It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The meaning behind your ATS name...

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Self explanatory...I tell the truth whether you like it or not and I tell it to everyone....whether they like it or not.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I dream it..... it happens, quite simple except I maybe should change it to ConstantOracle

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I used to play a CCG and RPG called Legend of the Five Rings. It was set in a mythical empire based on Asian mythology. There were seven great clans and a collection of smaller clans. Players decided which clan they played for the CCG , and could make characters that belonged to one of the clans, and it was common to take on a screen name based off the favorite clan.

I chose my persona to be a Mantis samurai, a clan that resides on a small chain of islands and known for living outside the status quo as sailors/privateers/pirates/mercenaries and occasional thugs. They are also mystically associated with aspects of storms/thunder, tsunamis and monsoons.

I created an online persona named Kaimetsu-Uo Teikiatsu. Kaimetsu-Uo was the founder of the clan and the family I honored. Teikiatsu is Japanese for "low pressure" (meteorological) and "ill-tempered" (I had just seen Austin Powers).

I carried the name to other websites and got tired of being called Kaimetsu-Uo because
1) That wasn't my personas proper name and
2) People mangled the spelling horribly

So I truncated to Teikiatsu. Spelling can still be bad but not *as* bad.

And that's about it.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1

You have my respect and love the name!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DreamerOracle

Very cool, your have the dream powers of endless times!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I like your story and how your changed the name.👍

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I chose forthelove, because when I think of the things I do and the reasons for my motivation, for doing them, I come to the conclusion that regardless of the consequences of my actions, I do them out of love, for the love and not what they can do for me in return.

Selfishly, I still benefit whether the actions are understood or appreciated. I have made many conscious decisions out of love, misguided or not, without others even being aware and reaping the benefits, having no idea where it came from, forthelove.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: forthelove

Nice choice for your name!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Mine is somewhat embarrassing in retrospect, but it's okay lol.

I was interested in aircraft, and was playing a lot of Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies when I registered. It was the first thing that came to mind, and now I'm stuck with it. :p

Peace.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I am part Lakota Sioux and was given the name by an elder who has walked on.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: grayeagle

Nice I have a good friend who is American Indian! Love your name!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

It's a great name!

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   
i have alien dna

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Its my (now dead) cat's name. (and it used to be available on any website I signed up for...now it appears some other people are trying to use it)

edit on 23-7-2016 by okachobi because: added more detail

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: alienDNA

I believe you, I know alien life is here among us humans!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 06:38 AM
link   
What do you mean ATS name, does the staff know about it?
My name is Nick. Nick Pappagiorgio from Yuma Arizona, I'm into software. A little search would enlighten you. My driver license is on the web

Eeeh, the staff won't ever let me correct the first day typo not to mention the whole user name
so I decided to put one of my current alter egos into the avatars we can change from time to time and hide the name.
- Change is life.
- User name can be sticky.
Still make sure you show up
'cause everyone is important.
Hidden meaning behind your avatar in the next cat's astral-convened secret meeting )

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

The meaning and story is cool!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I chose Gandalf because of all the literary characters I love, his nature seems to most embody the spirit of my interest in all things ATS: his constant quest for knowledge; his habit of wandering and roaming about in pursuit of that knowledge; his clear sense of purpose and drive to prevail and serve the light.

I believe mythos mentioned that Joseph Campbell is the sh!t. I second that.
There's always been something archetypal about the character of Gandalf that speaks to my unconscious (inner geek?).

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Very cool name and meaning!

posted on Jul, 24 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

My name was supposed to be Honest not Homest, but now I accept it means closest to God because I am a Deist and believe God has chosen me to perpetuate, spark, and uphold righteous acts.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join