It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Invites Mother Of Michael Brown and others to speak at DNC

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: neo96

Yes, Neo. You are missing the point. The point is to have a discussion in which we discuss why people are shooting others.

Is that simple enough for you?

RIGHTS are not up for discussion.

Oh, I get it Neo.

While I'm trying to convey the idea that reasonable adults need to sit down and discuss violence in the context of police interactions and within the community itself, you are over in the corner screaming "shall not infringe" like a nutter.

That is not what this is about.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

While i agree with you agreeing with me...it sure doesnt seem like this convention is an honest approach to this issue but pandering and looking to point the blame without examining all the factors. Seems like a one sided approach.

Imagine if we made all public policy based on only looking at one side, unobjectively, without talking to others involved or observing?

It would be like writing a history book on ww2 by only interviewing one factor involved and then trying to make that opinion the truth. God forbid the guy writting the book (to take the argument to a concrete extreme for demonstration purposes) only interviewed SS Nazies and then tried to say their version of history was the truth and that those apposed to their zeitgeist were the problem that caused ww2. then to take it one step further imagine the author of said history book held strong political power and then actually tried to pass laws based on "their truth?"

isnt that what countries like north korea try to do? Isnt that fascisim? Seems mighty similar to the one sided dialog and approach this convention is doing.

So tl:dr you right. We do need a wider representation that whats currently iffered wt that convention to get any truth out of it.
edit on 21-7-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

While i agree with you agreeing with me...it sure doesnt seem like this convention is an honest approach to this issue but pandering and looking to point the blame without examining all the factors

We have not heard them speak yet. They have not blamed anyone yet.

Imagine if we made all public policy based on only looking at one side, unobjectively, without talking to others involved or observing?

That is not how our processes work. So there is no need to imagine that.

isnt that what countries like north korea try to do? Isnt that fascisim? Seems mighty similar to the one sided dialog and approach this convention is doing

I cannot comment on hyperbole effectively. Again, they have yet to say anything on the issue so it's very hard, and illogical, to make any comparison at this point.

So tl:dr you right. We do need a wider representation that whats currently iffered wt that convention to get any truth out of it.

Not necessarily.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Nope your right i guess only listening to one highly emotionally polarized representative of a convoluted multi variable problem will reveal the truth in it.

Sure it will if youre not looking for the truth and a solution just acting like a megaphone for that one representing groups opinion whether well researchrd, thought out or even valid or not.
edit on 21-7-2016 by BASSPLYR because: To make it more readable grammatically

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
OH my poor boy MIchael!! He was so innocent and sweet. Nevermind he didnt actually have his hands up. SO what he reached for the officers gun. he was trying to help the officer from hurting himself. Oh my darling boy. he even helped his community by Taking stuff from a store earlier without paying for it to give to poor children.

Yeah even hitlers mother would had called him a angel. Mothers are biased and not objectionable.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

So, then there's this.

Even if they publicly stated that slavery was wrong, Democrats consistently worked against abolition and emancipation, often by compromising: abolitionists get a free state, slavers get a slave state. In this way, Democrats could publicly side against slavery, while obtaining the support of wealthy slave owners. Does this tactic seem familiar, on other issues? No slaver ever supported a Republican; they meant what they said and did what they meant, and it started a war.

But that was yesterday's Democratic Party! Guess again. After the Civil War, Democrats implemented new strategies to re-enslave or oppress African Americans. They introduced things like Jim Crow laws. President Woodrow Wilson (D) segregated the Army and Federal government. They were integrated by Republicans before him, and again by Republicans after Roosevelt. President Roosevelt appointed a leader of the Ku Klux Klan to the Supreme Court, and another KKK leader, Robert Byrd, was a prominent Democratic Senator for decades. Republicans had tried to pass the Civil Rights and Voting Rights Acts since the mid-50's, but Democrats blocked them, until President Johnson (D) gutted the Acts and passed them as part of a scheme to pacify blacks and snare their votes.

Presidents Roosevelt and Johnson passed public assistance, known as the War on Poverty, and heavily promoted it among African American neighborhoods. For many African American communities, it might be better termed the War on Prosperity. When real African American leaders like Bobby Gore rose up to free blacks from their new masters, Democrats like Mayor Richard J. Daley were more than happy to pound them back down. The Democratic Party has employed a new generation of house slaves, called community organizers, to convince African Americans that all of their woes are due to their skin, and to train blacks to beg for government to take care of them, unaware of their new master.

Source-->
www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527

That is the difference between a democrat and a republican. Democrats are leaders for all not just one particular race. I’m so glad the younger voters see this and are not programmed like the 70s on down generation..

oh is that why they treat us like we're children? or do everything in there power to keep poor people down in the heavily infested democrap cities around the country? They use racism and political correctness as a weapon to divide us all? Adolf Hilary and the Democrats that have moral leg to stand on when it comes to anything significant.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I can tell you who she won't invite:
1. Anyone from the military, because they are pretty much unanimously pro 2nd amendment.
2. Anyone for the safety and security of police officers.
3. Any family members of the victims of benghazi.
4. The foreign guy that hacked into her email server (cause he's dead)...

Who she might invite:
1. The head of the FBI.
2. Anyone in the upper echelons of goldman sachs.
3. Saudi arabian ambassadors.
4. The entire crew of CNN.
5. Bernie Sanders, who has already alienated his former followers.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
"Michael Brown, the “Gentle Giant” who burgled a convenience store, then attempted to grab the gun of officer Darren Wilson before Wilson shot and killed him. Barack Obama then referred to Brown’s death as “Walking while black,” as Ben Shapiro noted in a video explaining the incident."

So what the Hell is the Mother going to say? "I raised my child to be a criminal, someone willing to steal and assault a cop and I'm shocked...shocked I tell you that that evil officer dare to defend himself"? It makes no sense. There is no logical reason for Clinton to parade her up on stage, but then again, considering this non-event started BLM...but still makes no sense.

Ohhhhhhh....right. It doesn't make sense but the people interested in hearing it again either believe the lie (despite a court case and black witnesses, and the facts) or don't care and think the cop should have chastised him with words instead of shooting him.

If that kid wasn't MADE bad by bad parenting and the rest of the black community in that area, and if he didn't DECIDE to try to kill a cop...maybe he wouldn't be dead. Regardless...80% his fault, 10% his parent's fault and 10% the rest of the community's fault.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Allenb83

I don't think they would invite Pastor Burns either.
He has common sense, and reasonable solutions.
He is really all we need in response:

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Just more pandering. This is the run of the mill behavior from the left. They expect minorities to fall in line like good pets and vote with the group. They pretend to want to help every four years, while continuing to leave people in the dust.

Do not think for yourselves, all people of color vote left, didn't you know? Come and be with the cool kids! Everyone is doing it!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
These people are all top of the line Democrats.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join