It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The meaning behind your ATS name...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Starcrossd

I really like your name. Yes I cannot take it off or I will explode. Lol!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Intrepid

That's about right.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Good one I like it. Feeling no fear.👍

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

Good one I like it. Feeling no fear.👍

I also had a green Intrepid at the time.

But it was really culled from Bill Stephenson's book. A Man Called Intrepid.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
wagtail is a bird
I am that bird lol
AND it makes me think of a friendly doggeh as well, which is also my style hahaha!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: wagtail

So cute, your awesome!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Your username makes me think of another book. It's The Electric Koolaide Acid Test by Tom Wolfe. It's about Ken Kesey and his merry pranksters. In one part of the book they call themselve Intrepid travelers.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Mine is easy - descriptive of a feature of mine (the green eyes), and denotes that I am female, because I got tired of people asking. Seemed simpler this way.

The avatar is because I am a huge fan of the V miniseries, think Marc Singer was a total babe then, and a lot of the stuff from that suits a conspiracy site well, so a win/win there.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Khnum- Ram headed God of ancient egypt the potter who made man from clay 2000 years older than the other guy claiming the same.Was a big deal even Alexander the Great prostrated himself before his likeness.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I love your name, green eyes are rare. I have green eyes too and people stop me to have a look at my eyes. I am sure they do that to you too!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Your a brave strong person and I love your name!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I picked it as an esoteric(dream states,OBEs, more) and similar meaning. Not to be confused with books by the same name(one is by Mckenna) or other. Though, have no problem with referencing Terrence McKenna. On the other side of naming one might think it is mocking those who are "sheeple"/not "awake". In which that was not the intent of it.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I love your name because I dream awake sometimes!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

I love your name, green eyes are rare. I have green eyes too and people stop me to have a look at my eyes. I am sure they do that to you too!

Happens now and then! When I was working as a teller some years back, a customer was going on and on about them. Seemed to bug a couple of other tellers, lol! They are rare, which made for a less common screen name. Seem to have a lot of rare traits! The eyes, blonde hair, lower-than-average body temp, actual earlobes, Rh-negative blood, etc. Wonder now and then if there is some genetic reason all those come together.

Always nice to meet another with the eyes! Mine are somewhat like those of Jensen Ackles, and his seem to change like mine do as well. Kinda cool!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Mine's got a bit of history to it - Back on the forum formerly known as Astral Society, I went by the name psychicwarrior - well, when that forum bit the dust, I took on the alias fossilera and moved around to other psychic-based forums.

For me, I considered myself a fossil from a bygone era; very similar to how Darth Vader probably felt in IV when being mocked for believing in the "magic" of the Force.

Kept the name, and here I am

-foss

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I know what you mean, mine change too with color shirts and my mood. Green blue too . We are aliens!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera

foss your awesome. A great musician too!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I am a terrible singer.
I butcher songs.

That's a relief.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Passomaquoddy-Maliseet word meaning "lost one". Spoken by early mi'kmaqs in Maine, Quebec, and the Canadian Maritimes. One of many endangered languages of indigenous people.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Well my original username was chosen to sound emo, fake, almost poser-ish as I confessed a background that set people, let alone any surveillance on edge, thus allowing it to be painted as someone's teen drama or some equivalent if the need arose. I'd initially joined because I'd found some cool stuff and some politically informative stuff on ATS. Truth is I was aware enough that in doing so I was fully consigning myself never to take advantage of such things, but I digress.

So, now that I'm popping back in I figured I'd nab a new account. Well one night, not so very long ago, after having checked up on a few political events again, I had a few notions rattling in my head. True, they could use some floss and shine, but I figured I might as well share. Still, it having been a good half decade since I'd been on ATS I did well recall how well founded and lengthy conspiratorial claims tended to be, with many a link, slowly laying a path to the writer's eventual conclusion before opening it up for an informed and genuine discussion. OK, perhaps I speak only of a few, but I recall having been caught a time or two without a citation, or having been told off for the quality of one, so I did then resign myself that I am no theorist, analyst, or informed spectator. I am but an unfounded madmen, and worse then that, sources or not I made the conscious concession that all that I say might be naught else but the ramblings of a madman. ...and ramble I do, on and on, why I seem utterly incapable of writing up a simple one or two line post. How hard would it be to say only that it is because I speak only maddened ramblings and naught of substance and fact? ...yet to leave it thus is simply beyond me. Perhaps that in truth is the the root of that which is a maddened rambler? In any case with my schnazzy new account I did hasten to cement those notions that did rattle so in my poor head, filled to the brim as it was with each one then tripping over the next. Still I thought it best to follow the 20 replies prior to starting a thread rule, and so I posted in several, and I fear in doing so I lost what meager focus I had, allowing those tumbling thoughts to fall free once more to the recesses of my subconscious, lost from my tongue once more. Still one does remain, but I continue to live up to this name I have given myself. Even now I gnaw on it, turning it over in my mind. Truly there cannot be but one theory, for where then does the conspiracy enter? More may be involved, but who then and why? As I do it comes to me, more over time, but as I ponder a thought occurs to me, one not wholly mine. If these parties are here and those parties want that, if these are aware and those are cool cats, when what impact might it bring to even share... drat. If it is madness we see and madness we sow, then spreading it about will leave us nowhere to go. A thought need be informed or well thought out at least, so there's scarce little reason to just feed the beast. In any case, I might as well hold off and think it through a touch more. Almost wish I'd jotted the others down, but I suppose nothing's lost, it's all still in there somewhere. (Increasingly a problem with age.)

Well in any case, I'm on somewhat irregularly and generally just rambling in other folks threads for now, like yours.

edit on 20-7-2016 by MaddenedRambler because: putting the "h" in "ish"

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join