It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explain the venom spewed at Melania Trump?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Trump has his cheerleaders twisted into pretzels

So far this election they've had to defend him over his refusal to disavow the endorsement of the KKK and other white supremacists

His praise for Saddam Hussein and Putin's endorsement of him

His for profit Trump university scam

His bizarre and racist attacks on the ethnicity of a federal judge

His use of a star of David

His retweets from other white supremacists

And now Melania's plagiarism.

He was right...he could shoot someone in the middle of the street and they would still support him
edit on 20-7-2016 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
A lot of this is media driven. They need to fill column inches and air time. The coverage by CBSN has been pretty fair as far as it goes, but in reality much of the coverage of the convention has been in the nature of a commercial for the Republicans and the running mates. That's to be expected. What is also to be expected is that the media would seize upon any bit of melodrama that they could to liven things up. Much is being read into the mere fact that plagiarism could slip by undetected by the Trump team. It's being speculated about, almost as an augury of disaster.

Both sides will simply have to resign themselves to the fact that every slip will be autopsied exhaustively.

I think Melania has been treated pretty well, as far as I have seen. I've made a couple of satirical posts about the speech, but most commentators that I have read are not really lumbering her, although some have and will continue to do so. It might pay the Democrats to be magnanimous about it and to refrain from scoring really cheap points on a candidate's wife who is even more of a political neophyte than the candidate is.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

So far this election they've had to defend him over his refusal to disavow the endorsement of the KKK and other white supremacists

He was right...he could shoot someone in the middle of the street and they would still support him

And it's too bad that the general public has forced people to support Trump because the other option is absolutely worse than all of the above and more

I'll be more than happy to have someone that isn't politically correct than the filth coming out of the Democrat party

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: VivreLibre

And it's too bad that the general public has forced people to support Trump because the other option is absolutely worse than all of the above and more

I'll be more than happy to have someone that isn't politically correct than the filth coming out of the Democrat party

No one is forcing anyone into supporting Trump

The vast majority of the Republican party support him because they support the toxic ideas that come out of his mouth

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 20-7-2016 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Poor poor Republicans

Big bad evil Hillary forcing them into supporting a racist xenophobic pig

They're experts at playing their victim card

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: VivreLibre

No one is forcing anyone into supporting Trump

The vast majority of the Republican party support him because they support the toxic ideas that come out of his mouth

If only you understood the world around you and would stop adopting your opinions from other people. Try to form your own and take a minute to understand what is going on and why you were conditioned to support the worst candidate we've seen in decades.

racist xenophobic pig

Where do you get your opinions, anyway?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

She didn't copy anything; she used common phrases used in speeches for long time. The Left is whining because they don't have intelligent and attractive women to show the world. Every time the Right does, they go on the attack.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
oh boy, playing the victim now ?

I thought trumpers mocked that ?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

originally posted by: TheTory

It's envy, most likely. She's rich, beautiful, and smart.

it's why you hate Obama so much. he's rich, beautiful and smart.

This is beautiful:

This is not:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity
a reply to: burgerbuddy

except that its all hearsay from the extreme white, I mean right side about Hillary

Melania's lies were so obvious and no digging and truth twisting was needed

Was that a racist comment? Wow....I think it was.

This is all jealousy, and gives the Left something to talk about besides Hillary being called a liar, in regard to her comments to the mother of one of those killed at Benghazi. Can't have that in the news daily, now can we? Nope, gotta talk about common phrases in a speech, and claim it's plagiarism, instead.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

no thanks, I prefer brains over brawn.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Uhhhh . . . .

because . . .

Alaska Gov Palin wasn't involved, they had to find a substitute to spew and poo all over.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Here is the actual text that is in question:

Melania Trump's speech excerpt -

“From a young age, my parents impressed on me the values that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise.

“That you treat people with respect. They taught and showed me values and morals in their daily life. That is a lesson that I continue to pass along to our son, and we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow, because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.”

Michelle Obama's speech excerpt:

“Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values, that you work hard for what you want in life, that your word is your bond and you do what you say you’re going to do,

“And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children – and all children in this nation – to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.”

That's the whole issue; whether or not the commonly used phrases were plagiarized or not. Most of the speeches were quite different, and this is the only portion in question. Not close to "word for word" as some have claimed, and not anywhere close to a significant portion of the speech. Plus, as already stated, the speech was changed, opening the door to the possibility that this was done intentionally, to give the Left something to talk about besides Hillary's criminal issues, her Benghazi mess, the massive amounts of money from charities and universities routed through the Clinton Foundation, the statement from a Behghazi victim's mother that Hillary lied to her face, etc.

No real plagiarism; just mud slinging and deflection, and a good dose of simple jealousy.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

originally posted by: TheTory

It's envy, most likely. She's rich, beautiful, and smart.

it's why you hate Obama so much. he's rich, beautiful and smart.

This is beautiful:

This is not:

Awesome to pic.1
LOL to pic 2.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

no thanks, I prefer brains over brawn.

You claimed one was "beautiful". Want to talk about brains?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
a reply to: nobunaga

She said she wrote the speech.. so yeah.. there's that. Try again conservatives

Don't you love when people conveniently make things up by not quoting in entirety?!?

She never said she wrote the entire speech herself without help, infact she said and I quote

"I wrote it with as little help as possible"

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Boohoo. People of great power are not beyond criticism. Get used to it. I think people aren't being harsh enough on these dangerously-ignorant obnoxious hillbillies. And Clinton is an obnoxious idiot too who deserves any bit of criticism that comes her way. Looks like America is sh# out of luck this year.

Trump should go back to running beauty pageants not a national superpower, and Hillary should crawl back under whatever rock that reptilian calls home.

And quite frankly, any person who can't write their own speech shouldn't be allowed to make speeches to millions of people. Get rid of these White House speech-writers. They're just ministers of propaganda, experts at making meaningless words sound good. If a presidential candidate can't write their own speech they don't deserve to be president. Being president requires much harder work than speech-writing, so if they can't do that then why give them the job?
edit on 20/7/2016 by TheAnarchist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I honestly don't think it was spewed at her on ATS. Twitter, for sure. 95% of the posts here thought it was a Trump organizational issue and had empathy for Mrs. Trump.

new topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join