It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain the venom spewed at Melania Trump?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

well okay than, I guess a possible first lady can lie and it's okay with some. interesting....

another question - do you think that trumps staff was aware of this lie? and if so, is that okay, too?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

I agree. Is Melania just not paying any attention and letting the Donald and his esteemed politicos do all the work?

I don't have a horse in this race-they both disgust me but what a dumb thing to do-and didn't Trump's people expect everyone to see what education Melania had accomplished? He was so tough on his own kids but not too concerned about Melania's education, esp. the mother of his child.

There's no winner here-just pure embarrassment.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I think its even odds that they set her up to stir the sympathy of folks...

from a political view point yes it was a smart move, they can use the over reaction from the left as a bat to beat down a lot of attacks on him and her..

I don't care for it if they did set her up, but then I am not voting for Trump... I am voting for the Veterans Party Candidate.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

there are reports that their speech writers wrote a whole different speech and turned it in a month ago.

there are also speculations that Melania had help from family for her speech.

My guess is that she denied the speech given to her from the campaign and decided to try and write it herself with her family and either herself or her family did some research on past 1st lady speeches and took what they liked. They probably changed a lot of speeches around but slacked on the 2 paragraphs by Michelle Obama.

Im sure it was never run by the campaign, surely they would have caught this...or maybe not.

Im sure it was innocent, as was my plagiarism in college (I was actually just young and stupid and wanted to get this paper written quickly, which was probably the case for Melania as well).

by no means am I saying it was ok to do this, me or Melania

edit on 20-7-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I agree about the plagiarizing. that snafu rests mainly on trumps staff. even if she insisted on writing it they should have had enough sense to put it through plagiarizing software.

the things I can't quite come to grips with is the lie about graduating college as it's such an easy thing to check and she should have enough intelligence to know that, right??

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

They (Mr and Mrs Trump) probably thought the American people were as dumb as them and thought we would never catch it.

That's all I can think of.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

she doesn't strike me as someone with political aspirations... so I honestly don't care, an argument can be made that the president is a figure head position now... so a first lady... long as she isn't leaving a body count as she moves I don't care if she lies, I am not voting for her.

Well, look at it like this; the Republican convention goers gave a massive round of applause for a speech that had been read by the current first lady 8 years ago with almost no differences in wording. That shows a couple of things to me - I'm fairly sure they weren't applauding Michelle Obama when she read it which makes them hypocrites and it shows to me what the whole Trump experience is built on - shallowness and populism. Good for TV, maybe not so good for government.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

in Melania's defense, it was only 2 paragraphs out of a 17 minute long speech but still, you are correct. it sounded good to the ignorant masses and they applaud shallow, good for TV speeches.

They also applaud when talking about hate and god.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

They (Mr and Mrs Trump) probably thought the American people were as dumb as them and thought we would never catch it.

That's all I can think of.

If its one post that screams reality and truth it's this one,and they are correct because that's exactly what people think of sheeples ,just dumb.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I know exactly zero people in real life that watch the conventions, they are 100% pure theater... nothing is happening that hasn't been scripted.

I wouldn't be surprised if the walk outs were scripted.

both parties are a bag of flaming dog poop, and from now on I am all in on third party...

Both parties have had a great deal of control over my life and the middle class has shrunk pretty steadily... and the poor class has grown quickly... so I see no reason to believe anything from either party.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ImmortalLegend527

while I agree with the sentiment...

you can insert Bush, Clintons, Kennedy, alongside the trumps and it would be more accurate.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

while I agree with the sentiment...

you can insert Bush, Clintons, Kennedy, alongside the trumps and it would be more accurate.
Let me explain something to you and let me make my self very clear never mention Kennedy in the same room or planet with trump ,it's against the laws of life and humanity.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

There is a reason I said Kennedy not JFK, or RFK... those two men may have made fantastic presidents... but I was referring to the family as a whole which has had a less than stellar reputations in regards to gaining wealth and power.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Trump camp refuses to admit their mistake that is what is more important. One lie over another lie and only those blind followers or too stupid to know better will fall for it.

As far as I am concerned the Trump campaign and the Clinton campaign are exactly the same.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Now if only Michelle had pulled a Taylor Swift and trademarked her speech and the words used in her speech, we wouldn't be in this "faux outrage" mess we're in.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Melania is not running, Hillary is. Therefore, it's not worth this much discussion and piling on, IMO. I even think it was plagiarized, but a little perspective is warranted.

So what? People piled on Michelle after she gave her speech so why should Trumps wife get a free pass?

Nope.

Do you think they should?

Then why are you complaining about her catching flack then? If she wasn't politicking for her husband then no it wouldn't be right to go after her but she chose to step into the limelight. That makes her a target and that goes for anyone be they family members from either Trump or Clinton.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

a reply to: MotherMayEye

Melania is not running, Hillary is. Therefore, it's not worth this much discussion and piling on, IMO. I even think it was plagiarized, but a little perspective is warranted.

So what? People piled on Michelle after she gave her speech so why should Trumps wife get a free pass?

Nope.

Do you think they should?

Then why are you complaining about her catching flack then? If she wasn't politicking for her husband then no it wouldn't be right to go after her but she chose to step into the limelight. That makes her a target and that goes for anyone be they family members from either Trump or Clinton.

Sorry I misread your question. I thought you asked if the people who piled on Michelle should get a pass.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
Hmm. Interesting. Here, this female was in the spot light. Look what happened to her for "stepping into the spot light and becoming a target"

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Yup. You certainly do resemble the Taliban with your speech. "Open target".
Nice one Buster.

Just because people can, doesn't mean they should.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
when we have trump saying hundreds of times that Hillary lies...and then come to find out, his own wife gets up and lies about writing her speech herself and lying about her "College" education......bring on the spewing of venom

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Looks like Trump riders have come up with their new defense of Trump

Every time someone criticizes him or calls out his wife...it's just because we're jealous of her beauty and his wealth

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join