It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My neighor is trying to steal my cats. Any Help?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Long story long...

A few years ago a neighbor committed suicide and I adopted her cats and now another neighbor is trying to lure them away with food and the way he goes about is downright creepy. He started by leaving food on a bench in the courtyard downstairs, then moved the food to the bottom of his stairs, then moved the food to the top of the stairs. I have told him twice not to feed them (as any pet owner knows you don't feed another's pet without permission) but he still persists. I now have locked my cats inside unless they need to do the deed.

The only solution i can think of is this guy needs a visit from the tooth fairy (if you catch my drift) but that would land me in trouble. I adore these cats and this Richard Cranium keeps trying to lure them away. Any ideas on how to counteract this guys creepish attempts of getting a pet of his own?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

What is the situation with your cats' access to the house? Do they have a "cat door"?

Can you set up any sort of surveillance on your property to catch him in the act if he tries to catnap?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Unless you can prove criminal behavior, you may have to keep the cats inside, all the time. My cats never go outside.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Perhaps you could try to be strategic and proactive and look up "free kittens" on craigslist and give him a printout, encouraging him to "find his own pussy, and lay off!" lol

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yeah but why would they want to ever leave your spot? You're probably bumping some great tunes by Madonna that keeps them entertained all day long

edit on 20-7-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Cats choose their owners. If they're well fed, food won't change a thing. Maybe he's lonely, and just wants visitors. I have 2 cats, well fed and happy, that like to bask in the sun and chase lizards.

I have a neighbor that leaves food in traps to catch feral cats, good stuff too, cans of tuna, fresh roasted chicken. My cats aren't interested in his trap food, thank goodness!

edit on 20-7-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I believe baiting animals is illegal within the city limits.

If he keeps it up call animal control and complain. They'll visit and talk to him. If you can, get him on camera.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Keep them inside. It's dangerous in the big world. Cars, coyotes, slug bait, rat poison, and vindictive neighbors are all over the place. I finally wised up when my last cat was killed by a speeding car. And it can get worse.

We had a black cat nosing around about a year ago. It was pretty scrawny, so my wife befriended it, caught it, and we took it to the vet. Turns out he was "chipped" and the owner was contacted. He very gratefully came and picked up the cat, whose name is "Spook."

Spook had been living in the woods for nearly a year, and through a winter. He had disappeared when he escaped the house, but the thing is, we live on an island about 20 miles south of where spook lived on the mainland. There's a very busy bridge that Spook could not have traversed, and the water is too cold to survive. He didn't swim either.

He was dumped. A neighbor who did not like cats apparently captured Spook, drove to the island, and threw the cat in the woods.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: reldra

Yeah but why would they want to ever leave your spot? You're probably bumping some great tunes by Madonna that keeps them entertained all day long

Well, of course.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I know one guy who can help you:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I'm just spitballin' here, but I think this one has some potential:

Maybe you can drop some of your strict discipline in the house and let the cats have a little fun, get 'em hyped up on Catnip.

Next time he sees your cats, they are tripping out. He thinks they are "bad, druggy cats" and loses interest.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

My neighor is trying to steal my cats

The only solution i can think of is this guy needs a visit from the tooth fairy (if you catch my drift)

sounds like your both gotts the brain parasite... does Obamacare cover it?

Parasite that breeds in cats 'could affect human behaviour

Some studies have linked the Toxoplasma parasite found in cats with psychotic disturbances

Parasite compels humans to take care of cats

it starts controlling their behavior in order to bring them back in contact with cats.

cat parasite linked to angry outbursts in humans

a psychiatric disorder characterized by recurrent, impulsive, problematic outbursts of verbal or physical aggression that are disproportionate to the situations that trigger them

Is your cat altering your BRAIN

when infected, humans are more likely to investigate the smell of cat urine,

edit on 20-7-2016 by Tellurian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Are you neighbors with butcherguy?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You do know that cats taste just like chicken, just saying

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I'd say get 'em chipped this way you have proof of ownership. Then, if he lures them inside it's time to call the police.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
Long story long...

A few years ago a neighbor committed suicide and I adopted her cats and now another neighbor is trying to lure them away with food and the way he goes about is downright creepy. He started by leaving food on a bench in the courtyard downstairs, then moved the food to the bottom of his stairs, then moved the food to the top of the stairs. I have told him twice not to feed them (as any pet owner knows you don't feed another's pet without permission) but he still persists. I now have locked my cats inside unless they need to do the deed.

The only solution i can think of is this guy needs a visit from the tooth fairy (if you catch my drift) but that would land me in trouble. I adore these cats and this Richard Cranium keeps trying to lure them away. Any ideas on how to counteract this guys creepish attempts of getting a pet of his own?
Just go over there and tell him to stop feeding your cats, and if he says no smile, wink and walk away.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I'd say get 'em chipped this way you have proof of ownership. Then, if he lures them inside it's time to call the police.

This was going to be my exact solution.

As to him feeding your cats, go over there and dump the food in his gutters where it will fill them up and cause him distress in the future.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I have photographic evidence for this luring-Why leave a bowl of cat food out when you don't own any cats?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I'm with FamCore.
Either give him a paper with free kittens advertised, or just show up with one for him.

He does sound lonely.

But.. are you sure there is nothing "wrong" with the food? Have your cats eaten it, and been ok? I would be worried about that.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Get them microchips....
Then it will be on file at the vet, that the cats are yours. So if they are taken, then the cops will see the truth..😐
Sorry for your situation. 😔

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join