Yes. This particular class of people are politician who are protected by the Secret Service, and like Police Officers, they don't like their chains jerked.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Personally I think she should be legally tried in a proper court of law with a jury of normal average citizens. If she were to be found guilty of treason, unanimously and beyond a reasonable doubt, that would then be a conviction of a capital high crime, but why waste a bullet. They cost money and rope is re-usable. Just being sensible and Eco friendly ;-)

I'd say the same thing about any other politician or government servant. It would have to be legal and follow due process, and treason is a capital crime.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

You are just precious

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

There is no possible way to deny that W Bush was an absolute traitor to America and responsible for destroying not only Iraq but the rest of the middle east as well (and 1000 time more Americans than Hillary).

None of these civil wars and revolutions would have happened if those people hadn't seen us defeat Sadaam.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join