It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Invites Mother Of Michael Brown and others to speak at DNC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
This is not unexpected. The women that are invited to speak are part of the "Mothers of the Movement". They go around discussing issues like violence and law enforcement reform.

Considering how those issues are at the forefront of many discussions, it would not be unreasonable to expect the Democrats to invite such people when social justice is a part of their platform.

I say good for them. Let them speak. We need to hear what they have to say, even if we do not agree with them, and we need to address those issues.

Simply dismissing them, as the Right has, serves no purpose.

Its in extremely bad taste though. This will without a doubt make Hillary lose votes. Especially within the LEO circles and even some Military circles. She is dead set on pandering to minorities because she knows that Trump will dominate the white vote. She needs to fill those gaps in, so its why this is happening and its distasteful.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The only way Hillary can possibly win this election is if she cheats with CIA and mafia hacking the electronic AKA "Hack Me" voting machines just like we saw when Obama won 100 percent Romney precinct areas. We also saw Romney win in districts where Obama was polled at a huge majority percent, so both sides had some way to log into those machines and cheat.

Trump won't need to cheat and will beat Hillary like a red headed step child. No matter who she invites to speak for her isn't going to cushion the blow back from all her lying conniving perjuring "it's a vast right wing conspiracy" rhetoric.
edit on 20-7-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You and I have had this conversation before. Micheal Brown is a poorly selected figurehead of this movement. He's not a sympathetic figure and his violent actions directly lead to his own consequences. His mother's anger should be directed at her own son, who dealt himself a bad hand and then decided to play it anyway.

Take the Walter Scott South Carolina case, for example. There's a sympathetic figure.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

What a disgrace to the political establishment this woman is.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: -Blackout-

Bad taste? Ya, I suppose it is. Similar to the GOP parading-out the mothers of those that died in Benghazi for political theater.

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Of course he is a bad example, but he is not the only example and I believe the issue in general is something that needs to be discussed. If I remember correctly, these women also talk about violence within their own communities.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yeah, and if people thought the RNC was a circus show, the DNC promises to trump it (no pun intended)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Bad taste? Ya, I suppose it is. Similar to the GOP parading-out the mothers of those that died in Benghazi for political theater.

Of course he is a bad example, but he is not the only example and I believe the issue in general is something that needs to be discussed. If I remember correctly, these women also talk about violence within their own communities.

But what the RNC did wont make Trump lose any votes and it was directed at the other Candidate. Supporting BLM/Michael Brown et al will cause Hillary to lose votes and besides, it has absolutely nothing to do with Trump. As someone else said, Hillary better tread lightly here, because this is recipe for disaster.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   

That is mere speculation not based on verifiable facts. It is also possible that it could sway undecided voters to vote for her, as they might see her standing up for a cause they agree with.

It also may be favorable for her to address issues and not spend her time constantly attacking her opponent. Some people were turned-off by the constant bashing of Hillary during the current RNC convention.

It could go either way, but I doubt this will have much of an effect on overall votes.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

She had a message to drive home. If M Browns mom gets up there and says stay our of trouble, don't smoke blunts and respect the police then i will take it all back. Somehow, I think she is going to be wearing black and saying hands up/don't shoot....I'd bet you a

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Some people were turned-off by the constant bashing of Hillary during the current RNC convention.

You're right, they're called "voters who were already Hillary Clinton supporters." I highly doubt anyone who was intending to vote Trump or leaning towards Trump going into the RNC suddenly was stricken with a case of "Wow, they're piling on to Hillary... I feel bad for her and will now vote for here." Why? Easy, she's not a sympathetic figure, either. The last time anyone in America not already an ardent Hillary fan felt sympathy for her was 20 years ago when her husband was admitting he'd played grab ass with an intern in the Oval Office and she sat there looking like a fool for supporting him. Since then, she's done a wonderful job of making herself unlikable, crumudgeonly, and downright unpleasant.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You and I have had this conversation before. Micheal Brown is a poorly selected figurehead of this movement. He's not a sympathetic figure and his violent actions directly lead to his own consequences. His mother's anger should be directed at her own son, who dealt himself a bad hand and then decided to play it anyway.

Take the Walter Scott South Carolina case, for example. There's a sympathetic figure.

There really isn't a sympathetic figure in any of these cases to be honest... In each and every high profile case over the past couple of years since Trayvon Martin the victim has been a thug or lowlife. BLM hanging their hats on these cases is not helping their cause at all. People would be more outraged if say some young black doctor is accosted by the cops for no reason (i.e., clearly isn't resisting arrest, fighting back, recently robbed liqour store, no facebook pages throwing up gang signs, etc).

BLM should take some cues from the civil rights leaders of the past. Take Rosa Parks. A lot of people don't realize she was not the first case of a black woman refusing to give up her seat on a bus. It was actually a woman named Claudette Colvin. However, Claudette was not a sympathetic victim because she was 17, unwed, and pregnant at the time. The NAACP knew they couldn't hang their hat on her case as it would not gain any sympathy given attitudes against unwed mothers at the time.

Rosa Parks was a much more sympathetic victim and thus her case was brought to the forefront.

Claudette Colvin

Claudette Colvin (born September 5, 1939) is a pioneer of the African American Civil Rights Movement. On March 2, 1955, she was the first person arrested for resisting bus segregation in Montgomery, Alabama. Colvin was among the five plaintiffs originally included in the federal court case filed by civil , 1956, the judges determined that the state and local laws requiring bus segregation in Alabama were unconstitutional. The case went to the United States Supreme Court, which upheld their ruling on December 17, 1956. Colvin was the last witness to testify. Three days later, the Supreme Court issued an order to Montgomery and the state of Alabama to end bus segregation, and the Montgomery Bus Boycott was called off. For a long time, Montgomery's black leaders did not publicize Colvin's pioneering effort because she was a teenager who was pregnant by a married man; words like "feisty", "mouthy", and "emotional" were used to describe her, while her counterpart Parks was viewed as being calm, well-mannered, and studious. Because of the social norms of the time and her youth, the NAACP leaders worried about using her to symbolize their boycott.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated
Ahhh.
Thank you very much for the information about Claudette Colvin. I had never heard of her before, for a now obvious reason.
A shame she isn't more well known today, she deserves to be known.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

While I find you post to be indicative of the bigoted stereotypes many people believe, I think you have a point. It is very likely she could talk about how changes also need to be made within their communities. That is part of the message they try to preach at the Micheal Brown Foundation.

They know it's not just about blaming police.

michaelodbrown.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I can agree. I don't think these conventions are going to sway voters much in any direction.

Since then, she's done a wonderful job of making herself unlikable, crumudgeonly, and downright unpleasant.

We have to give credit to the Right Wing propaganda machine.

They played a big role in affecting her public image. It all started with Rush Limbaugh calling her "keg legs" the mean old hag and it hasn't stopped since.

We actually have very little insight in to how likable she is or not.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
The only way Hillary can possibly win this election is if she cheats with CIA and mafia hacking the electronic AKA "Hack Me" voting machines just like we saw when Obama won 100 percent Romney precinct areas. We also saw Romney win in districts where Obama was polled at a huge majority percent, so both sides had some way to log into those machines and cheat.

Trump won't need to cheat and will beat Hillary like a red headed step child. No matter who she invites to speak for her isn't going to cushion the blow back from all her lying conniving perjuring "it's a vast right wing conspiracy" rhetoric.

here we go...if trump wins...VICTORY FOR THE WORKING GUY!!.....if Hillary wins, it was a fixed election.....

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

How about David Clarke. I think his message is must better to black America. Do you not think so?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

How about David Clarke. I think his message is must better to black America. Do you not think so?

Not really. He engages in the political partisanship that tries to dismiss the grievances of black Americans.

There is no path to a solution if we are not willing to discuss it. His approach does not facilitate that discussion.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

here we go...if trump wins...VICTORY FOR THE WORKING GUY!!.....if Hillary wins, it was a fixed election.....

Hillary isn't going to win. Only liars and cheats support liars and cheats, and America isn't going to be a country of liars and cheats after Trump defeats a liar and a cheat, because the liars and cheats will have lost their foothold on lying and cheating, and so government employees who rely on lying and cheating right now, like the Obama administration will be GONE. Kicked to the curb.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527

That is the difference between a democrat and a republican. Democrats are leaders for all not just one particular race. I’m so glad the younger voters see this and are not programmed like the 70s on down generation..

Brown robbed a store then tried to kill a cop. I guess that looks great on a democrat resume?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

While I find you post to be indicative of the bigoted stereotypes many people believe, I think you have a point. It is very likely she could talk about how changes also need to be made within their communities. That is part of the message they try to preach at the Micheal Brown Foundation.

They know it's not just about blaming police.

michaelodbrown.org...

I think left wingers love him so much because they agree with robbery as a means of getting what they want.

edit on 20-7-2016 by TheBulk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join