It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abraham Lincoln died today second time: D. Trump was Nominated by the GOP

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:48 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: The angel of light

when he has openly said that ALL the Mexicans that come to America are criminals?

Where has he said that?

(post by everyone removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: queenofswords

Every bit of what he said is true.

No it wasn't. He said that Mexico as sending these people. Now let's see you back his statement proving that the government of Mexico is choosing which people are being sent to America. It wasn't until his ignorance was pointed out to him that he start talking about illegal immigrants.

You only hear what you want to hear and you echo it only to drive and support your own agenda and for no other reason then that. The proof of this is simple. The well documented, viewed, witnessed and transcribed words that trump actually used that you are right here twisting. Which explains why you did not post a direct quote since a direct quote of the man's actual words would show you to be a liar. Much like the OP of this thread.

Not once has he said that all Mexicans are bad and not once has he ever said they should all be deported or whatever it is that you are pushing at any time in any thread.

Advocating to enforce the law is a bad thing according to you.

Illegal immigrants are here illegally
Do you even understand th implication of that?
You either don't or you simply pretend not to in order to further push your dishonest agenda, in either case why should anyone actually take anything you say seriously.

uk.businessinsider.com...

"I don’t see how there is any room for misunderstanding or misinterpretation of the statement I made on June 16th during my Presidential announcement speech," Trump wrote, adding, "What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc."

"Many fabulous people come in from Mexico and our country is better for it. But these people are here legally, and are severely hurt by those coming in illegally," wrote Trump. "I am proud to say that I know many hard working Mexicans—many of them are working for and with me…and, just like our country, my organization is better for it."

What he actually said is not quite the same as the BS you ty to shovel is it?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Any country has a right to take in those that will help it.

Look around the world and you see countries that do just that. Do you want to move to .... Australia? Good luck. You better have a skill that country needs, otherwise they will enforce their borders and tell you "NO."

Only American somehow seems to be a place where people think we have to accept just about anyone from the embedded terrorist to the poorest, dumbest dirt farmers to the drug cartel members to the skilled worker from India or China just because they up and decide they want to relocate here.

I personally think we have immigration laws so that we can tell the embedded terrorist and the cartel member "NO" flat out, control the numbers of poor dirt farmers we allow since we will realistically have to support them for a long time, maybe always, before they can stand on their own, and even control the numbers of skilled workers from other places because we have our own skilled workers who need jobs too.

But every time someone says that they want to control our borders and enforce the laws on the books, they are "anti-immigrant." I guess the real question is: in a time when so many Americans can't find jobs, why do you hate Americans so much? Americans of all backgrounds?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

"I regard our immigrants as one of the replenishing streams appointed by providence to repair the ravages of internal war and its waste of national strength and health,” - Abe

"I am not a Know-Nothing. That is certain. How could I be? How can any one who abhors the oppression of negroes, be in favor of degrading classes of white people? Our progress in degeneracy appears to me to be pretty rapid. As a nation, we begin by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes." When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and catholics."

Hail Columbia

edit on 20-7-2016 by kibric because: edit

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
What seems clear and apparent is that you have no problem with misusing a system to you perceived benefit. As evidence to this let's look at your post count and your star count:

Stars: 21,302,550

So you average 8,127.6 stars a post or you use a cheap hack to make yourself look different than you really are. Either way, your comments are not appealing to me at all.

Not a hack.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Now let's see you back his statement proving that the government of Mexico is choosing which people are being sent to America.

Did Trump actually say the the 'government' of Mexico is choosing which people are being sent?

When it comes right down to it, the government of Mexico does have a bit to do with who crosses the border. The Federales let certain people through their side of the border. What determines who gets through is organized crime and money.
The gangs pay off the Federales to let criminals through to work the drug operations in US cities.
I know this because I sat and listened to sworn testimony by ICE agents and people that worked with the 'coyotes' on the border while I sat on a Federal Grand jury dealing with drugs and human trafficking.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The Mexican government has indeed been caught doing that:

www.dailymail.co.uk... ountry-illegally.html

Shocking US government leaflet tells Mexican immigrants they can collect food stamp benefits without admitting they're in the country illegally
Conservative legal group obtained Agriculture Department flyer
'You need not divulge information regarding your immigration status in seeking this benefit for your children'
Program in all 50 Mexican consulates in the U.S. helps push food stamps

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: everyone

I know in Kansas that if a family applies for benefits on behalf of its children (anchor babies), it receives full support even if the parent or parents are working basically full-time and making good money under the table. They are not allowed to ask about that or consider it since the parents are not legal. So the family can pull in full range benefits for the kids AND whatever extra cash the parents are making, and since the parents are making it illegally in many cases, they aren't also being taxed.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Trump is NOT against immigrants - but ILLEGAL immigrants.

Correct your thinking.

Trump is NOT against muslims - but those arriving from terrorist sponsored and ravaged areas, and who enter without any form of identification or documentation.

Correct again your thinking.

Do not be a tool for propaganda. Start thinking independently.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Dear Dragonidr,

No body is pushing here a speech against to promote business in America. The situation we have in the country by now is not really created by the few almost extinct illegal Mexican Immigrants, but by the giant flow of Capitals to abroad and especially to China.

I don't believe it is hostility against Capital what has caused this, it is instead lack of Patriotism from people that made those capitals in this market, not in other one, and they don't realize that they can have the possession of them, that is something the constitution and the law guarantee, it is also part of the individual freedoms in which the independence declaration was signed, but those capitals were formed here, the source of them was the American consumption, so it is absolutely immoral to take them out of the country causing the economic crisis you have described exist in many places like Detroit.

America as a nation has made rich a lot of entrepreneurs that were either born here or that migrate to this land, so the American people in general that are who created with their consumption those capitals have all the right also to get benefit from them, they have several times more right to profit in salaries and jobs from them that any Australian or Chinese banker or other Asian tiger ,as well as, any Chinese, Korean, Indian, Malaysian, Indonesian or Vietnamese workers.

America is a nation that was created on the base of liberty, and understanding that all men were created equal, that is in the very preamble of the Independence Declaration, written about 85 years before Abraham Lincoln became President.

So why Americans are moving capitals that were made here to countries that are still under communism or under any other kind of slavery, nations that don't have any social security and where workers live in inhuman conditions? that is not the spirit of the American dream, a land of opportunities for all, it is the same pillage British corrupt functionaries, or corsairs, pirates and other adventurers made along centuries exploiting the colonies.

If companies want to give their back to this market they must not be allowed to import goods made elsewhere to continue selling them here, they have decided to don't be Americans anymore, so why we must accept those traitors continue operating here?

I clearly stated that behind the nomination of a fascist candidate there is evidently a moral crisis, I agree we walked through it along many years before Trump appeared, I agree as Jimmy Carter says that the crisis of values started long time before Obama took office, and that crisis also started when people decided to attribute all the merit of the Capital to entrepreneurs and put aside the origin of them that is the costumers, the market where they were made.

This is not a partisan thread at all, it is one created as a reflection of a huge issue, one that explains why in the GOP convention we have a myriad of great absents, people that gave form to the Republican party along the last 30 years:

The last three former nominees were absent of this convention, the only two former Republican Presidents also absent, former first ladies also absent, many important conservative leaders also absent, only few of the two dozens of precandidates on the primaries attended the convention, the VP slot that supposedly offers a great opportunity to heal internal divisions was not filled with any of them, and the Republican Governor of the Ohio, the state where this is happening also is also absent.

With all respect only a blind person can't see the dramatic difference with respect to previous conventions, yesterday there was even a rebellion of delegates trying to push a revote to stop the nomination of Trump.

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 7/20/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Today's GOP has absolutely nothing in common with Lincoln's GOP except the name. That's it... nothing else.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
The last three former nominees were absent of this convention, the only two former Republican Presidents also absent, former first ladies also absent, many important conservative leaders also absent, only few of the two dozens of precandidates on the primaries attended the convention, the VP slot that supposedly offers a great opportunity to heal internal divisions was not filled with any of them, and the Republican Governor of the Ohio, the state where this is happening also is also absent.

With all respect only a blind person can't see the dramatic difference with respect to previous conventions, yesterday there was even a rebellion of delegates trying to push a revote to stop the nomination of Trump.

Hey great argument! I've been on the fence on this, but: maybe he isn't an establishment shill after-all.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I know in Kansas that if a family applies for benefits on behalf of its children (anchor babies), it receives full support even if the parent or parents are working basically full-time and making good money under the table. They are not allowed to ask about that or consider it since the parents are not legal. So the family can pull in full range benefits for the kids AND whatever extra cash the parents are making, and since the parents are making it illegally in many cases, they aren't also being taxed.

Yes and that is exactly the kind of thing that needs to be put a stop to (preferably without people pretending that doing so is racist lol) because that is just insanity. That is like advertising to motivate people to come here and then you have mexico releasing flyers in low income and often bad neighborhoods to make sure they are aware of this. And that is exactly what trump has mentioned and the practice of giving these people full benefits while they can and will even make more money on the side is something trump will put a end to.

Mexico should be the one taking responsibility for these people. All these folks here are constantly saying "yes but these poor people" Ask yourself this: Why are these people so poor? Is it because of americans? or is it because their own country does not have its own house in order and is not helping them.

Let's be honest here,Mexicans who are fleeing Mexico are being coaxed byt Mexico because that is easier and cheaper for Mexico and they also know that a lot of money that is made her by those Mexican families is being sent back to family in mexico.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Dear everyone,

Lets be open and frank, if the border is closed in the way D. Trump has many times menaced, by building a sort of Chinese wall in between the two countries, this is going to impact negatively not only the Mexicans but also the Americans.

There are hundreds of thousands of Americans getting better jobs in Mexico and in other Latin American countries than anything they could found here. Many have escaped from unemployment or from starvation salaries to honorable positions as English teachers, bilingual education managers, human relations bilingual staff, and translators, without passing for all the migratory restrictions that right now exist in America for immigrants and without needing to have extraordinary credentials to do so.

Please check:
www.transitionsabroad.com...

jobs.goabroad.com...

About two million Americans that are retired live in standards of high social class or upper middle class in Latin America and half of them in Mexico, with very modest pensions that here might give them a poor status.

please check:
www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.csmonitor.com...

The external trade in between the two subcontinents is clearly favorable to the USA, and that commerce supports millions of jobs in America. That is all what is in risk for a xenophobic campaign that is not offering solutions to real problems but just speculating over smog curtains.

A confrontation with Mexico in particular and with the Hispanic world in general for a really stupid wall is only going to cut down millions of jobs and close opportunities for thousands of companies. The Mexicans are not the only ones that feel menaced by the aggressive policies of Mr Trump, also the other Latin Americans think so.

Please read:

www.census.gov...

articles.latimes.com...

Thanks,

The Angel of Lightness
edit on 7/20/2016 by The angel of light because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: The angel of light
Lets be open and frank, if the border is closed in the way D. Trump has many times menaced, by building a sort of Chinese wall in between the two countries, this is going to impact negatively not only the Mexicans but also the Americans.

There are hundreds of thousands of Americans getting better jobs in Mexico and in other Latin American countries than anything they could found here. Many have escaped from unemployment or from starvation salaries to honorable positions as english teachers, bilingual education managers, human relations bilingual staff, and translators, without passing for all the migratory restrictions that right now exist in America for immigrants.

About two million Americans that are retired live in standards of high social class or upper middle class in Latin America and half of them in Mexico, with very modest pensions that here might give them a poor status.

Coyotes have been smuggling Americans across the border into Mehico. That's a new one!

edit on 20-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Lincoln loved Immigrants.
Especially the Irish.
Most of the men could be coaxed right in to the army since none had jobs.
Grant made wonderful use of them as lead catchers on his road to Richmond.

Trump isn't against immigrants.
He's against not enforcing immigration laws.
Big difference and nothing racist about it.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Can you please explain why having secure borders is XENOPHOBIA? Thanks!
edit on 20-7-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join