It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Shot Dead In Kansas City

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Pssst...

Kansas City is in Missouri.

Pssst...

Which Kansas City are you referring to?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

CNN

Zeigler told reporters the officer was looking for four people in a car around 2 p.m. when the vehicle was spotted and a chase began. The chase ended about 2 miles from where the suspects were initially reported to a 911 dispatcher.
"As Capt. Melton was arriving, the suspects bailed from the vehicle and opened fire," the chief said. "I don't have any more details than that."

Another officer who had just arrived called for assistance, police spokesman Thomas Tomasic said earlier during a briefing at the scene of the shooting.

Yeah, that's basically what i heard.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I would guess the Missouri side just because it's the largest and has the worst neighborhoods generally, but KCK has its own bad areas, too.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: opethPA

Sadly, most people here won't care because unlike certain groups, with police officers, when one steps out of line, they are all bad and rotten and it's a valid excuse to murder all the others.

Before I was issued my badge, it was made clear to all the members of my class, that we were first and foremost to police each other. I have, on occasion, beat an LEO to within an inch of their life, taken their badge, credentials, firearms, broken into their house, roughed up their families, recovered everything that looked like it could belong to a cop ... and made it very clear ... "You are all permanently ostracized from the family." And, I've heard stories of it being far worse, with nary an official question being uttered.

The reason: To prevent exactly what you said from happening. It's just not like that anymore ... and honestly, hindsight being 20/20, it was a losing battle back then. It all goes back to parenting and these progressive norms.

If law enforcement is NOT to be trusted ... then they're nothing more than a State armed gang. Sadly, this is becoming a more apparent state of being within the communities of Law Enforcement. I, for one, will never call them for assistance. It's just not worth the risk.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Good lord, I have a cousins in law enforcement. One in this town.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Snarl

Good lord, I have a cousins in law enforcement. One in this town.

I might trust a blood relative. Only ever had one in law enforcement, and he was never geographically close.

There have been some insightful remarks made on the boards recently. Ones about how there's a certain group of cops who do the wrong thing all the time and how their partners just seem to go with the flow. Apparently there are no officers willing to conduct 'an intervention' as described in my last post.

Anyway ... it's bad business for a police captain to be murdered. I'll guarantee you this ... somebody's gonna pay.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: opethPA

Not much info so far..just another life lost...
Its possible that it was friendly fire, its more likely that a waste of flesh criminal empowered by the recent BS cause this.
Need more info before saying for sure either way.

the post directly below you didnt need anymore info before blm was blamed.

this is where assumptions brings us.

originally posted by: Metallicus

This is getting friggin' ridiculous.

I am sad to say that if cops weren't trigger happy before they sure will be now. Well done, BLM, well done.

T & P to the officer's family.

BLM has been responsible for at least 4 or 5 police ambushes in less than 10 days. It's not unrealistic to expect this is much different. But yes, we should wait.

I take it you will admit your quoted post was right if the information comes out this was indeed another targeted killing?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

originally posted by: Mianeye
180 police officers have been killed/injured by gun so far in the US this year.

No wonder they are trigger happy, what a #ty job...

Lucky they do not work construction jobs where the death rate is 12 per day

www.osha.gov...

How many police are there total vs. the amount of construction workers?

Also, workplace accidents are worlds different than getting shot at.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I was pointing out the numbers 84 people are killed working in the construction industry per week in the USA , yet they do not have a big ho ha about it .

How many cops are killed in a normal year 40 + compared to nearly 4000 construction workers per year , so being a cop is not that deadly , more Americans die falling out of the bath per year .

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Pssst...

Kansas City is in Missouri.

Psst, there is a Kansas City in both Missouri and Kansas. KCMO is bigger, but KCKS exists across the river.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
The BR shooter was a resident of KCMO, where the standoff took place on Sunday. The situation today took place in KCKS, and as far as I know there is no connection.

Was born and raised here, have lived on both sides of the state line, most confusing thing is the street names and numbers

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Not much info so far..just another life lost...
Its possible that it was friendly fire, its more likely that a waste of flesh criminal empowered by the recent BS cause this.
Need more info before saying for sure either way.

the post directly below you didnt need anymore info before blm was blamed.

this is where assumptions brings us.

I am sad to say that if cops weren't trigger happy before they sure will be now. Well done, BLM, well done.

BLM has been responsible for at least 4 or 5 police ambushes in less than 10 days. It's not unrealistic to expect this is much different. But yes, we should wait.

I take it you will admit your quoted post was right if the information comes out this was indeed another targeted killing?

How was BLM responsible?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

The OP didn't type it directly, but you were the first to throw BLM into an unrelated post. Is there some type of prize if you type those three letters the most that I am not aware of?

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

This made me pause.

I have to disagree to some degree.

BLM's feet should be held to the fire up to the point where we can all feel certain they're no longer supporting these attacks. Each and every one should be arbitrarily attributed to them, just as they are arbitrarily condemning every cop for individual instances of bad-cop action (have we actually got the goods on a bad cop, killing a black guy, who wasn't a career criminal, or shouldn't have been stopped for any reason whatsoever (excluding accidents)?).

And, why is it that the AG hasn't referred charges against the BLM leadership yet. How many more cops have to die before reasonable action is taken.

Won't be long before people start firing pot shots into groups of these protestors. Just watch.

Was so funny watching them scatter like cockroaches when gunfire erupted near one of their marches.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
What is interesting, neither the Dallas shooter or the BR shooter claimed belonging to BLM, but because both shooters were black, that is being inferred. We don't even know the race of the shooter in today's shooting, but BLM is being blamed. Jesus, this used to be a really intelligent sight, but now seems occupied by the ignorant.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I live just a few miles from KCK - to me, it's just another day in the "dot." That's what the locals call Wyandotte County, Kansas, which is almost synonymous with Kansas City, Kansas. They even have a unified government.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

T & P?

Not even the dignity to type out thoughts and prayers. And already blaming BLM?

As if criminals did not take shots at officers during pursuits before blm existed. Wow. Nice.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Whether related or not.

A family has just been delivered a blow that no family deserves.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

I have no tolerance for people that break the law..

That's a good position.

The only problem is "whose interpretation" of the law are you referring to?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Y'all do understand the concept of Due Process, and the Jury's job of deciding if the law applies in certain situations?.

No, don't think most do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join