It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THIS is Why ALL LEOs Have a Target on Their Backs

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I am saying that, because rightly or wrongly that is what will happen. It cannot be avoided.

What can be avoided a hell of a lot more often, is a police officer ever being able to work law enforcement again after leaving his or her job after shooting an unarmed suspect, a fleeing suspect, or getting roided up and slapping their wife around. Those things happen too damned often.

What can be avoided is institutional violation of the law and good conduct, which is exactly what happened in the case of Braca and his underlings, and the depth of this misconduct, this criminal behaviour within the department over which the Sheriff presided, is indicative of the sort of problems that come about when ass covering becomes more important than honour.

edit on 19-7-2016 by TrueBrit because: Auto correct has found its way into my life without my permission. A thousand poxes upon its progenitors!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

a poorly worded post leads to massive hyperboles and ad Homs.

Nope. It was very well worded and made my point well. It's just not the point you want made. And that's exactly why I presented it as I did.

otherwise another circular argument, because everyone can say they can put any group under some general umbrella, just because of some mistitled effort to show high level corruption in law enforcement.

That wasn't what I did and that wasn't my point. It is the refusal by so many to ignore this bad behavior... to excuse the bad behavior of some while throwing the full force of the law at others... and to pretend that all cops deserve the respect that good cops deserve... which has put a target on the backs of all law enforcement.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

a poorly worded post leads to massive hyperboles and ad Homs.

Nope. It was very well worded and made my point well. It's just not the point you want made. And that's exactly why I presented it as I did.

otherwise another circular argument, because everyone can say they can put any group under some general umbrella, just because of some mistitled effort to show high level corruption in law enforcement.

That wasn't what I did and that wasn't my point. It is the refusal by so many to ignore this bad behavior... to excuse the bad behavior of some while throwing the full force of the law at others... and to pretend that all cops deserve the respect that good cops deserve... which has put a target on the backs of all law enforcement.

if the above was your initial post, this thread might have been effective at conveying your point.

you put a lot of effort, yet fail time and time again to communicate those efforts because of what I think is stubbornness and your own convictions.

this is just constructive criticism.
edit on 19-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Thanks for helping us get to a point where I could explain that and find our common ground. That's where we need to work from... anywhere and everywhere that we can stand together. We can build from that foundation.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Thank you... I appreciate constructive criticism... but you may have to draw me a picture because I don't understand the significance between one and the other.

But I'm happy to be schooled -- if you can... given my stubborness and all

ETA: Thanks for schooling me privately... and so well. My apologies for being so stubborn... I know it and I admit it

edit on 19-7-2016 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
This judge is absolutely right, and it's a good start in addressing our abuse and brutality issues --
Judge throws out ex-L.A. County Sheriff Lee Baca's plea deal, saying six months in prison not enough

But I cannot believe I have not heard about this before now. When BLM is totally unavoidable on virtually all media... and the dead victims of cops playing judge/jury/executioner are dragged through the mud throughout the media... and any/all criticism of law enforcement is declared "anti-cop"... how is it that the criminal investigation, prosecution and guilty plea of the nation's largest county's SHERIFF regarding ABUSE AND BRUTALITY by his deputies is pretty much ignored by the major media??? And all the political talking heads???

Ex-L.A. County Sheriff Lee Baca pleads guilty in jail scandal

Retired Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca pleaded guilty Wednesday to lying to federal investigators, a stunning reversal for the longtime law enforcement leader who for years insisted he played no role in the misconduct that tarnished his agency.

So, technically, this pathetic excuse of a sheriff only pled guilty to lying... what he lied about is more disturbing, such as:
  • The threatening visit to an FBI agent's home
  • Hiding the inmate informant (for the FBI)
  • Halting FBI interview with inmate

And that's just the beginning of his suspected/alleged crimes:

Los Angeles (KABC) -- Eyewitness News has learned that former L.A. County Sheriff Leroy Baca was under investigation by his own department for more than two years for alleged conspiracy to obstruct justice. The L.A. County District Attorney's Office has now declined to file charges against Baca or his former Field Deputy Bishop Edward Turner, who was being investigated for alleged charity fraud and theft.

D.A. declines to file charges against former LASD Sheriff Leroy Baca, Bishop Turner

I had many thoughts come to mind when I read this article, but a couple stand out: This is the largest county in the USA... that's a whole lotta people who were betrayed by a law enforcement official they voted for and put in office.... that's a whole lot more who didn't vote for him, but also know just how corrupt and abusive he was of the people.... and that includes a whole lot of Black people. THIS is what people know. All across the country. Just because ever sheriff or police chief or whatever hasn't been charged and prosecuted doesn't mean it isn't the reality. (Absence of evidence does not equal absence of a crime. Especially when the guilty are investigating themselves.)

THIS sheriff and every one like him are the ones who give ALL officers a bad name... and THEY are the reason ALL LEOs have a target on their back. It's too easy for a few bad apples to spoil the whole bunch, and turning a blind eye to the abuse and corruption is a disservice to every good and honorable LEO out there. They deserve better. Much better.

Most of all, it's absolutely disgraceful and shameful that this abuse and arrogance and corruption is (and has been) pretty much ignored in the national discussion. Trying to find further information turned up lots of local L.A. sources, but not much on the national level. Pathetic.

If we want to stop the wanton killing of law enforcement, we must address the very legitimate concerns of the public and the crimes of too many law enforcement agencies/officers... not all, but too many.

---------------------------------

More:
Hear the lies that federal prosecutors say Sheriff Lee Baca told them
Former deputy testifies about jail beatings, FBI sting
Exclusive: ABC7 Eyewitness News obtains evidence against Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department defendants
Tanaka convicted on conspiracy and obstruction of justice charges -- Baca's righthand man and partner in crime
Plagued By Scandal, Sheriff Lee Baca Resigns to Avoid Bruising Re-Election Battle
Sheriff Lee Baca Facing Tough Re-Election Challenge From Two Top Commanders
Sheriff Baca accused of retaliating against department officials
Investigation: Did Sheriff Lee Baca's fury push deputies to break the law?
Full Disclosure Network: "The News Behind the News"

I don't have a target on any LEO's back. Even the $#%& head abusive rascist cops who SHOULD be taken of the street? I don't want to kill them. I don't want to kill anybody unless they try to take my life and even I wouldnt "WANT" to, it would be necessary. There are better way I think to go about handling Violence. Violence against violence should be the last thing on anybody's mind if they want to STOP violence in my opinion. No hard feelings, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion but, I suggest you excercise caution when talking about such an inflammatory topic. Yes, there are many police officers who are in the wrong but be careful about lumping the bad with the good.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET

I never accused you or anyone of putting a target on anyone's back... I did however point out that those who have declared war on cops make no distinctions between good cops and bad cops... and it's because too damn little is done about the bad cops giving good cops a bad name.

Nor did I ever lump good cops with bad cops. I was very specific.

No hard feelings, but it is exactly this misunderstanding and/or misrepresentation of the OP, resulting in a refusal to call out the bad cops loud and clear and demand accountability by law enforcement, that allows others -- not me -- to lump them all together and put a target on all LEOs backs.

ETA: From my OP:

THIS sheriff and every one like him are the ones who give ALL officers a bad name... and THEY are the reason ALL LEOs have a target on their back. It's too easy for a few bad apples to spoil the whole bunch, and turning a blind eye to the abuse and corruption is a disservice to every good and honorable LEO out there. They deserve better. Much better.

edit on 19-7-2016 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Boadicea

That's why "ALL" of them do, eh?

Way to lump people into groups and then stereotype / dehumanize them.

You do realize that your precise reasoning there cuts a million different ways, hardly any of them good (except maybe in comedy), when applied across all social group inter-relations?

I actually loathe the militarized cops. Attracts a lot of power-trippers. But I very rarely have to deal with them, unlike what's going on in ATS these days all day every day.

Do you have reading comprehension issues or did you not even bother to read the OP and links?
To jump to the conclusion that the post justifies the target is simply ignorant. Knee jerk reactions aren't the answer.
Had you bothered to read the post prior to letting your fingers fly on the keyboard you would have realized that the post was about WHY cops have targets on their backs----NOT that the targets are justified. Jesus Christ on a biscuit----please read before typing!
I'm tickled to death that you don't have to deal with the power-tripper cops. I'm really happy for you but you are not representative of the entire population of the nation. As I've said many, many times, I would have denied that this was happening up until about ten years ago when I ran into my first roided-out freak with a gun and badge. Since then I've been blessed to be harassed by three more. I'm a 62 year old, whitish grandma. I'm not the least bit threatening in appearance or behavior but I was treated like I was a giant, scary brute because I did not know that the little light bulb over my plate had burned out or because I had failed to buckle up. It was ridiculous for five cops to approach a car with their hands on their guns because the occupants failed to buckle up.
You don't actually have to deal with ATS every day---maybe you need to take a time out if you can't bother to read and understand when such excellent pieces are posted. It is abundantly clear that you simply responded to the title without bothering to read the content.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Thanks for understanding the real point of the OP -- I appreciate that!

And thanks for sharing your own experiences. It's easy to brush it off as a racial issue, and I'm sure that may be true for some abusive cops; but bullies are bullies, and if they'll use their power and authority to abuse one of us, they'll use it to abuse any of us.

But that's why those controlling the narrative are so determined to keep it focused on race... and those "statistics" to insist the Black community "deserves it"... and to keep us fighting each other.

The really sad thing is that studies have shown that in the big picture, a handful of cops are responsible for the vast majority of brutality complaints/lawsuits and settlements. And studies have also shown that in the big picture, a handful of gangbangers are responsible for the majority of crime. Everyone has to stop blaming the many for the sins of the few.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
LA and Orange County sheriff are horribly corrupt.

Its real bad.

From what I've been told by a few IRS agents and a couple AUSAs in the L.A. office, you are absolutely correct. And it extends also to defense attorneys and other areas. Probably the AUSAs that were telling me this, too.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

"Speaking UP" isn't a reason to kill.
You would see ALL black people slaughtered when the white people loose it?
NO not ALL of anything ,anyone ,anywhere,is required to die.
ESPECIALLY not for something as rediculous as SKIN and racial prejudice.
HERES an idea EVACUATE California before it's collapse.
It's law makers are insane and prices parallel that.
edit on 20-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

"Speaking UP" isn't a reason to kill.

Of course not!

You would see ALL black people slaughtered when the white people loose it?

I don't think I understand what you're asking me... When which White people lose what? I don't understand why anyone (except murdering racists) would want to kill all Blacks. Regardless, I guess it's possible that some (but not all) White people might try to kill all Black people, but I don't see it as likely.

NO not ALL of anything ,anyone ,anywhere,is required to die.

Again, I don't understand the point you're trying to make... technically, yes, we all die sooner or later because of one thing or another.

ESPECIALLY not for something as rediculous as SKIN and racial prejudice.

True, death does not discriminate for any reason. We all go sooner or later.

HERES an idea EVACUATE California before it's collapse.

Been there, done that.

It's law makers are insane and prices parallel that.

I think that's why it's called the Granola State... full of flakes and nuts!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join