It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Do People Actually CARE What a Politician Says?

page: 1

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:05 PM
We are enjoying the 'fallout' from Meliania Trump's alleged plagarism of Michelle Obama. A couple of things on that of note are a) she didn't write that speech some moron with a political science degree did (probably now unemployed) and b) the spouse speeches are extremely formulaic to begin with so really they have all sounded the same since the beginning of time as they are more or less just vetting their husbands.

I also thought that if some speech writer was going to rip off a speech he could have picked a better one because, frankly, it was boring and pretty crappy except for the part where she spoke about her Slovenian heritage (which I personally didn't know).

Okay, so I am switching gears here and about to go all right wing on you so here are some things said by Hilary Clinton that apparently are completely ignored by her little trained minions. You could probably put together a bunch of stupid stuff every candidates say, but it is especially interesting with Hilary because she (and Obama) are two of the most 'handled' politicians in history.

Every thing Hilary and Obama say goes through a focus group and is approved by the folks that give them their daily talking points (also one of the reasons Trump is actually fun to watch because he says stupid crap as he is often without a script).

So, with all that set up and reasoning behind why I don't even think any of us listen to what these people say unless the media tells us about it and what to think here are some Hilary whoppers for your enjoyment. Do you care about what she has said or does it even matter unless CNN tells you to care?

First, Hilary shows her disdain for her own constituents...

I love this next one...Hilary doesn't ASSUME he wants to live...he should have explicitly told the hag that, yes, I indeed DO want to live thank you...what a tool.

Next is the one that pisses me off personally the most of all as she blatantly attacks my 2nd Amendment rights...

Now Hilary laughs about the child molester she got off on a technicality...what a peach she is...

Here arrogant Hilary assumes we won't hold her accountable...she is probably right...

And one last frightening quote...Hilary wants to raise your children for you...

Anyway, we all have our biases, but I think I actually despise this woman for factual reasons. Do you even care what she says? Does it matter unless the media TELLS you to be angry? I think there is enough on Hilary to damn her for the person she truly is, but I don't think anyone is listening.

We only seem to listen when a talking head tells us to care.

edit on 2016/7/19 by Metallicus because: Readability Update

edit on 2016/7/19 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:18 PM
a reply to: Metallicus

It's an odd situation. We should listen to what they they say so we can hold them accountable when they are caught lying.

But they always lie and are never held accountable. They are all without exception completely full of snip.

I don't don't pay attention to what they say. Whenever I see one talking on TV all I hear is "Blah blah blah, I'm a dirty whore, blah blah blah.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:20 PM

Why do politicians think we need them in our lives?

Why can't they just leave us all alone!!!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:22 PM

If people really listened to the crap these politicians spewed:

1) Hillary would have been tried and convicted a long time ago.

2) We would have better candidates to choose from.

No. America is doing whippets, and that swooshing sound in our ears is the sound of our brain cells dying (#BrianCellsMatter) as the drool oozed from our crooked jaws.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:27 PM
Leave it to a right winger to post without doing any fact checking. Everything you posted that Hillary said is completely false.
7 Hillary Clinton quotes on the Internet that are complete fakes

"I will get the NRA shut down for good if I become president. If we can ban handguns, we will do it." -- Hillary Clinton, interview with the Des Moines Register, Aug. 8, 2015:

This quote is a fabrication.

PolitiFact Iowa -- a partnership between PolitiFact and the Des Moines Register -- gave it a Pants on Fire rating. "Clinton was never quoted in the Register making that statement, and it appears she has not made such a statement anywhere else," PolitiFact Iowa wrote. Not only that, but Clinton wasn’t even in Iowa on Aug. 8, and was not interviewed by the Register on that date.

And if you read the article you will find out the rest of you post is BS too.
edit on 9780000005431America/ChicagoTue, 19 Jul 2016 17:28:54 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:30 PM

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why can't they just leave us all alone!!!

Because without us they would have to get real jobs?

a reply to: DBCowboy

They're parasites.

People are not that stupid.

Nobody is getting excitited about a 30 carpetbagger.

This Nation is going to elect Trump.

Wait until the debate, he will chrush her.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:40 PM
people only care if a politician promises to give them something or it says that he or she will take away something.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:41 PM
a reply to: watchitburn
agreed, i pay no attention to what they say i`m more interest in what they have done,what they done in the past is the true way to judge their character.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:51 PM

With the exception of Ron and Rand Paul, I cant watch/listen to more than 10-15 seconds of any politician.

I dont know how people do it.

edit on 19-7-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:08 PM
We often tend to focus on celebrity, we were raised to do that (see Hollywood). Politicians are celebrities, presiders, masters of ceremony, game show hosts.

They aren't solely responsible though.

The Military decides it needs some thing. That costs money. The corporations say, we'll build it if we have the money. Banks will loan the money if they get paid. The congress says no problem we'll pass legislation to guarantee the payments. The tax payer foots the bill, and they weren't even consulted.

If it goes right the politicians take the credit, if it goes wrong they'll take the blame. They are the focus but only slightly responsible.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:11 PM
a reply to: whyamIhere

Wait until the debate, he will chrush her.

I doubt it. He will use his phrases with no plan to back them. He will say "build a wall" she will say they have tunnels dumbass. He will say bury it deeper she will say they have ladders.

Then I think she will bring up some miniscule country like say Tonga... or just country 73.5.. She will say should we spend 100 million on 73.5? Trump will say no. His followers will applaud. Hillary will say country 73.5 is the first radar we have for something coming..... He will be dumbfounded.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:33 PM

Apparently, the reasons you despise her are not factual. Most of your OP is Hoax memes, this should be hoax binned.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:40 PM
No and neither sould anybody else. They only sell 2 things. Lies and bullcrap

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 02:32 AM

I dont know if they do or not but what if the politicians said nothing during their time they were supposed to be representing us?

We then go to an election booth to fill a out a voting form and we have no idea of what they have said or not said during the last term. So on what basis then are we going to make our decision as to who to vote for?

The obvious answer is vote by party affiliation alone but if no politician said anything during their term, how would we know wether or not the party concerned did or didn't do anything useful.

That leaves us to vote by party affiliation on the basis that "I vote for this party because they are the best no matter what." Well, what does that say about us?

Whose the stupid one?

top topics