It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The meaning behind your ATS name...

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Because I like to keep it wild and crazy and get a little out of control at times.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Lol you and I would be best friends. Or in trouble lol!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I believe mine is self explanatory. Look around you and see the lie we live.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Agreed👍

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Doobie Brothers? Donkey balls? Down, boy!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
As far as mine goes, I've always been some form of "Gryphon" on the 'net, from my more whimsical-symbolically based days.

Gryphons are protectors of treasures, and the treasure I try to honor most are the facts. 66 is my birth-year, but there's also a lot of what I used to call "synchronicity" in my life around sixes. Cabalistically, 66 basically represents idealism, which I was more prone to, once upon a time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a reply to: Hefficide

I always read your nick as a play on the Spanish "jefe" ... so that you were, in a metaphorical sense surely, calling for the "Death of all Bosses" i.e. authoritarianism.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Very cool, your the protector of facts!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I guess mine is just the opposite of Above Top Secret. I have a creative block when it comes to usernames.

Above / Below
Top / Low
Secret / Announcement

I understand 'Bottom' is a better opposite to 'Top' but I thought 'Bottom Announcement' could be interpreted weirdly as a fart by some Brits lol.
edit on 21/7/2016 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Very cool name and meaning.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Xenos meaning stranger in ancient greek, I'm a little bit strange so I've been told, so it seemed pretty apt.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JustXeno

Strange is good, like the name too.👍

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Well I guess most of us who spend more than 10 minutes a week on here would be considered strange by the majority of people in the world lol.
Try having a conversation about anything discussed on here with someone who gets there info from mainstream media and they look at you like you should have a straight jacket on.
At the end of the day JustStrange doesn't have the same ring to it as JustXeno

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I get it. I do like the name Xeno!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Starred cos you made me chuckle.

ps You sure you don't want me to go over it again ?

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Lol ok sure.👍

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The name is paraphrased from the film "Forbidden Planet". I adopted it,or it adopted me because occasionaly "I" take a step back and absolutely pursue those base desires.

Its theraputic

The id (or it) The id is the primitive and instinctive component of personality. It consists of all the inherited (i.e. biological) components of personality present at birth, including the sex (life) instinct – Eros (which contains the libido), and the aggressive (death) instinct - Thanatos. The id is the impulsive (and unconscious) part of our psyche which responds directly and immediately to the instincts. The personality of the newborn child is all id and only later does it develop an ego and super-ego. freud tripartite personality theory The id remains infantile in it's function throughout a persons life, and does not change with time or experience, as it is not in touch with the external world. The id is not affected by reality, logic or the everyday world, as it operates within the unconscious part of the mind. The id demands immediate satisfaction and when this happens we experience pleasure, when it is denied we experience ‘unpleasure’ or tension. On the contrary, it operates on the pleasure principle (Freud, 1920) which is the idea that every wishful impulse should be satisfied immediately, regardless of the consequences. The id engages in primary process thinking, which is primitive, illogical, irrational, and fantasy oriented. This form of process thinking has no comprehension of objective reality, and is selfish and wishful in nature.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: idmonster
The name is paraphrased from the film "Forbidden Planet". I adopted it,or it adopted me because occasionaly "I" take a step back and absolutely pursue those base desires.

Its theraputic

The id (or it) The id is the primitive and instinctive component of personality. It consists of all the inherited (i.e. biological) components of personality present at birth, including the sex (life) instinct – Eros (which contains the libido), and the aggressive (death) instinct - Thanatos. The id is the impulsive (and unconscious) part of our psyche which responds directly and immediately to the instincts. The personality of the newborn child is all id and only later does it develop an ego and super-ego. freud tripartite personality theory The id remains infantile in it's function throughout a persons life, and does not change with time or experience, as it is not in touch with the external world. The id is not affected by reality, logic or the everyday world, as it operates within the unconscious part of the mind. The id demands immediate satisfaction and when this happens we experience pleasure, when it is denied we experience ‘unpleasure’ or tension. On the contrary, it operates on the pleasure principle (Freud, 1920) which is the idea that every wishful impulse should be satisfied immediately, regardless of the consequences. The id engages in primary process thinking, which is primitive, illogical, irrational, and fantasy oriented. This form of process thinking has no comprehension of objective reality, and is selfish and wishful in nature.

The Eros part of my wifes Id has definitely changed from when I met her 20 years ago
lol

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I used to DJ at local parties around the time of my joining ATS
i guess you could call it a stage name
I played a lot of drum and bass and break beats which is where the Digital part comes from
I just added the Disaster because i was looking for another word that started with the letter D
and i though it sounded cool
People used to call me Dizzy for short
It stuck over the years and i still use it as a gamertag for some games

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I was reading the Dune series at the time.

Using the name for so long, I have the strangest impulse to burn the world down and remake it in my own Image.

j/k...

We'll get a Global Scientific Dictatorship either way.

If I could change my username today, it would be MValentine. *Reading Stranger in a Strange Land atm
edit on 21-7-2016 by GodEmperor because: edit

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Double post...

edit on 21-7-2016 by GodEmperor because: dp

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join