It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain the venom spewed at Melania Trump?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
What's infuriating is that the media jumps on something as inconsequential as this, while far more important issues are treated frivolously if at all. Thus, endless stories about Mrs. Trump's speechwriters' use of Michelle's words without attribution and almost no mention of the heart-rending speech of the mother of a person killed in the Benghazi debacle. Worse, the media devoted more emphasis to the plagiarism (of a non-candidate) than to the FBI's finding that Hillary was "extremely careless" in handling highly sensitive material and to the fact she repeatedly lied about it!

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: Irishhaf

A lot of the speech was word-for-word. We all know politicians (and their spokespeople) have speechwriters, so it really shouldn't be a big surprise.

But I also think Trump's wife is seen as a spoiled bimbo with not very much to offer, in comparison with Michelle Obama who has umteen different degrees from Ivy league schools, is self-made, well-spoken, intelligent, etc.

I think a lot of it just comes down to the fact that Michelle Obama has a lot more respect by the public and the Trumps in general are not looked at in the same light.

This sounds really spot on.

Im from the UK but i have many US friends and been across the pond for months at a time, many times. They appear [my US friends when they chat about Melania Trump] to like poking fun at her for basically not being anywhere close to the worldly, smart 1st Lady that Michelle is and probably a dig at Trump for wanting arm candy more than someone to have an intellectual conversation with - How true this really is i dont know, but having speechwriters write such closely worded speeches and not realising it seems a bigger let down than the fact she uses speechwriters.

I think all this is amplified by her historic tweets quoting a lot and saying little of value from herself.

edit on b43431041 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Hillary is running for president and Melania's not running for anything.

Irrelevant she willfully stepped into the political arena. When she did that she became a target just like every other politicians wife.

Yeah, everyone always says that when they want to pile on.

No one disputes that she has voluntarily put herself in the spotlight, but a little perspective, please.

Melania is not running, Hillary is. Therefore, it's not worth this much discussion and piling on, IMO. I even think it was plagiarized, but a little perspective is warranted.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ksiezyc

awww, bless your heart, that's all you got?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

No sht. People are making stuff up now. Plaguerism is unethical!!!! Deflections. How many times has someone brought up Hillary when it has nothing to do with the Trump staff being ok with plaguerism? Everytime someone goes for that my brain instantly goes into "this person is a weirdo" mode. Point out the intentional idiocy and move on. They know what they are.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I don't think it deserves this much attention either, personally.

but it does say a lot about someone, and that someone's husband who is running for president

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FuManchu2

We're trying to choose a president with ethics. It definitely does matter. It's the foundation of all our problems. It stares you in the face and you want to talk about fixing the economy or civil rights? All of that boils down to ethics. If you have them then your people prosper. If they're willing to do something like this and not care then how will they ever create policy that benefits the common man?

Lack of ethics is the single biggest problem our country faces. Forget the issues. Let's start with getting some honorable people to lead this country then we can tackle the issues.

I highly doubt anyone who thinks this is OK is capable of doing good for you or me.
edit on 20-7-2016 by BrokedownChevy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

No sht. People are making stuff up now. Plaguerism is unethical!!!! Deflections. How many times has someone brought up Hillary when it has nothing to do with the Trump staff being ok with plaguerism? Everytime someone goes for that my brain instantly goes into "this person is a weirdo" mode. Point out the intentional idiocy and move on. They know what they are.

That's what they do......

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrokedownChevy

and last night I turned to the GOP convention, and at the time the delegates on the floor with raised clenched fists, were chanting.....jail her, jail her, jail her...when that fat "Christie the bridge closer" was speaking about Hillary......thousands of republicans on Prime time acting like a lynch mob....right, no hate there.....

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I agree completely. Ethics are crucial, and Hillary's proven lack of same is disqualifying and should be the issue, not what a candidate's trophy wife says in a speech written by others. This is classic misdirection.
For the record, I don't want Donald either!

a reply to: BrokedownChevy

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
I am truly curious if any of the anti-trump crowd here can explain all the venom spewed over her speech?

So some of the lines were the same/close to the same, this is not new in speech writing at all... yet I wake up and it seems like every news station in the country is running some sort of hit piece on her... Then there is all the hate because of her accent.... WTH... so an immigrant cant have an accent?

It makes zero sense at all...

I hope someone here can shed some light on this....

You dont like trump because of some crazy things he said months ago... got it no big deal... but to attack the mans wife like this... low class... low class...

Melania Trump is probably a very nice lady, but one of her speech writers screwed up big time. Plagiarism is a big deal because it shows lack of originality, and is along the same lines as cheating. This was either a huge mistake in judgement by someone in the Trump camp, or an intentional move, for what reason I can't imagine.

I'm not a big fan of Trump, but I will never vote for a party that empowers criminals even if it goes against logic and reason. Unfortunately Trump is the best we have, but if he is elected, I would not be surprised if his presidency mirrors his election campaign... But I surely hope that won't be the case.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   
So what I get from the thread so far is... but he started it... or she is a liar...ok... AND?

Has the US lost a 100 points off their collective IQ's?

This is elementary school yard tactics... their is a metric ton of stuff you can go after Mr. Trump on... so do so.. pile on him, the guy has a thick skin.

Also another question.. (I did not watch the speech and have not read all the articles) was the entire 17 minute speech copied or just part?

I ask because Originality verification at my school doesn't consider it plagiarizing if its below a certain percent, want to say around 25% if its not technical related work.

edit on 20-7-2016 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2016 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
You have a fair bit of time and turn up with plagiarised content. She could've even reworded it but she didn't. It shows she's lazy and possibly a liar just speaking the good words. If it were Michelle who had done this, you folk probably wouldn't have created this thread.

However many of you doubt the marketer within Donald Trump, he's marketing himself and he's doing it well. Even if it makes his wife look stupid, the name 'trump' has been in the news more than any other over the last year, and this is a fair boost for him. It's just downright unethical.

The internet is also bored, and with more and more people joining on a daily basis they all want to 'start a fad', if a fad starts, for popularity and viewership, news stations will cover it.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SuspiciousTom

I wouldnt have with Mrs Obama... because I dont think the news would have touched it with a 10 foot cattle prod..
eta: since wives (in the white house) typically have little power or sway they can have whatever opinions thoughts or faux pas and I could care less.

Honestly what little I saw (of the speech in question) made me think she didnt want to do it, and possibly she was set up knowing the left would pounce like a cat on a mouse.

I am voting third party, and nothing short of an act of god could make me even consider voting for either Trump or Hillary...

I will freely admit to having a great deal more anger at Hillary because I have a good idea at what a con she has gotten away with regarding the emails.
edit on 20-7-2016 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

edit on 20-7-2016 by Irishhaf because: to much whiskey...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Melania is not running, Hillary is. Therefore, it's not worth this much discussion and piling on, IMO. I even think it was plagiarized, but a little perspective is warranted.

So what? People piled on Michelle after she gave her speech so why should Trumps wife get a free pass?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

op, she lied about graduating from college. she actually dropped out her freshman year.

why get on a nationally televised stage and lie about something so easily checked? how do you feel about that? most here don't care...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Just curious, was it on all the MSM and being blasted across social media when Michelle gave the speech?

I honestly dont know..

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

So what? People piled on Michelle after she gave her speech so why should Trumps wife get a free pass?

Nope.

Do you think they should?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

she doesn't strike me as someone with political aspirations... so I honestly don't care, an argument can be made that the president is a figure head position now... so a first lady... long as she isn't leaving a body count as she moves I don't care if she lies, I am not voting for her.

edit on 20-7-2016 by Irishhaf because: to much whiskey...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ImmortalLegend527
This is to funny his wife could not even write her own speech,the irony!

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join