It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THIS is Why ALL LEOs Have a Target on Their Backs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Boadicea

Bad cops are bad cops. They prey on everyone...

And too often are protected from the legal consequences of their predatory ways.

...but why is it that you are excusing one group for doing this?

I am not excusing anyone for anything. Recognizing and identifying the problem is not excusing.

To me, this is no different than self-annointed "patriots" and their "2nd Amendment Remedies"... or declaring that the "tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants." When folks are desperate and have no place to run, they fight back. Especially from government tyranny.

And please note, I have often stated that I would not join any armed revolt against the country for any reason.

No one sees other groups running around perpetrating mass cop killings all of a sudden and yet bad cops are going to prey on all of us.

What??? That means nothing to me and has nothing to do with the OP.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Not really. It's not the same.

But I suppose if you want to abolish all police ... we can also talk about abolishing all Muslims and maybe abolishing every ethnic group with a crime percentage above a certain level ...

I'm sure this would end up well.

But what you don't see is how you are helping create the problem. Everyone wants the cop there to save them when they are threatened. Don't lie. If you have someone invading your home with two or three buddies, all armed, tonight, you are going to want the cops there.

You put the cop in the position of demanding he enforce the law and protect. Then you go around telling everyone they ought not respect any cop because some cops are bad. This sets people up to not respect any cop and puts the cops, good and bad, in a hard position. They end up dealing with people who are automatically assuming that the encounter will be bad, no matter what, and they act like they have a chip on their shoulder, without respect. This sets the tone and sets everything up for failure from the word go.

I've been hassled by cops a couple times. Some can be major jackholes. I never claimed there aren't bad cops, but it's better to get through an encounter and complain and report them than it is to act tough and push the cop. Is your life worth being defiant and giving lip and running because of a traffic ticket?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

...this is you, the one who defends against every single premise of BLM criticism at every turn...

I have never defended against any -- much less every - premise of BLM criticism. In fact, I have nothing but criticism for BLM. You are the one who cannot see past BLM to the very real issues involved.

A shame the way you have to frame, too, this is actually a good story.

Right back atcha.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Gee, I hate to burst your bubble, but the world does not revolve around Los Angeles. If you hadn't posted about it no one would have known.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
All cops are bad.
All Muslims are terrorists.
All Asians are crappy drivers.
Women belong in the kitchen.
All Mexicans just do lawn work.

blah-de-blah-de-blah

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Do you know what the shepherd does to a sheepdog that harms his flock?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

The judge appears to understand what reasonable people need from their law enforcement officials and heads of departments, be they the sheriffs, or the deputies under their control. Absolute accountability.

Police officers of any rank, MUST be firmly reprimanded when they violate the law. The reason for this is simple. First, individuals responsible for maintaining law and order, must epitomise and bring honour and trust to their position, through outstanding standards of conduct at all times, without fail. They must, whether in or out of uniform, at home or at work, and in EVERY little detail of their lives, follow the law, be unquestionably trustworthy. The reason for this is that once one takes up the mantle of an officer of the law, one has a responsibility which does not end when ones shift does, to the public. The public must not only SEE noble, decent, kind, but effective police, but HAVE police who carry those virtues, and ONLY those virtues, NONE of the serious flaws shown in this case, and in others over the years.

Police forces should not contain steroid heads, men who would shoot unarmed, cuffed suspects in the back, or sheriffs departments run like gangs, where FBI operatives are bundled out of prisons and to several different locations, other agents visited and threatened in their homes. These are the behaviours one expects from sociopaths, NOT upholders of the law.

When the public see this sort of thing happening, they have no reason to continue to trust the police in their locality. None what so ever.

Now, some might argue that "If you said that about the behaviour of one or small number of gang bangers amongst the black youth, or about one or a small number of Muslims, you would be called a racist and rightly so". I call bull, and here's why.

First of all, being born, or converting to a religion, does not identify one with everyone who was either born with the same colour skin one has, or converted to the religion one did. They are positions of individuality. It is not a young black persons job to represent everyone on the planet who shares his or her skin tone. It is not a Muslims job to be an advertisement for their whole faith. Those people are individuals who have made choices in their lives that mean that they retain the ability to mess up, and have it only effect them and their families and friends, rather than whole communities. Acting right and doing right by others, for those people is a matter of their personal honour alone.

But a police officer or other law enforcement official, HAS a responsibility not only to themselves, but to the people they work with, to do as near to perfect a job as they can, and above all other things to do the job honestly. If one cannot trust that only persons capable of going an entire career without doing something that would bring shame to the force of which they are apart, are ever allowed to become officers, what the hell right does any police force have, to expect respect from the people?

If the police force need treating better, then they have to either get closer to perfect at their jobs, or accept that when a judge comes along to sort them out, that they are going to get the stuffing kicked out of them in court.

Personally, mental illness or not, I would like to see this gent smacked about like a piñata for being such a massive tool.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

But a police officer or other law enforcement official, HAS a responsibility not only to themselves, but to the people they work with, to do as near to perfect a job as they can, and above all other things to do the job honestly. If one cannot trust that only persons capable of going an entire career without doing something that would bring shame to the force of which they are apart, are ever allowed to become officers, what the hell right does any police force have, to expect respect from the people?

If the police force need treating better, then they have to either get closer to perfect at their jobs, or accept that when a judge comes along to sort them out, that they are going to get the stuffing kicked out of them in court.

Personally, mental illness or not, I would like to see this gent smacked about like a piñata for being such a massive tool.

Sure an officer has responsibility to uphold the law, and thus they should at least be held to the same standard, if not a higher standard. But why should all cops be judged by this guy in LA. I live in a rural town in Pennsylvania, shuld the few local cops here also be targeted because of the actions of this guy in LA? Why stop there then. Should we judge British police too by the actions of this man, I mean after all they have chosen that profession.

You say that a police force should not pick anyone that may cause them any shame at any point, well how in the world would they do that. Have you never meant a person that did something wrong and you said to yourself, "I can't believe they would do that". Yet you claim that if a police force highers anyone who does anything wrong, we should have no respect for them. Well good luck in your world with no cops aftter we find out it is impossible to see if someone may do something stupid in the future.

You are right when you say police that are corrupt should have the book thrown at them. I would take it a step further and say if it can be proven that a cop knowingly breaks a law and is dishonest about it or tries to cover it up, they should get double the penalty of a nromal person. But your insistence that police represent all other police is absurd.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a poorly worded post leads to massive hyperboles and ad Homs.

in my opinion,
its not Lee Bacca to worry about or make threads on cases which already have an agreement by all parties involved;
its the possibly more or far worse than Bacca still in power people should be trying to expose and make threads about.
otherwise another circular argument, because everyone can say they can put any group under some general umbrella, just because of some mistitled effort to show high level corruption in law enforcement.

in a different time, with different current events, this would have been an applauded thread with l a lot less confrontation.
edit on 19-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The reason people are tarred with this brush, unfairly might I add, is that the media, BLM and academia have shoved the narrative down our throats so far. I criticized our legal system and some police in my intial post did I not? My point is the lies of BLM and their supporters have drown out all reasonable discussion.

BLM has discredited themselves too many times and ways to count. They don't deserve ANY attention. Every bit of attention given them takes away from the very real issues we are faced with... and gives them more support because people think they're the ONLY ones addressing the problems. Ignoring everyone and everything else to focus on BLM only feeds the beast.

So you are ok lumping in one group of people because of the actions of a few, but not lumping in another group? You seem quite reasonable.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about? Who? What group? What few?

I can post links too. www.city-journal.org... 1.html

Apparently not.

The point is if you ask cops, they would have more of a fear of a black criminal being violent.

More than who? I would be very interested in asking all of the Black cops who feel threatened by their fellow police who they would be more afraid of... their fellow Black men or their fellow cops. I'm betting it would be a draw.

So why are you (correctly) unwilling to say all lack people have a target on their back, but will do that for cops? Is your bias showing through?

What I refuse to say -- correctly -- is that "ALL cops have put a target on ALL Blacks." SOME cops, however, have put a target on ALL Blacks.

But those who have declared a war on cops (for want of a better word) have in fact declared a war on ALL cops. They are the ones not making any distinction. They have not even declared ALL cops EXCEPT Black cops.

You are jsutifying it based on the fat that you are saying blacks should not have a target on them. Fine lets take away the phrase justifying --

Thank you.

-- why can you understand cops having a target on them, but not blacks?

Because they told us so!!! If someone says they're putting a target on someone and tells us why, then I understand that someone put a target on them and why they put a target on them. I also understand that desperate people do desperate things.

And yeah, there are crappy cops. But the reason that this problem will never be solved is because of people like you and BLM.

Yeah, right, because I'm EF Hutton...

You jump at any blame that police have, which there is certainly some, and yet ignore the lies told by BLM and others...

Back to BLM again while completely and totally ignoring the OP...

I ignore nothing. The sins of the BLM do not excuse the sins of law enforcement.

...and even worse refuse to recognize any culpability in inner cityy black communities where most of these police shootings of blacks occur.

Again, nope... not ignoring it, just not addressing it here and now. One does not preclude the other... it's not an either/or situation.

As long as the main narrative being pushed by people like you, the media, our president, BLm and academia is that blacks are always oppressed and never at fault for anything, then no positive change will occur.

Please. I never said any such thing. That says far more about you than me.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It is unavoidable, as ridiculous as it may seem to you. And do not take my word for it. How many graduations at a police academy, start with some pep talk nonsense speech containing an appeal to the graduates, to uphold the law, and take seriously their responsibility to the badge? How many of those same speeches reference the group identity of police officers, the family like structure which renders police officers all over the damned place as just one step down from blood kin?

These are not concepts I have invented.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

It should have been titled about the actual story. Instead she framed it as a quazi-race bait piece.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Look if you are not a BLM supporter I apologize. It is unfair of me to rush to judgement no matter what the circumstance, and I am sincerely sorry.

I dont get the wording of your thread though. When you say all LEO's have a target on a back, and you don't feel that way you just are pointing out the facts, which group or groups has put this target on their backs? Do you feel that we should speak out against the groups that are putting targets on the police?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Not really. It's not the same.

But I suppose if you want to abolish all police ... we can also talk about abolishing all Muslims and maybe abolishing every ethnic group with a crime percentage above a certain level ...

That's not me... that never even occurred to me and never would...

I'm sure this would end up well.[/quote[
I don't!

But what you don't see is how you are helping create the problem.

Holding law enforcement responsible and accountable for their crimes is not creating any problem.

Then you go around telling everyone they ought not respect any cop because some cops are bad.

How freaking pathetic. I never said, implied, or suggested any such thing and you know it.

This sets people up to not respect any cop and puts the cops, good and bad, in a hard position.

I seriously can't even believe you said that -- much less think it.

No. Telling everyone they ought to respect all cops because some cops are good is what sets people up to not respect any cop and puts the good cops in a hard position.

They end up dealing with people who are automatically assuming that the encounter will be bad, no matter what, and they act like they have a chip on their shoulder, without respect. This sets the tone and sets everything up for failure from the word go.

Exactly... but for the exact OPPOSITE reason than you claim.

Ergo, THIS is why ALL cops have a target on their back.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creep Thumper

Gee, I hate to burst your bubble, but the world does not revolve around Los Angeles. If you hadn't posted about it no one would have known.

Thanks for making my point.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What does any of that have to do with the fact that you are suggesting that if police forces do not possess the magical ability to see in the future and never hire any person that may shame them in the future the common person should have no respect for any police?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Beautifully said, True Brit. Thank you so much for taking the time to make such a thoughtful reply.

Next pint's on me!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Look if you are not a BLM supporter I apologize. It is unfair of me to rush to judgement no matter what the circumstance, and I am sincerely sorry.

Thank you.

I dont get the wording of your thread though. When you say all LEO's have a target on a back, and you don't feel that way you just are pointing out the facts, which group or groups has put this target on their backs?

BLM for one... but especially desperate and disturbed individuals who have taken the issues to heart in the worst way. BLM has deliberatly set themselves up as a "leader-full" in which many can "lead" and theoretically "represent" the organization. This is just one way they are exploiting the angry masses so to speak, and inciting individual acts of violence, especially against police. Much like terrorists... which isn't a coincidence or accident.

Do you feel that we should speak out against the groups that are putting targets on the police?

Hell yes!!!

But we can't hold others accountable if we don't hold everyone accountable. We must also make obvious public efforts to hold bad cops responsible and accountable... Any less will just be empty words.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I agree with everything in that post.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   
There are good cops and bad cops. I don't think anyone will dispute that. But I believe there is more involved in putting a target on every cop's back than the idea that some cops are bad. True, some of the bad cops are 'really' bad. Worse than most of the people they arrest. But that doesn't put a blanket target on every cop. Bad cops have been around a long long time. This targeting police is relatively new.

Our judicial system is corrupt and I see it as more of the problem than a few rogue cops. When is the last time anyone walked in to traffic court honestly believing they were innocent until proven guilty? Has ANYONE ever believed that? I know I never have. Either I 'prove' my innocence or I better have money to pay the fine and the court costs.

Just think about what happens in prisons every day. Everyone knows about it. Everyone. Yet nothing is done to stop it. The people running the prisons and guarding the inmates are supposed to do more than just prevent breakouts. Yet we hear more and more of these guards involved in drug smuggling and profiteering every day. I know a detention center in Alabama where the food is clearly marked "not for human consumption' but it gets served every day. Why? Because the state pays a fixed amount every month for food based on the census of the center. Any money left over - the warden gets to keep. What kind of moron set that system up? Just like most offenders, the warden didn't need a reason to do this just an opportunity.

There are many things that need fixing in this country, as great as it is. And none of them will be resolved by gunning down cops in the streets. I refuse to believe that anyone thinks this will make things better in any way. Its going to get worse. Much worse before it ever gets better. Its going to be a hell of a ride...
edit on 19-7-2016 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join