It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Sam's the Man , Allardyce to be confirmed England Manager within 24 Hours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Finally the FA have picked the man many fans including myself have been asking for for years , Allardyce has been overlooked in the past in favour of more glamorous continental or second rate British managers ( looking at you McClaren and Hodgson) , but now has been given his chance to shine.

Sam Allardyce will be named as the new England manager - with confirmation expected in the next 24 hours. Allardyce will leave Sunderland after nine months at the Premier League club.
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 20-7-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Hopefully he does a Better job than hodgson big Sam is good tho he should hav had the job years ago tbh !

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Finally the FA have picked the man many fans including myself have been asking for for years , Allardyce has been overlooked for years in favour of more glamorous continental or second rate British managers ( looking at you McClaren and Hodgson) , but now has been given his chance to shine.

Sam Allardyce will be named as the new England manager - with confirmation expected in the next 24 hours. Allardyce will leave Sunderland after nine months at the Premier League club.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Totally agree, he brings something to teams that gives them a belief and gets them to perform when they have been written off. Of the English managers he's surprising advanced in his methods if all people have heard is the fairly boring long ball moans. I loved his response when Mourinho said his team played 19th century football - "I don't really give a ####".

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
This will be another moyes at United.. Good manager but unproven at the highest level.
I hope he does well because he is a stand up guy but I fear many more years of despair.. Even with our 'gifted' young squad.

Might as well have given Mike basset a call..

My personal choice, which I'm sure will get me some flak would have been hoddle with someone like shearer as assistant.. But purely due to the lack of options at the moment..
Although hoddle does know his stuff and has already managed the team to what was almost a successful run..
edit on 20/7/16 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Nothing unusual, its the FA's way of giving a nice retirement paycheck to someone as at the end of the next competition we'll of sailed and thus want the manager out but never sort out the management that appoints the manager and thus we end up with same old, same old.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Tell me this is a joke.

If it's true then it's a giant step backward. As a Football Club Manager Alladyce has won zero trophies. A big fat nought.
As a player he was average.

This must be a dream.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

My friend was asking who I would have got for England manager when Roy resigned and my 1st answer was Big Sam.
Say what you will about his tactics but he's an excellent man manager who does well wherever he goes.
Only Newcastle was a blip but not many people do well at Newcastle because of everything that surrounds that club.

They need someone who can lift the spirit of the players, the last god knows how many managers didn't have the personality to do that, Big Sam has.
I wish him well but it's an impossible job.
edit on 20-7-2016 by mclarenmp4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The biggest thing to ruin England's chances at every tournament is the media.

As a Scot & a Manchester United fan, I was ready to get behind England at the Euro's but at half time in the Russian game I had changed my mind and wanted you to lose because Ian Wright completely dismissed Russia.
It's the arrogance they always show, as if it was a given that they should beat Russia.
England haven't done anything in football for decades yet your media always dismiss the other team, you seen it with Iceland. I think at the time Iceland were ranked 13th in the world. Complete and utter arrogance.

They heap on the pressure on the players, who haven't achieved anything in world football, yet expect them to at least get to the semi finals every tournament. I think if the media didn't get all bombastic and over the top, it wouldn't pile on the pressure quite as much.

Then when they get back their all called a bunch of losers are booed by their own fans, it's little wonder the confidence and pride for playing for England has gone in the last decade. Why should the players bother, they just end up coming back to abuse.

It's one of the reasons I'm a proud Manchester United supporter because nearly every tournament, one of our players has been subjected to abuse by the english media and fans. Beckham, Rooney, Ronaldo have all been subject to abuse over the years and we've always stuck behind them.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Only Newcastle was a blip but not many people do well at Newcastle because of everything that surrounds that club.

Mainly Ashley, however i have to give him the benefit for retaining Raffa and changing the management style, i.e the manager is the manager. I can see good things ahead for this coming season.

On topic, i would have chosen Bruce
edit on 2016-07-20T15:18:24-05:002016Wed, 20 Jul 2016 15:18:24 -0500bWednesday1807America/Chicago163 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: corblimeyguvnor

Mainly Ashley but the over the top expectation of fans also contribute to the instability of the club.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mclarenmp4

Why should the players bother,

Because that's what being a " Professional Player " is all about.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

See it's that mentality they are up against and why you will never win anything.
They get paid therefor they should care is so wrong when it comes to international football.

There should be pride playing for your country. I'm Scottish and we support our team regardless of the result because we are proud of our country and our team even though we lack quality, it can never be said that our team do not to give it their all.

You'll never hear Scottish fans booing their team off the field, it's counter productive.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   

If the team performs well below the standard you know they're capable of then I think it's justified but much of the time our downfal is due to managerial decisions , some of Hodgson's were downright confusing.

Players today are overpaid and pampered , the glory days are over.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

The glory days were never there in the 1st place, winning 1 tournament 60 years ago when it was hosted in the same country can not be construed as glory days.

If they are all overpaid & pampered then why don't we see the same situation in France, Germany, Brazil etc.. they would all be in the same boat but they are not because their fans support them through good and bad.

As I said it's the mentality the English supporters and media have towards the players that will get you nowhere quick.

And I can't agree with booing in any situation, your meant to be a supporter there's a reason it's called that.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Hallelujah!

Like you say, overlooked for so long. It might actually be too late now.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

The glory days were never there in the 1st place, winning 1 tournament 60 years ago when it was hosted in the same country can not be construed as glory days.

It isn't about winning it's about playing with pride , for me the glory days were in the 90s when we had leaders like Sheringham and Pearce , a midfield full of talent and a defence to be proud of , our teams today have none of that.

I hope Allardyce can bring some passion back to the team , he can be our new El Tel.
Time will tell.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Harry Redknapp's the man. Shame he has so many black marks against his name.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Until the players stop putting money and celebrity before the game, we'll never have a good team. They have no incentive to play well, no matter who is in charge.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   
It's official , Sam Allardyce has been named as the new England manager by the Football Association.

top topics

join