It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The meaning behind your ATS name...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Er... I'm from London. ..

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Misterlondon

You also write some amazing threads! Misterlondon

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Because I like the colour Blue and my interest in UFO's started in 1978.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: MisterSpock

I suppose you could also be a robot. Are you a robot?

Perhaps I am wrong with using the word 'sociopath'. Perhaps psychopath was a better choice?

I posted the question, but don't expect you to answer it, especially if you aren't comfortable doing so. I was just curious because I understand that persistent impaired empathy or remorse can indicate psychopathy and you self described as "lacking human emotions".

I think you confused what I said and assumed that I may have the traits of a sociopath.

"a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience."

I have no extreme antisocial attitudes or behaviors, and I certainly don't lack a conscience. On the latter, quite the opposite in fact.

I don't really acknowledge or "use" emotions in the way that others do. They are there, but I usually cast them aside as they are not usually beneficial to the situation. Anger, hatred, jealousy, sadness, etc. These are rarely results of any sort of factual or logical circumstance. When these types of emotions are allowed to be included into "equations" that are used to form an opinion, they usually result in incorrect answers. I try to, as much as possible, omit them from all "equations" in life.

ETA: No I'm not a robot
edit on 20-7-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Interesting.👍

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Because I'm amazing

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Yes your are amazing! I agree.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12

You also write some amazing threads! Misterlondon

Why thank you kind sir. .

And I must say, you are one if the friendliest members on here.
I also think you deserve a
because when you make a thread you always reply to the posts.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Because I like the colour Blue and my interest in UFO's started in 1978.

I always thought you were born in 1978..

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Thank you kindly.👍

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I live north of Edmonton, there's lots of snow for about half the year 🌨❄️⛄️

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
My favorite pet ever was a German shepherd/golden retriever mix, named Kayla. I used to call her Kaylaluv. She is no longer living, but I will never forget her.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It's the name of an old RPG tabletop character I used to play.

The setting was a feudal pseudo-Japanese one, and I created a diplomat character and made up a name I thought sounded like it went in the setting - Ketsuko with -ko suffix denoting female (it means something like little girl). The first part wasn't meant to mean anything, just sound acceptable.

Later on, the game released a supplement for the underhanded clan in the game that had a list of poisons. The world equivalent to cyanide was called "ketsu." So basically, it turned out that my character was named little cyanide girl.

She turned out to be the best joke at the table without me even trying, especially as a diplomat. There were some other things built into her character that made it even funnier, but without going into lengthy detail about the world and mechanics, they aren't applicable here.

Needless to say, I kept the name around for nostalgia sake.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Thanks for taking the time to explain yourself. I am curious though, the emotions you listed were all have negative connotations, "Anger, hatred, jealousy, sadness".

Do you also cast aside emotions like happiness, excitement, love, comradery? You might be missing some great experiences in life!

I'm not trying to be invasive, and I'm not trying to be preachy. I'm just genuinely interested in the "why" behind it all

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Edmonton Is a great place. Great hockey players too!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I had a husky/shepherd/coyote mix that was named Kayla. She was absolutely brilliant, but I could never let her off leash - she was a runner.....so she was mostly an inside girl.
She was such a good dog...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Awe, that is beautiful! I am sorry she is not here on earth. I had a friend in high school named Kayla. Beautiful name.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   
These:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

No, I entered this crazy place in 1970.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That is cool ketsuko! When i see your posts I always think of Walken!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join