It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Surround Man In Brussels Bomb Scare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
news.sky.com...

Wouldn't it be funny if it turned out to be that he was listening to music on a phone?

Seriously though, if it's a bombvest under there, let's hope it don't go off... or would he detonate it if it were a bomb? You think he would just get on his knees if he was about to go blow something up? Does look a bit dodgy with temps over 30c and this guy wearing a coat!

I guess we'll have to wait to see what materializes but this is ongoing right now. Probably sending in a robot (If they have one).

Police have surrounded a man, reportedly wearing a long coat with wires emerging from it, in the centre of Brussels. The man has been pictured on his knees with his hands on his head near Place de la Monnaie in the Belgian capital. Police have evacuated nearby shops and cordoned the area off. A bomb disposal unit and firearms officers are on the scene. Brussels police spokesman Christian De Coninck said the suspect was "under control" as the bomb squad waited to check if the man had any explosives concealed under his coat.

edit on CDTWed, 20 Jul 2016 11:22:24 -05000000003111x124x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: correcting spelling mistake.

IMAGE:

edit on CDTWed, 20 Jul 2016 11:24:33 -05000000003111x133x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: adding text

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Pretty fracking hot to be wearing a long coat...

Hope its just a misunderstanding..

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Actually do you think phone headphone set would protrude that far out of a coat?

Could be nothing but I thought I'd post about it anyways.

edit on CDTWed, 20 Jul 2016 11:26:46 -05000000003111x146x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: adding text

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

all of these loonies are coming out of the woodworks... the timing is interesting. I won't say anything more.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
He looks suspicious to me and considering all the attacks as of late better safe than sorry.They were right to evacuate.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: GmAndre

Why are you posting that video in here?

This isn't the Thread for music!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

turns out or so they claim that it was guy wearing a wintercoat (It is 28c here) and the cable that was seen under it was from a geigerteller and he was studying/experimenting radioactivity.

Really dont know what to think of that but that is the story so far.

EDIT: i am in the Netherlands right now and i saw it on the news here so i dont have any link to it.

edit on America/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoWed, 20 Jul 2016 11:35:20 -05001620167America/Chicago by everyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
He looks suspicious to me and considering all the attacks as of late better safe than sorry.They were right to evacuate.

I agree, definitely.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I wouldn't... when I wear a long coat and have headphones on, I always made sure it was hidden in the coat...

But I am also north of 40 and apparently don't understand fashion any more.,.. skinny jeans...
I just don't understand the younger folks... yes I feel old even typing that.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

If you want everybody to do what you expect from them, become a guard in a prison.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

Maybe it was some guy testing the police response!

Because you don't need a coat to check radiation levels! Where is the gieger counter anyways in that photo?

Also you can get apps for mobiles now where you don't need wires and other equipment.
edit on CDTWed, 20 Jul 2016 11:47:37 -05000000003111x137x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It's the soundtrack to the bomber guy dude, come on get into it. It's facking Motörhead for god's sake!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Also you can get apps for mobiles now where you don't need wires and other equipment.

No you can't. No app is going to turn a mobile phone into a Geiger counter. They don't have the hardware.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

a reply to: everyone

Maybe it was some guy testing the police response!

Because you don't need a coat to check radiation levels! Where is the gieger counter anyways in that photo?

Well i guess i can agree that a phone app wont be as accurate as a real Geiger teller but i also fail to see why he would have needed a winter coat for that especially considering the very warm weather here right now, in franc it was about the same temperature. But you make a good point about the police response and the possible testing of it, especially since all this still remains a very strange explanation.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

He needed the coat because the coat is the instrument measuring the radiation.

Translated from this page (in French)

The student in question is actually a PhD student at the Ghent University, in the faculty of engineering sciences. The student participates in an important research about radiation aimed in particular to compare the radiation in the city and in the countryside.

In principle, the measurements are performed using an instrument worn on the hip, says a spokesman for the University of Ghent. "But in this case the readings are disturbed by the human body. This is why the man was working with a prototype measuring instrument that avoids this disturbance. This instrument takes the form of a jacket containing cables and batteries, which in this case have been considered suspect."

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

No you can't. No app is going to turn a mobile phone into a Geiger counter. They don't have the hardware.

Well... you can get apps searching for metal so why not radiation? I'm sure there's one out there somwhere

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

ok... thanks for that post. explains it i guess.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

What?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

This:

Translated from this page (in French) The student in question is actually a PhD student at the Ghent University, in the faculty of engineering sciences. The student participates in an important research about radiation aimed in particular to compare the radiation in the city and in the countryside. In principle, the measurements are performed using an instrument worn on the hip, says a spokesman for the University of Ghent. "But in this case the readings are disturbed by the human body. This is why the man was working with a prototype measuring instrument that avoids this disturbance. This instrument takes the form of a jacket containing cables and batteries, which in this case have been considered suspect.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join