It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wichita Ks, Black Lives Matter Police Cookout

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gumerk
Good job Wichita KS community!

"It becomes harder to hate when there is familiarity."~C Rizzy

"We have got to demilitarize our police departments so they don't look like occupying armies. We've got to move toward community policing, and fourthly, we have got to make our police departments look like the communities they serve in their diversity."~ Bernie Sanders

THAT! That right there, is how you do it!!!! Thank you for posting something so beautifully positive!! Cheers to Whichita PD, Sheriff's department and all the beautiful locals that came together to work it out!! MORE OF THIS AMERICA!!!! PLEEEEAAAASSSSEEEE!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

And a star and a flag!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This made me feel good. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Even those who can't...

This was an incredibly good idea, and the folks who thought it up are to be commended. This is Nobel prize worthy stuff...small, seemingly insignificant--yet works miracles that we'll never see.

Well done, Wichita.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I am baffled that the threads about mocking, racism and negative things in general - make it to posts of 800 or more. Then we have a thread that is trying to conquer the divide and it is ignored.

I shared these videos on FB and sent the links to everyone on my phone list.

Hope this goes viral.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ReAdY2AsCeNd

This is hardly a new phenomenon, my friend.

Bad press sells. Good doesn't.

Bad news helps move agendas, good news seldom does. It's worked that way since before the invention of the printing press, or even, dare I say, language itself...

Our remotest ancestors? Drought is bad news, used that as a reason to move. Plentiful rain, good news, no reason to move.

It's the very essence of human nature. It would be nice if we could raise above the nature, but hardly surprising when we don't.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yes...especially those who can't

top topics

<< 1   >>

join