It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The meaning behind your ATS name...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Your name is awesome! Nice to meet you

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I've dedicated my username in honor of a German Jesuit Priest who had the courage to phonetically translate the Bible so the common man could read it instead of having to reply on corrupt clergy, which in turn allowed people to think for themselves.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DickJohnson

Beautiful I respect that!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   
chuck because it's short for my name
258 because about 10 years ago when I was first making online profiles where adding a number to the end of your name was common, 258 was easy to remember because it was straight up the number pad.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Because I like the colour Blue and my interest in UFO's started in 1978.

If I may, why '78?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Wow thanks, and I have followed your posts here and I respect you even though you are a relative newcomer. I try not to judge members by their registration date but I struggle with it. I guess because more often than not the newer dated registrants post tripe. I know, I know, I am being a bigot... I'm trying. I have to say though, I have seen a crop this year of very promising newcomers.

I also must add, that as far as my posting history is concerned, I am not impressive either. I am not measuring people against myself, I just like to come here to read interesting material. I lurk more than anything, and I've made a few faux pas, but I try to post responsibly. I have in the past failed. And I am sure I will fail again. Anyway, I have added you to my list of people to pay attention to on here, nice to meet you too!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

originally posted by: DBCowboy

DB because, DB.

Cowboy because I've always liked westerns. And I wear a cowboy hat.

Sooo... this ISN'T you?!

That was me before the weight gain, the surgeries, the leprosy, ebola, and zika.

And add @ 4 decades.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Winter is my favorite season.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: DickJohnson

You're funny, Dick Johnson... haha, jesuit priest... lmao!

I did have to look up that name in the context of jesuit priests translating the Bible just for shts and giggles and got the name of a reporter who wrote about a jesuit priest child molestation case... interesting.

Maybe your name has some deeper meaning after all, and then again maybe you are a silly guy...

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Because I'm the intrptr, just like it sounds...

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Because I am so boring, I even bore myself.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I'm a fan of the Sandman comic/graphic novel. Delirium is one of the Endless. She used to be Delight. She's seen some #, so now she's very random in her appearance and stream of consciousness ramblings. If you pay attention, though, the character often exhibits a deeper understanding of events.

The character essentially goes crazy to stay sane.

Which, basically makes her a kindred spirit in some ways. I tend to hold a very through-the-looking-glass view on life. Going crazy to stay sane kind of fits that.

The character's tagline is "tempis frangit" which means "time breaks".

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot

DB because, DB.

Cowboy because I've always liked westerns. And I wear a cowboy hat.

Sooo... this ISN'T you?!

That was me before the weight gain, the surgeries, the leprosy, ebola, and zika.

And add @ 4 decades.

You have lost all cuddling privileges.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Great idea for a thread.

I would like to think that humanity is destined for greatness and not eventual self-destruction. As an afterthought, it's interesting that the word humanity is associated with altruism even though humans are also capable of horrendous acts. However I have to believe that the eventual big picture of our timeline will show we evolved from the animals we are currently into a wise, cooperative, peaceful, understanding, productive, aware people. The seeds of that can be seen in the empathy and altruism that exists within us now, and it's power is beyond any force that ever existed or will exist. It will overcome. We will overcome.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Because I have always loved the night and the stars and I once named a dragon Night Star in a story I was writing. I could picture her flying high beneath the dancing stars.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

or you're a an offspring of fallen angel/nordic hybrid union

Now that would be an interesting mix!

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Cherries are my favorite fruit. That's pretty much it. Cherry was taken so I just added a 0 to the end.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
SoHTyTe is my User Name because it started with ICQ and AIM, and rolled with me for 16+ years ...it's my Dj name SoH ........plus ...TyTe, because I keep the mixes sounding tight..SoHTyTe! OK, how did I come up with SoH? Was into magic in my young years, SO..Sleight Of Hand...was the base of TRICKS. Well in Dj'ing...you have to trick the listener to hear one song with multiple records actually playing....(Sleight Of Hearing)........SoH there you have it.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The meaning behind my name...

Hmm. Interesting post. And a great question.
I am an honest and upfront person. I neither practice nor tolerate duplicity in my actual life or in my online interactions. Well, I suppose we all have to tolerate a certain amount on the Internet. I also don't put my trust in anyone until they prove that I can. I've found that to lead me to a lot less grief in my life. And while nobody likes advice on how to see the world, I chose this name to perhaps prompt others not to blindly trust me unless and until they feel they have reason to. And I chose the particular spelling not because I am a fan of the band Phish, but because I am a fan of Phish Food ice cream by Ben&Jerry's.
edit on 22-7-2016 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join