It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have nothing to lose but our chains

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

a bunch of fighters they are, not really scary, just lost..

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

I like this one:

So the rest of the world is clambering to get into said civilization but you think it is their duty to set themselves free from it, well that's easy, just book a ticket to Africa.

So protest isn't on the table anymore, some dude in the internetz is offended for unknown reasons. Pity.

Yeah, we either obey a nice day
or fly far, far faaaaar away.

Point taken. Free world thinker, eh?

The way I see it is these people are wanting to blame everything in their life, or not having a life at all on somebody else.

Sure. It's obviously their own fault... rising numbers in criminality, depressions, suicides or rising poverty rates is nothing that would affect the way you see it.

Everything is OK!

Yeah. Sounds legit. Sure. Not. Carry. On!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

You know what?

The system is crashing in Venezuela, and I see that it has totally cured their poverty ills.

They crashed the system in Zimbabwe, and there is absolutely no trouble with poverty there either.

See, the thing is that when you crash a system it necessarily creates a vacuum that fills with chaos, and all of what they perceive to be problems now will get so much worse. The only thing they'll end up accomplishing is bring everyone else down on top of them, but they'll still be on the bottom and worse off than before. Oh, and some strongman will rise to power over lots of blood and lots of dead bodies, likely many of their own.

And someday, those who manage to survive will likely look back and realize that they were nothing more than useful idiots being used to usher in a new regime that's worse than what they had and with real chains instead of the self-imposed ones they create for themselves now.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I see nothing that says they are fighting for freedom.

If you ask, they will tell you they are fighting for equality and social justice.

Now last time I checked, "social justice" mean forced equality of outcome under the law, and when you go that route, it means you lose your freedom. The two concepts are absolutely antithetical and incompatible.

Well. They are if you're ready to except such a narrow definition of freedom, which I'm not. Guess the freedom to exploit is the only form of freedom you're willing to debate?

Kaynes must be some sort of Antichrist for you then, pity. He had at least some things right, Wirtschaftswunder everywhere you look on New Deals. You're saying the restart of Germany was less free than decades before, under Nazi or Kaisers rule? So the Marshall Plan was actually a form of enslavement? For all of us, living in an industrialised world only to consume industiralised goods on a daily, or should I say industrialised, basis?
Then I'd say you've got a point there, but that's part of our wicked ways to control nature, or to fuel the delusion thereof. Materialism is a bitch and plain consumerism obviously no solution either. Yeah, guess that wasnt your point. Fascinating talking point you've got there, really.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Freedom is self determination and the ability to do and achieve what I can do and achieve, but if I am held to forced equality of outcome, then I cannot self-determine and I cannot be allowed to do and achieve what I can do and achieve because my abilities might lift me above someone else that would be an inequality.

Therefore, all must be controlled and out of our hands. No choice. No freedom in the quest for everyone to be perfectly the same in all things and all ways. That is the social justice quest.

Try reading The Giver sometime. It's an SJW dystopian outcome.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And someday, those who manage to survive will likely look back and realize that they were nothing more than useful idiots being used to usher in a new regime that's worse than what they had and with real chains instead of the self-imposed ones they create for themselves now.

How exactly do they put themselves in self-imposed chains with that? What's next, cheap snake oil for guaranteed success?
And all this brain acrobatics combined with hyperbole and fearmongering is supposed to make me realize how they just enslaved themselves? Aha.

Yes. I. Obey. Sorry for the laughter, I just can't help myself.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Why would University graduates have to work for minimum wage, unless they flunked their degree and came out with a 3rd or did a useless degree that others just laugh at.

Who you gonna work for but Mega Corp? They're not stupid. They graduate , the higher the degree the more it cost the deeper the debt, only to discover the real world doesn't just hire them for it.

I disagree once upon a time it mean something to get a degree now it means nothing, anyone can get one provided they select a mentally compatible course, there are many stupid and pointless courses one could pick from and yes there are plenty stupid people at university.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Sure. It's obviously their own fault... rising numbers in criminality, depressions, suicides or rising poverty rates is nothing that would affect the way you see it.

rising numbers in criminality, caused by increase number of undesirables in society.
depressions, largely a result of living in an increasingly discordant society
Rising poverty, a result of rising population, less to go around

All of the above is the result of uncontrolled immigration yet these people would only shout with high pitched voices about the glory's of flooding the country with immigrants.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12

originally posted by: intrptr

Why would University graduates have to work for minimum wage, unless they flunked their degree and came out with a 3rd or did a useless degree that others just laugh at.

Who you gonna work for but Mega Corp? They're not stupid. They graduate , the higher the degree the more it cost the deeper the debt, only to discover the real world doesn't just hire them for it.

I disagree once upon a time it mean something to get a degree now it means nothing, anyone can get one provided they select a mentally compatible course, there are many stupid and pointless courses one could pick from and yes there are plenty stupid people at university.

Well thanks for agreeing with me anyway.

Ever see Metropolis? The elite sequester themselves and their families from the ordinary masses, they educate their own and allow only them to continue in their stead. outsiders don't get in. They can't belong to the 'club'.

This is how royalty works and why corporations are dynasties, like Goldman Sachs, Bildeberg and Rockefellers.

Keeping it in the family.

You can only rise so high in their pecking order.
edit on 21-7-2016 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And thats if they "go" willingly.

If they don't they get democratized by aggressive war.

See Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Bosnia, East Ukraine, Syria...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Obese slaves can't run.

Oh, and a ball and chain of debt doesn't help either.

And then they have kids which encumbers their efforts to escape even more.

But they have no idea what it is they chant about still, they're just going with the flow like children do.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If they stuck with their studies and inserted themselves into a position where they could potentially influence change from within, instead of protesting things they don't understand yet. They could potentially throw themselves on the gears and the levers of the machine they protest against.

But they're just not thinking far enough ahead.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Undesirably inconsequent maybe, but surely awesome to see you downing whine while preaching effin water. Geez... thanks for making my day before it even started!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The part that irritates me about this stupid chant is I've heard Black college say it like it's truth. Black college students who can somehow afford to go to State Universities are apparently enslaved.

Meanwhile, my family was to poor to even be able to help send me to my local community college, so I ended up joining the military. But apparently I have white privilege. Funny how that works.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I think Bob Marley said it best: "Emancipate yourselves from anti-slavery."

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

I like this one:

So the rest of the world is clambering to get into said civilization but you think it is their duty to set themselves free from it, well that's easy, just book a ticket to Africa.

So protest isn't on the table anymore, some dude in the internetz is offended for unknown reasons. Pity.

Yeah, we either obey a nice day
or fly far, far faaaaar away.

Point taken. Free world thinker, eh?

The way I see it is these people are wanting to blame everything in their life, or not having a life at all on somebody else.

Everything is OK!

Yeah. Sounds legit. Sure. Not. Carry. On!

I really enjoyed that video but unfortunately it was just for marketing purposes.

cveitc1.wix.com...#!what_we_do/cihc

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
These people never ever analyse or criticise the real power brokers. They're content with complaining about made up issues and microaggressions. The upside to speaking that kind of false truth to power is they don't get ignored, attacked or ridiculed by the media, there's no real downside to speak of. These people are useful idiots. This type of lazy activism only appeals to immature minds that want to play some kind of cartoon character, they want to act out some rebel fantasy in their mind. Either that or they're too gullible to be aware of the insidious nature of the ideology they promote. They only need to hear that they're fighting for the rights of some oppressed group and they're sold, that's about as far as their thought process goes.

"People are mean and bad to these people.. I feel sorry for them". These people are like emotional children.

If they're speaking truth to power how come the media that is in the hands of the oligarchy is so incredibly supportive of their divisive agenda?

These people are social constructs..

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join