It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Harm of Unchecked Thoughts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Object and subject go hand in hand and become the chains that enslave or free. Of course beyond subject and object then what could possibly bind except ones work they perform in the world, not necessarily for income facilitation in that regard either... yet that is how material culture expresses itself and it has nothing to do with the faculties in which they take place but with the faculties people use.

Under privileged is often pointed at as not taking advantage, yet how can those being taken advantage of Use any for themselves without taking or stealing? When it isn't provided or given as it should be in equality. This is the paradox and yet the solution isn't as complex as the problem is made out to be.

Of course it depends on view, some only view themselves. Some view the entire world, some break that world down into various views.

So obviously, in the political spectrum(anything involving someone other than oneself) in making decisions views become very important, all of us regardless of political leanings should look out of oneself, their mode of being and expression, and look at the world... aside from the animals inhabiting it, we have the human animal that has the ability to make everything better or worse for ourselves as not only a collective whole, but as an individual...

In such it is left to choices, and those choices come back to the very first paragraph that opened this post.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Talorc

Good work.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sir Arthur Conan Doyle said in 'A Study in Scarlet"

***I consider that a man's brain originally is like a little empty attic, and you have to stock it with such furniture as you choose. A fool takes in all the lumber of every sort that he comes across, so that the knowledge which might be useful to him gets crowded out, or at best is jumbled up with a lot of other things, so that he has a difficulty in laying his hands upon it. Now the skillful workman is very careful indeed as to what he takes into his brain-attic. He will have nothing but the tools which may help him in doing his work, but of these he has a large assortment, and all in the most perfect order. It is a mistake to think that this little room has elastic walls and can distend to any extent. Depend upon it, there comes a time when for any addition of knowledge, you forget something that you knew before. It is of the highest importance, therefore, not to have useless facts elbowing out the useful ones.***

It's my experience many people are Drama kings or queens and think the world revolves around themselves, and embrace all these titles. Why ? Self importance perhaps, maybe their sole method of getting attention.... But if the world came crashing down tomorrow, they would either die, or grow thick skin and become survivors. They would embrace change instead of safe spaces.

Carry someone too long (parents) and they will never learn to walk.

All this and no big impressive words to boot....

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

"Seeking but not finding the house builder,
I hurried through the round of many births:
Painful is birth ever and again.

O house builder, you have been seen;
You shall not build the house again.
Your rafters have been broken up,
Your ridgepole is demolished too.

My mind has now attained the unformed Nibbâna
And reached the end of every sort of craving."

~Siddhartha Gautama's first words upon awakening as the historical Buddha

When one stops chasing the created; one actually starts creating.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Finally some writing of substance around here! Thanks for sharing your wisdom Talorc, wise words indeed. If only we could all live so consciously.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   
There are things that we 'know', you know? But it is always encouraging to see them written down in an organized and intelligent way. It's grounding. I was sort of obsessing on something the other day, and realizing I was giving it more attention than it deserved, I reminded myself that I control my thoughts; they don't control me. Consciously realizing that and deliberating stopping it, through distraction, (or stubbornness) helps to 'snap out of it', put it aside and move on to more constructive ruminations, which as you say in so many words can be LARGE! or absolutely worthless.

Great thread.
edit on 7/20/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Are you generally frustrated at the workings of the world? If you answered "yes" to these questions, which most of you have (provided you're honest), then you have a problem.

Whats the alternative to being moved by that frustration to try and invoke change?
Yah, can't change nobody, can lead them down to the river, though. Its up to them to drink.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

How ironic that you would profess your knowledge on a message board.

I will certainly give more credence to the comments you make in the future, until they stop following the lessons you so clearly want to give now.

Your doing exactly what the OP is talking about. Don't feel threatened by his post. Just believe you are a good person and the world is full of people with insight. He is not posting to mock or demean you, just the opposite if you actually take his words to heart.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAnarchist

Finally some writing of substance around here! Thanks for sharing your wisdom Talorc, wise words indeed. If only we could all live so consciously.

"if only" an excuse used by many. Don't blame you really. Its all around us, the constant negative tone. If only we saw things for what they are and not what we wished them to be.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
This is probably off topic, and is my personal research, and the out come has absolutely shook my entire being.
I'm simply randomly posting not going by rules on topics.

We are being educated from a young age to abide by the laws of physics, and laws of government.
This has sat me here thinking about the real reality of lawyers, law enforcement, and of course media.
If found these 3 things to be no more then psychological, and to test our limits, keep us blind, as to keep us from achieving our dreams.
But here and now I'm going to tell everyone that we can have anything or know anything, by simple childhood rules. I'm sure your asking how or calling bull# but, I'm #ing dead serious!
First, money.... It doesn't exsist! As soon as we make it, someone takes it do to bills etc., we base our life, we base our friends, and we base everything. When you realize there's no value, what is there? Fear for those in power.
We think Mexicans are taking jobs, it's bull#. Now they are, but it's not them, they are trying to feed their family, as we do.
It's business, if they had to pay Mexicans the same wages, they would loose their ass.
They will fork as much money out to make us fight and war with each other, so we # our selfs, and blame each other.

They studied subliminal messages in the 50s, in a theatre, it flashed a message, that was too fast for the contious mind to grasp, but the subcontious, suck it up like a spunge. The message read "BUY Popcorn, BUY soda" people ran to concession at the break, and increased sales over 80% increased.
The technology was deemed illegal, and research trashed. Bull#!
Nerofeedback, biofeedback. These are brain altering forms of theropy, with little known facts.
Except for NOW! I had just undergone this treatment, in a town called San Luis obispo ca.
I started to become adjatated, and short tempered.
I began to see waves in my vision, like a distortion.
I thought I was loosing who I was. But at the time I thought it, I thought about my self and how I wished the best for everyone over my exsistance, and I snapped back, and a rush of processing skills and way to view life, came to me. Everyone needs help, everyone's scared, but what everyone believes is true.
If the human mind thinks it, it becomes real even if only for that individual.
When we cast these people out that have labels as crazy, nut, or psycho. We don't realize that leaving them alone and treating them different, truly makes them fit their label.
I've found that a white noise device is kept under most psychologist table or stand. This white noise generator, set low enough for your ears to never pick it up, but as maybe some extra electronics noise, but your sub continuous is being opened and becomes weak to suggestion. It's said a click can hold pages of information, and your subcontious picks it up translates it, usually after you wake up.
This means you actually think it. So now these suggestions are your personal thought, and you have no will anymore, unless you perfectly know who you are, have no Ill will towards people, even when they do for you.
Google sarfeggio tones, brain waves, radiation, body function, electromagnetic fields, and RF signature. When you see these all are the same registered frequency, pattern, or algorithm, you tell me big business is not doing it to us right now. From a buzz of a soda machine, color of an add, or social media. Once we realize this is real, and we need to Watchout for each other, then we can rise up and stop this experiment. Conspiracy? Or fact? Listen to the tones, and tell me I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IntelligenceNH

Thank you for reading, think outside the box, do your own personal research and see if we can get threw to someone. This is the only post I'll ever do. It involves everyone, life it self, slavery, corrupt business, foreign and domestic.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Superb! Star and Flag.

I believe this philosophy is strongly related to the concept of cognitive therapy.

Through conscious efforts we can literally whisk away "bad" stuff while still maintaining vigilance and sound judgement.

It takes effort and practice, but one's awareness and ability to become mentally stronger becomes palpable.

I often see many get caught up in emotional traps and thought feedback loops and really, like they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Great thread talorc.
edit on 21-7-2016 by OneGoal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

You are really full of yourself.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

originally posted by: antiguaEstrella

There is no bad thought, only bad action.

Say wha?

No bad thought? Are you serious with that? There are plenty of harmful and bad thoughts whether the action is carried out or not. Bad thoughts will poison the heart and mind of a person--no action necessary

Bad thoughts are how our minds deal with the future.

If it weren't for bad thoughts we wouldn't avoid anything bad.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Hello whom ever posted. Dude i totally feel and vibe with you at the moment, i have woken up on myself as you described. The problem we have here is our current unpredictable future. Our universe is always in a state of disorder, and seeks to pursue this forever. The time one wakes up will be the time you stand still in the flow of your own ongoing. I have an anxiety which isn't always persistent but only rises when i discuss about nature. By nature i mean everything related to and containing human evolution. For example, A nuclear reactor is only as natural as a badgers damn. The anxieties that i try to alleviate is the knowing of this constant disorder that will exist like you and me. The human race will never wake up again.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Thank you for eloquently speaking this truth Talorc.

Your words are nothing short of inspirational to the highest degree.

Our minds are to be cultivated and shaped. We have been misled about the nature and origin of our thoughts. Developing the state of pure awareness of body/mind is an achievable goal that can begin as simply as asking the question you have asked.... Am I justified in thinking this way?

Next would be how did I begin thinking this way in the first place? At least in my process of understanding. So much of our habitual thought process is debris we have picked up through our experiences. People have become so driven by fear throughout their childhood/adolescence/adulthood that we never really stop and look back.

I would like to thank you again for your kind reminder to reflect and take the reigns of our ego's.

We are simply sculptors who forget we are sculpting!

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Funny, I understand what you are saying- I once saw how this happened to me and termed it a "runaway mind".
I came up with exercises for getting a hold of it, and put effort into this.
But I found my first reflex here was to post an objection, or opposing point of view.

It's just that drive to create balance by having both sides of every topic exposed, not really anything personal!

What you are describing makes sense and is valuable.

On the other hand, I find it worthwhile to consider that sometimes these thought patterns have reasons for the subconscious- do not be too quick to reject or fight them just because their reason for being is not readily apparent.

Sometimes searching to find the reason can help you find other, more effective ways of reaching the same result, or at the very least, to have a certain amount of knowledge about how your body works and how to "train" it differently in the future. I use that work because I find that process is exactly like what one does when training animals, and finding the sources of behaviorisms.

edit on 21-7-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I read your post but really don't know what to think about it........ ha ha, lucky me

Kidding aside, true words of wisdom - Thank you Talorc

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The media or should I say the people who own the media in general work hard to insure most people have disturbing thought patterns looping back and forth in their head.

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I like it.

My favorite saying - It's not the actions of others that count. It's how you react to those actions. Also, thoughts are creative. Nothing in my life happens until I think it and until I get there. What do I want my moments to be filled with? disturbing thoughts? No.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join