It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Invites Mother Of Michael Brown and others to speak at DNC

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: pavil

This will be a stupid move on Clinton's part.

Unless her intention is to add to the artificial sentiments that police are out to get black people and further escalate the tensions between those who follow the line of thinking that Brown and others were deliberately wronged by those in power and authority figures.

She can then portray herself as their savior and thus take advantage of whatever political capital can be made from such divisiveness.

Clinton is about out as out of touch as a person can get.
How is this going to help them? Going after police at the convention? Seriously????
They will just prove that the administration IS a cause of the unrest and violence against police.

This should be good.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: pavil

This will be a stupid move on Clinton's part.

Unless her intention is to add to the artificial sentiments that police are out to get black people and further escalate the tensions between those who follow the line of thinking that Brown and others were deliberately wronged by those in power and authority figures.

She can then portray herself as their savior and thus take advantage of whatever political capital can be made from such divisiveness.

Clinton is about out as out of touch as a person can get.
How is this going to help them? Going after police at the convention? Seriously????
They will just prove that the administration IS a cause of the unrest and violence against police.

This should be good.

I don't believe the administration has anything to do with this.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Dude ?

Like MURDER is already AGAINST the LAW.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Dude ?

Like MURDER is already AGAINST the LAW.

Ok, what is your point?

You said the is no such thing as "object violence", I have shown that to be false.

Also, I don't see anywhere how they plan to redefine the definition of murder.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   

So, in reference to the previous posts in this thread regarding the hypocrisy of someone who strongly criticized ONE mother of a dead son for speaking in the RNC...

Look at how many mothers are speaking at the DNC:

The Mothers of the Movement participating include Gwen Carr, Mother of Eric Garner; Sybrina Fulton, Mother of Trayvon Martin; Maria Hamilton, Mother of Dontré Hamilton; Lucia McBath, Mother of Jordan Davis; Lezley McSpadden, Mother of Michael Brown; Cleopatra Pendleton-Cowley, Mother of Hadiya Pendleton; Geneva Reed-Veal, Mother of Sandra Bland.

So, are they all political tools now too?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

So, are they all political tools now too?

Yes, we have already been over this.

The difference may be in what they say on stage.

Edit: That attempt to paint me as a hypocrite failed miserably. Are you going to try that again?
edit on 21-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You said the is no such thing as "object violence", I have shown that to be false.

NO.

GUNZ do not get up ALL by their lonesome and go around shooting themselves.

Utter nonsense.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

NO.

GUNZ do not get up ALL by their lonesome and go around shooting themselves.

Utter nonsense.

Of course they don't, Neo. That does not mean that people do not use them in the course of committing a crime and become violent. That act is what they plan to talk about and how to move towards a solution to make it occur less often.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Some acts of violence using a gun are in self defense and not morally or legally wrong. Gun violence isnt what should be examined. Thats a symptom not a cause. What should be examined is the rational behind those using guns for violence. Theyre the cause and the issue that needs addressing.

Im pretty good with a knife. Theyres lots of violence commited yearly via knife. And yet none of my knives have ever exoerienced a drop of human blood on them. Do i have magical safe knives? Or is it my minbdset and rationality thats prevented acts of violence with my knives. Surely my will and intention has to have some part of the equation as to why my non sentient, non self animating knives dont hurt others. Theres an elephant in the room thats not being addressed.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

People are VIOLENT.

Objects aren't.

Just stop already.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Some acts of violence using a gun are in self defense and not morally or legally wrong.

True. I agree. I also doubt that those sorts of cases are going to be part of what they talk about.

What should be examined is the rational behind those using guns for violence. Theyre the cause and the issue that needs addressing.

Again, true. I hope they talk about that. There are many factors that contribute and we should address them all.

Im pretty good with a knife. Theyres lots of violence commited yearly via knife. And yet none of my knives have ever exoerienced a drop of human blood on them. Do i have magical safe knives? Or is it my minbdset and rationality thats prevented acts of violence with my knives. Surely my will and intention has to have some part of the equation as to why my non sentient, non self animating knives dont hurt others. Theres an elephant in the room thats not being addressed.

Of course we need to address will and intent. That is always a crucial part of the debate. We have to wait and see what these people say before we simply assume that they are just going to dog-pile on guns.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

If we go with the premise that this demographic is already locked up, then there has to be another reason to add fuel to this fire. What purpose does egging on the tension between those who see themselves as oppressed (specifically by the police) and authority figures? It obviously does nothing to reduce tension levels but rather exacerbates them to a hellish degree.

The next question one would ask is how would escalating tension between certain segments of the population and police benefit those encouraging that divide?

Qui bono?

They already don't trust the police and this will not do anything to help in this regard.

What happens if incidences increase?

If the police can be painted in a bad enough light, then it becomes a problem for the federal government to handle.

Next comes calls for a nationalized police force.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   

ok, I understand.
The difference between being a political tool or not depends upon if you agree with the message?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

People are VIOLENT.

Objects aren't.

Just stop already.

Again, I agree, but we still have to talk about what the people do with those objects. The point is to create a discussion in which less violence occurs.

We can put our fingers in our ears all we want, we still have to sit down and talk about the issue.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

ok, I understand.
The difference between being a political tool or not depends upon if you agree with the message?

No. I already said they are all political tools. The difference is what the message is and what they do with their political spotlight.

Mrs. Smith used he position and son's death to get on stage at the GOP and blame Hillary for her son's death.

If these women get on stage at the DNC convention and use their position and kid's death to bash police and Trump, I will be pissed.

If they use it to talk about building better relations between police and the communities, and possibly issues within the black communities, I would support that.
edit on 21-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Again, I agree, but we still have to talk about what the people do with those objects. The point is to create a discussion in which less violence occurs.

There is NOTHING to talk about.

FACT: going around shooting people is against the law.

FACT: 9 amendments in the Bill of Rights, and the 14th talk about CONSTITUTIONAL PROTECTED RIGHTS.

What the mob says be damned.

DEAL.
edit on 21-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

It sure doesnt seem like a honest representation of all parties and factors involved with violence. It seems pretty one sided and agenda driven. Where are the psychologists, stataticians, police, judges, victims of violence that had no "hand in their own demise" where are the unbiased neutral third parties for their opinion, where are the church or spiritual leaders, where are all the educational leaders, rrpresented at this convention?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yes, Neo. You are missing the point. The point is to have a discussion in which we discuss why people are shooting others.

Is that simple enough for you?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: neo96

Yes, Neo. You are missing the point. The point is to have a discussion in which we discuss why people are shooting others.

Is that simple enough for you?

RIGHTS are not up for discussion.

edit on 21-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

It sure doesnt seem like a honest representation of all parties and factors involved with violence. It seems pretty one sided and agenda driven. Where are the psychologists, stataticians, police, judges, victims of violence that had no "hand in their own demise" where are the unbiased neutral third parties for their opinion, where are the church or spiritual leaders, where are all the educational leaders, rrpresented at this convention?

This is a representation of this political parties beliefs and ideas. What you describe is exactly what needs to happen in order to find better solutions.

The problem is that we can't get people to stop bickering so that we can come together and discuss it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join