It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Invites Mother Of Michael Brown and others to speak at DNC

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
This is not unexpected. The women that are invited to speak are part of the "Mothers of the Movement". They go around discussing issues like violence and law enforcement reform.

Considering how those issues are at the forefront of many discussions, it would not be unreasonable to expect the Democrats to invite such people when social justice is a part of their platform.

I say good for them. Let them speak. We need to hear what they have to say, even if we do not agree with them, and we need to address those issues.

Simply dismissing them, as the Right has, serves no purpose.

Congratulations!!! It took you only one day to make a complete hypocrit of yourself. On the Benghazi thread you said:

"For god's sake, let it go.

The GOP paraded those people out there as a propaganda stooge to get people emotionally worked up.

Benghazi is done. They investigated it and found no wrongdoing."

I responded to you on that thread.

"So just to be clear, you and all of the other people on this thread with a similar view point:

When the Democratic convention brings up the family of blacks killed by police (as they are planning) you will shout it down as emotional propaganda, right? I mean, the cops that killed their family members were also investigated and found innocent, so the family members are obviously just selling the memories of their dead loved ones for political gain, right? "

It is frustrating to have conversations with people on here when they are so unabashedly biased and will defend their side no matter what. I hope everyone on this thread sees just how much credibility you have on this issue.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

Can you address the topic, or do I have to continually read you spit ignorance about your hatred for the Left?

We get it, you don't like the Left. Now say something intelligent in regards to the topic.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Benghazi is over. It's done, been investigated with no wrong doing found and we cannot change anything about it.

But interaction between the police and the communities are always going to be an issue. So it is something we have to address moving forward and I can see why they would politicize it at the DNC convention.

Is it theater, yes. Are they using the memories of those people lost for political gain, yes.

But the subject overall is relevant and needs to be discussed.

Benghazi is not.
edit on 20-7-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   

This is not unexpected. The women that are invited to speak are part of the "Mothers of the Movement". They go around discussing issues like violence and law enforcement reform.

Considering how those issues are at the forefront of many discussions, it would not be unreasonable to expect the Democrats to invite such people when social justice is a part of their platform.

I say good for them. Let them speak. We need to hear what they have to say, even if we do not agree with them, and we need to address those issues.

I am curious. How is this situation different than your opinion regarding Pat Smith speaking at the RNC?

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: olaru12
Now all these cool speakers but the Hall in near empty. I guess it's more fun to go out and get drunk than support
the folks supporting Donald.

Watching Fox...

After that you can only come up with a comment like this.
Pathetic.

Actually, that mother should be ashamed of herself. She let herself be used as a political tool and used her son's death was the means to do it. She made certain pauses after key statements waiting for crowd approval.

Quite sad.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

I am curious. How is this situation different than your opinion regarding Pat Smith speaking at the RNC?

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: olaru12
Now all these cool speakers but the Hall in near empty. I guess it's more fun to go out and get drunk than support
the folks supporting Donald.

Watching Fox...

After that you can only come up with a comment like this.
Pathetic.

Actually, that mother should be ashamed of herself. She let herself be used as a political tool and used her son's death was the means to do it. She made certain pauses after key statements waiting for crowd approval.

Quite sad.

If she gets on stage and blames police for her son's death, I will have issues. That woman at the GOP convention blamed Hillary and the investigations show there was nothing they could do.

If she gets on stage and talks about how to improve relations and how we need to address the grievances of black people, I will agree with her.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

How is the mother of Michael Brown less of a "political tool", as you said of Pat Smith?

Both are mothers of deceased sons. Both are getting on stage during a political convention. Both have a message to share. Both of their sons had deaths that were highly controversial and publicized.

Yet you praise one and condemn the other?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

This sir is probably one of the best posts I have ever read on this site in dealing with the blatant and open hypocrisy of some of the people here. Thank you, and here's a flame retardant suit.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Benghazi is over. It's done, been investigated with no wrong doing found and we cannot change anything about it.

Justice Department finds that Ferguson officer did not violate Michael Brown's rights

Epic hypocrisy is EPIC.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

How is the mother of Michael Brown less of a "political tool", as you said of Pat Smith?

I said she is a political tool. She is speaking at the DNC convention.

Both are mothers of deceased sons. Both are getting on stage during a political convention. Both have a message to share. Both of their sons had deaths that were highly controversial and publicized.

Yet you praise one and condemn the other?

Pat Smith got on stage and used her son's death to lash-out in anger at someone that had nothing to do with her son's death. If she got on stage and talked about how we need to review our security procedures to ensure our embassies are safer, I would have agree with her.

Brown's mother has yet to speak. If she gets on stage and goes on a tirade about the police and how they are to blame for her son's death. I will surely disagree with her. If she talks about moving forward and trying to engage in discussions with police and communities to make the streets safer, I would agree with her.

Do you understand the difference?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Justice Department finds that Ferguson officer did not violate Michael Brown's rights

Epic hypocrisy is EPIC.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What hypocrisy? I did not say the police were responsible for his death or violate his rights. Brown's mother also speaks about changing communities and moving forward. That is what I hope she talks about.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   

We know, we know. Benghazi was investigated and we have to take the administrations word that there was no wrong doing, and therefore the Republicans having a mother from someone who died who was innocent is to be ashamed of and shouted down as propaganda.

The same administration has investigated the Mike Brown shooting and found it was justified, and therefore when the Democrats bring on the mother of the man who dies who the administration has admitted was a criminal who attacked a police officer is to be applauded as furthering a discussion that needs to be had.

Keep spinning for your party, you doing a great job!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnifiedSerenity

This sir is probably one of the best posts I have ever read on this site in dealing with the blatant and open hypocrisy of some of the people here. Thank you, and here's a flame retardant suit.

Keep reading. There is a very important distinction that I made.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Did you miss the point or are you having a hard time coming up with something to counter my argument?

I just made a very important distinction, without hypocrisy, and this is what you reply with?

You probably thought you finally had a "gotcha" moment on me and it blew up your face.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

So much for 'it's over let it go' and other rubbish.

My what an EPIC double standard.

Icing on the cake there Introvert ?

The DOJ never investigated that server.

Although if it had been wearing a hoodie they would have.
edit on 20-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Let me guess, "GOP evil" "Democrats good"

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
why would she want browns mother to speak? I wonder if she is going to tell the truth about her son and what happened to him or is she going to lie? either way it`s not going to look good. again I wonder why they are going to have her speak? are they going to let her get up there and lie about how her son was a good boy and was murdered by the police for no reason? if the hillary campaign lets her do that then they are no better than the lying mother.
if she tells the truth then hillary campaign looks foolish for having the mother of a thug who robbed a store and tried to kill a cop speak at their convention.
like i said either way it doesn`t look good for the hillary campaign to have her as a speaker.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Let me guess, "GOP evil" "Democrats good"

No. Try reading what I actually post. Assumptions not needed.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I actually agree with thus really know matter what she says us going to hurt the Clinton campaign. Yes she may be pandering for black votes but this is going to lose far more. Because this will continue to show her lack of respect for the law. A criminal tried to grab an officers gun and was shot. HavING his mom speak is not smart.

It's a lose lose situation for her if thr mother gets up there and says cops are racist she will lose support. If she gets up there and says that yes her son was a criminal but didn't deserve to die. Well then comes the part he shouldn't have attacked the officer in the first place. In no way should they give her a mic it also sends thr wrong mesage that the DNC supports criminals rights and are against officers. This will get pounded home by republican commercials.

And God I wish people were smarter and elected Bernie I really think Hillary is just senile. She has little to no common sense and her stupidity means the Republicans will own congreys the senate and the white house for thse next decade. And we saw what haopened there with Bush didn't we.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Your distinction is merely a ploy by you to make it seem like you are not saying the exact opposite thing about the Dems that you said about the Republicans 24 hrs ago. You never once on that thread said, "I would have had no problem with her speaking if she would have talked about other things". Guess what, even though you may not be interested, some people still think there is an issue of rather or not Hillary is qualified to lead in situations like this. You dismiss people with this concern over and over in that thread as "Pissing on the graves" of the fallen. Then you turn around and praise the dems for bringing on the mother of a dead person.

The same administration that your praise so much as being infallible in the Benghazi said Mike Brown was guilty of attacking a police officer and attempting to steal his gun. Yet you want to see his moms opinion on police interactions? Should they also bring Bin Ladens son on to talk about the war on terror?

You keep spinning like this hasn't showed you to be a hypocrite, but everyone reading here can see otherwise.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

You never once on that thread said, "I would have had no problem with her speaking if she would have talked about other things".

I was also not able to comment on the issue before she took the stage. If I did have that opportunity, I would of said the same thing. I would have welcomed her comments as long as they focused on the topic of foreign security. But she did not do that. She used her son's death to bash Hillary.

If Brown's mother uses her soapbox to talk about police and community interaction moving forward, I welcome that. If she uses it to blame police or bash Trump, I will feel the same way about her as I did Smith.

Guess what, even though you may not be interested, some people still think there is an issue of rather or not Hillary is qualified to lead in situations like this. You dismiss people with this concern over and over in that thread as "Pissing on the graves" of the fallen. Then you turn around and praise the dems for bringing on the mother of a dead person

Again, I was not able to comment before she took the stage. And she did piss all over their graves for the sake of bashing a politician that was proven to not be culpable.

The same administration that your praise so much as being infallible in the Benghazi said Mike Brown was guilty of attacking a police officer and attempting to steal his gun.

I have not praised anyone. Don't make # up.

Yet you want to see his moms opinion on police interactions? Should they also bring Bin Ladens son on to talk about the war on terror?

Sure. Let's hear what he has to say. He might have some insight.

You keep spinning like this hasn't showed you to be a hypocrite, but everyone reading here can see otherwise.

That's a logical fallacy. Appeal to the majority. Or I should say, what you believe to be the majority.

Anyway, I stand by what I have said. You have not pointed-out any hypocrisy because I have been consistent and you even had to resort to a conspiracy in our exchange, calling this a "ploy". Which you can't prove.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join