It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who is the Anti Christ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Well I really dont know too much about what this site is about. I have read a few articles, that have been written on this site and thought maybe I could find someone with the same views as my wife and me. We got a few of our friends together a few years back, right after we got married and started ghost hunting, well that lead to conversations about the anti christ and we spent a night doing reasearch and found a lot of intresting facts that seem to fit into our culture today, we then discovered Share International, the seem to think they have found the new Massiah and he is going to disclose who he is some time in the near future. Along with all of this we just discovered "Project Blue Beam", a NASA created project designed to project the image of God throught the world and then merge him into one uniting the world as one religion. This was set to have already taken place and was canceled for some reason but will continue between now and the end of April, 2005. I have read atricals that Earthquakes will make way to new archological discoveries, providing truth that what we have viewed as religion for so long has been wrong. Now suddenly there we are, with earthquakes all over the world. Which one is it though, one of our own was supposed to make way for a guy who will support one world religion in our own government, Kerry or Bush?? Did the plan succeed or have we been had? Granted I just got into all of this a few years ago, I think I have a big role in stopping what ever is going to happen, if it happens in my life time. I have been busy with a divorce for the past year, but the forces which tried to break us apart only made us stronger and we have now come together again happier than ever and once again signs of all of this are popping up and saying "Look at me!!". Now I dont know how things will pan out, but I do see it coming, and I do have faith that there is an all powerfull being out their that has our best intrest at heart. I really dont think that it matters what color you are or what religion you are, because in the end we will all have to band together and form an alliance with the people who believe in the same ideals as I do. And weather you believe in aliens, demons, ghosts, or just God and Satin, I am open to any theroies and willing to hear all points of view. I do work for the government, Navy to be exact so its hard to find anyone who doesnt think I am crazy. So any thoughts, suggestions, or theorys would be great, even if you think I am crazy I would like to hear your point of view. Thank you so much. Chris

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by anthonychris
we then discovered Share International, the seem to think they have found the new Massiah and he is going to disclose who he is some time in the near future.

I would be very cautious when dealing with any group that claim they have found the Messiah if they are talking about Jesus. The Bible says Jesus will return in the clouds for the entire world to see. When he returns it won’t be in secrecy for only a few to know. This is my opinion as I’m a Christian and believe in the Bible. Read what the good book has to say about his return. Nobody will mistake it for anything else, he will show himself to everyone the second he returns.

Luke 21:25-27

"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. At that time they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory."

Mark 13:24-27

"The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken. At that time men will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens."

Anyway welcome to ATS, I’m so glad you found us.

posted on Jan, 19 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The "Anti-Christ" is something that is symbolic of the destructive elements within own Psyches.

The Antichrist

The Antichrist

Dazzling intellectualism, as the manifested functionalism of the psychological "I," is without a doubt the Antichrist.

Those who suppose that the Antichrist is a strange personage born somewhere on the Earth or coming from this or that country are certainly completely mistaken.

We have emphatically stated that the Antichrist is definitely not a particular person, but all people.

Obviously, the Antichrist itself exists deep within each person and expresses itself in many ways.

Intellect which is placed in the service of the Spirit is useful; intellect which is divorced from the Spirit becomes useless.

Villains arise from intellectualism without spirituality: a vivid manifestation of the Antichrist. Obviously, the villain, in and for itself, is the Antichrist.

Unfortunately, the world today with all its tragedies and miseries is governed by the Antichrist. The state of chaos in which modern humanity finds itself is undoubtedly due to the Antichrist.

The iniquitous one, of which Paul of Tarsus spoke in his Epistles, is certainly the harsh reality of our times. The iniquitous one is already here. It manifests itself everywhere; it certainly has the gift of ubiquity.

It argues in cafes, negotiates at the United Nations, sits comfortably in Geneva, conducts experiments in laboratories, invents atomic bombs, remote-controlled missiles, asphyxiating gases, bacteriological bombs, etc., etc., etc.

The Antichrist, fascinated by its own intellectualism, which is absolutely exclusive to know-it-alls, believes that it knows all of the phenomena of Nature.

The Antichrist, believing itself to be omniscient, is trapped in the decay of its own theories. It directly rejects anything resembling God, or that which is worshipped. The self-sufficiency, pride and arrogance of the Antichrist are unbearable. The Antichrist mortally hates the Christian virtues of faith, patience and humility.....

www.gnosis-usa.com...

Peace

[edit on 19-1-2005 by Tamahu]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hey, kinglizard, you forgot:

"Jesus answered: "Watch out that no one decieves you, For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will decieve many. You will hear of wars and rumours of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kindom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginnig of birth pains."
-Matthew 24:4-8
and
"T the same time, if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to decieve even the elect- if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time."
-Matthew 24:23-25

The antichrist is a genaral idea that applies to all non-christians, according to the gospels of the new testament.
And by the way, you're not crazy, it's the rest of the world who's crazy.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
There is a hundred threads on here about this and everyone famous has been said to be the anti Christ!

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Perfect JJ McKool.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If I may allow me to first provide a link www.bible.ca...

And second, allow me to provide a suggestion when interpretation Scripture. Ask yourself, how would the people to whom these epistles were written understand what was written to them? It is a common though a not very wise practise amongst many to completely ignore the historical context and re-read the words of Jesus, the Epistles or even the book of the Revelation [the Revealing of Jesus] and put what was present or imminent in the near future FOR THEM into our future.

Note the in the Book of Revelation (writen to 7 regional churches in Asia Minor in the first century--to them, there, back then) that in its introduction and conclusion the writer is told to not seal up the words of this revelation "but to keep those things written in it; FOR THE TIME IS NEAR"... "Do not seal up the words of this prophecy FOR THE TIME IS AT HAND."(cf. 1:3b, 22:10). NEAR and AT HAND not for us but for THEM.

Note that the judgement that Jesus was talking about "that upon you may come all of the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar..."(cf. Matt. 23:35) Which YOU was he talking about? Was He talking about us in the 21st century? Was He speaking to us? No He was (in context) speaking to people back there and then. And TO THEM he says, "Assuredly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation."(vs. 36). To that generation (cf. Matt. 11:16). We err in our ignorance by not knowing what happened to them back then.

By implication we make Jesus a liar and Scripture untruthful if we say that both He and the expection of an imminent return in judgement as stated in Scripture and believed by the early church was wrong. Perhaps it is not Scripture that is wrong but our presuppositions and theological system of theology into which we attempt to force these Scriptures?

What if we began with the presuppostion that Jesus was right and this judgement (tribulation) was coming upon them!? "Do not weep for me but weep for yourselves and for your children..." He was on his way to the cross but His worry was for them then there! Do you remember the parable of the landowner and his vineyard? "Then last of all he [God] sent his son [Jesus] to them, saying, 'They will respect my son.' But when the vinedressers saw the son, they said among themselves, 'This is the heir. Come let uis kill him and seize his inheritance.' And they caught him and cast him out of the vineyard [Jerusalem] and killed him. Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes [God], what will he do to those vinedressers? THEY SAID TO HIM, 'HE WILL DESTROY THOSE WICKED MEN MISERABLY..." "NOW WHEN THE CHIEF PRIESTS AND PHARISEES HEARD HIS PARABLES, THEY PERCEIVED HIS WAS SPEAKING OF THEM."(Mat. 21:3741,45) ("And the rest seized his servants, treated them spitefully, and killed them. But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city." 22:6,7)

1 Kings 9:6-7 "But if you... do not keep my commandments... then I [God] will cut off [destroy] this house [temple in context]."

Daniel 9 LXX - And thou shalt know and understand, that from the going forth of the command for the answer and for the building of Jerusalem until Christ the prince there shall be seven weeks, and sixty-two weeks; and then the time shall return, and the street shall be built, and the wall, and the times shall be exhausted. And after the sixty-two weeks, the anointed one [the Christ] shall be destroyed, and there is no judgment in him: and he [the Christ] shall destroy the city and the sanctuary with the prince that is coming: they shall be cut off with a flood, and to the end of the war which is rapidly completed he shall appoint the city to desolation.

For further study-- www.preteristarchive.com...

Some common sense guidelines when dealing with eschatology: www.home.earthlink.net...

Also know that the futuristic system of theology (premillenialism and dispenationalism is a newly embraced one... condemned in the early church as heresy... and resurrected in the 1800's through the Plymouth Brethren and made popular especially in the North American church through the publication of the Scofield Reference Bible (because of its popularity at the time it was adopted by the new churches and pseudo-Christian sects that came out of that era... the older mainline churches do not hold to this view... in fact most of Christendom for 2000 years has not! It has held to what can be regarded as a Amillenial or a Post-Millenial view)

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
that sounds like the perfect description Tamahu.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Member
If I may allow me to first provide a link www.bible.ca...

And second, allow me to provide a suggestion when interpreting Scripture: Ask yourself, how would the people to whom these epistles were written understand what was written to them? It is a common though a not very wise practise amongst many to completely ignore the historical context and re-read the words of Jesus, the Epistles or even the book of the Revelation [the Revealing of Jesus] and put what was present or imminent in the near future FOR THEM into our future.

Note that in the Book of Revelation (writen to 7 regional churches in Asia Minor in the first century--to them, there, back then) that in its introduction and conclusion the writer is told to not seal up the words of this revelation "but to keep those things written in it; FOR THE TIME IS NEAR"... "Do not seal up the words of this prophecy FOR THE TIME IS AT HAND."(cf. 1:3b, 22:10). NEAR and AT HAND not for us but for THEM.

Note that the judgement that Jesus was talking about "that upon you may come all of the righteous blood shed on the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar..."(cf. Matt. 23:35) Which YOU was he talking about? Was He talking about us in the 21st century? Was He speaking to us? No He was (in context) speaking to people back there and then. And TO THEM he says, "Assuredly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation."(vs. 36). To that generation (cf. Matt. 11:16). We err in our ignorance by not knowing what happened to them back then.

By implication we make Jesus a liar and Scripture untruthful if we say that both He and the expection of an imminent return in judgement as stated in Scripture and believed by the early church was wrong. Perhaps it is not Scripture that is wrong but our presuppositions and theological system of theology into which we attempt to force these Scriptures?

What if we began with the presuppostion that Jesus was right and this judgement (tribulation) was coming upon them!? "Do not weep for me but weep for yourselves and for your children..." He was on his way to the cross but His worry was for them then there! Do you remember the parable of the landowner and his vineyard? "Then last of all he [God] sent his son [Jesus] to them, saying, 'They will respect my son.' But when the vinedressers saw the son, they said among themselves, 'This is the heir. Come let uis kill him and seize his inheritance.' And they caught him and cast him out of the vineyard [Jerusalem] and killed him. Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes [God], what will he do to those vinedressers? THEY SAID TO HIM, 'HE WILL DESTROY THOSE WICKED MEN MISERABLY..." "NOW WHEN THE CHIEF PRIESTS AND PHARISEES HEARD HIS PARABLES, THEY PERCEIVED HIS WAS SPEAKING OF THEM."(Mat. 21:3741,45) ("And the rest seized his servants, treated them spitefully, and killed them. But when the king heard about it, he was furious. And he sent out his armies, destroyed those murderers, and burned up their city." 22:6,7)

1 Kings 9:6-7 "But if you... do not keep my commandments... then I [God] will cut off [destroy] this house [temple in context]."

Daniel 9 LXX - And thou shalt know and understand, that from the going forth of the command for the answer and for the building of Jerusalem until Christ the prince there shall be seven weeks, and sixty-two weeks; and then the time shall return, and the street shall be built, and the wall, and the times shall be exhausted. And after the sixty-two weeks, the anointed one [the Christ] shall be destroyed, and there is no judgment in him: and he [the Christ] shall destroy the city and the sanctuary with the prince that is coming: they shall be cut off with a flood, and to the end of the war which is rapidly completed he shall appoint the city to desolation.

For further study-- www.preteristarchive.com...

Some common sense guidelines when dealing with eschatology: www.home.earthlink.net...

Also know that the futuristic system of theology (premillenialism and dispenationalism) is a newly embraced one... condemned in the early church as heresy... and resurrected in the 1800's through the Plymouth Brethren and made popular especially in the North American church through the publication of the Scofield Reference Bible (because of its popularity at the time it was adopted by the new churches and pseudo-Christian sects that came out of that era... the older mainline churches do not hold to this view... in fact most of Christendom for 2000 years has not! It has held to what can be regarded as a Amillenial or a Post-Millenial view).

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   
So Member; do you disagree with the info I've provided from that lecture?

And 'Truth', here's the new link; as the one I originally posted is no longer working.

The Anti-Christ

This link^^^ contains the entire lecture.

What I posted before was only an excerpt.

Peace

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Quote///
The Lord Jesus Christ said, "....I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." (St. Matthew 16:18). What do the gates of hell signify?

The Jews had the custom of gathering under the leadership of their elders, by the city gates, for the discussion of political, legal and social questions. These meetings were the last appeal of all litigation, and here all divine commandments were announced.
They were vested with a definite authority among the people.
This Jewish custom of meeting at the city gates is mentioned in the Book of Ruth (IV:1,11).
A description of an active wife in the Book of Proverbs (31: 23) says that, "Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land." He is invested with the trust of society and takes an active part in important meetings. (Prof. V.V. Bolotoff).

The "gates" of hell" signifies not only the forces of hell, but in general staff of Hell's power.
Their most important meeting is dedicated to developing a plan for a general battle with the Church.
The Church and Hell are represented as two warring powers. And in this war with Hell, according to Christ's words, the Church will remain invincible.

Hell's war plan with the Church is called the "Mystery of Iniquity" in the Holy Scriptures (2 Thessalonians 2:8).
The iniquity has been working for centuries and will have its culmination in the appearance of the Antichrist ( 2 Thessalonians 2:8).
The Antichrist can come only as a result of universal Apostasy, that is, the abjuration of the people from God and His paths, when God's grace will withdraw from the people.

"And in the latter times of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up." (Daniel 8:23)

"Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders...." (2 Thessalonians 2:9

www.serfes.org...

Also.....Quote///

FROM THE THIRTEENTH CHAPTER

1. "And I saw a beast rising up from the sea, like unto a leopard." This signifies the kingdom of that time of Antichrist, and the people mingled with the variety of nations.

2. "His feet were as the feet of a bear." A strong and most unclean beast, the feet are to be understood as his leaders.

"And his mouth as the mouth of a lion." That is, his mouth armed for blood is his bidding, and a tongue which will proceed to nothing else than to the shedding of blood.

18. "His number is the name of a man, and his number is six hundred threescore and six."

As they have it reckoned from the Greek characters, they thus find it among many to be teitan, for teitan has this number, which the Gentiles call Sol and Phoebus; and it is reckoned in Greek thus: t three hundred, e five, i ten, t three hundred, a one, t fifty ? which taken together become six hundred and sixty-six. For as far as belongs to the Greek letters, they fill up this number and name.

If you wish to turn this name into Latin, it is understood by the antiphrase DICLUX, which letters are reckoned in this manner: since D figures five hundred, I one, C a hundred, L fifty, V five, X ten ? which by the reckoning up of the letters makes similarly six hundred and sixty-six, that is, what in Greek gives teitan, to wit, what in Latin is called DICLUX; by which name, expressed by anti-phrases, we understand Antichrist, who, although he be cut off from the supernal light, and deprived thereof, yet transforms himself into an angel of light, daring to call himself light.

www.stvladimirs.ca...

top topics

join