It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Shot Dead In Kansas City

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: opethPA

originally posted by: MisterSpock
"empowered by the recent BS"

Seemed to imply some connection, albeit small, to being related or a result of the current tensions between the public and the police.

It's not a stretch to imagine some criminal feeling empowered to act a certain way because of recent events.

Notice though i said "Its possible" and "more likely" neither of which are definitive statements like my closing of "Need more info before saying for sure either way"

what does implying anything on this website always leads to?
sure you put some uncertainty in your post, but we all know where you want this thread to go. otherwise why even mention it.

this is the same tactic MSM uses. its been rampant on here lately.

Like I said in my other reply..I dont want anything other than needless deaths to stop.

I have no tolerance for people that break the law..If someone thinks they are better than me because they are a criminal great..I personally could care less.

So again, I dont want this to go anywhere other than my long standing dislike of criminals and cowards who think they are above the law be they cops , businessmen, civilians or whomever.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
180 police officers have been killed/injured by gun so far in the US this year.

No wonder they are trigger happy, what a #ty job...

Lucky they do not work construction jobs where the death rate is 12 per day

www.osha.gov...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Seemed to imply some connection, albeit small, to being related or a result of the current tensions between the public and the police.

It's not a stretch to imagine some criminal feeling empowered to act a certain way because of recent events.

Notice though i said "Its possible" and "more likely" neither of which are definitive statements like my closing of "Need more info before saying for sure either way"

I saw the qualifiers you used, I guess it just depends on perspective.

It wasn't a stretch for you to imagine it's another attack on police due to these "emotional times". It also seems that thought there was no information to support it, you jumped to the "possibilities" that it was.

It's okay to want it, I won't tell anyone.

I actually dont want anything other than for needless deaths to stop.

If you want to derail the thread with your agenda have at it.

I ended my OP with a clear statement of "More info needed before saying anything for sure either way." Sorry you dont like that wording..

My Agenda!!!!!!

Now that's a rip.

What is my agenda? I really don't know. Can you help me find it?

I don't care about black people, or white people, or purple people, or cops, or politicians or anyone for that matter. And I'm not saying that in a "all people are equal I see no division" way, I just don't care.

Funny, I thought I was pointing out the agenda of others to group all these "incidences" together in order to further push their agenda. Even if the players are unaware they are doing it.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Accidents and murder is two different things.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
According to the live news conference at 4:00 pm CDT, the race of the officer or the suspects was not released. No further official information will be released until 10:00am tomorrow morning.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Thanks.

Anyone know why this is so vastly different from ODMP"

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

The source i provided covers both death and non fatal injuries, so that is likely why it's higher.
edit on 19-7-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Thanks.

Anyone know why this is so vastly different from ODMP"

OK, they have now released the race of the downed officer, thoughts of peace and love to his family. I lived in KCK back in the late 70's, early 80's, I always remember the KCK police being decent guys and girls.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

CNN

Zeigler told reporters the officer was looking for four people in a car around 2 p.m. when the vehicle was spotted and a chase began. The chase ended about 2 miles from where the suspects were initially reported to a 911 dispatcher.
"As Capt. Melton was arriving, the suspects bailed from the vehicle and opened fire," the chief said. "I don't have any more details than that."

Another officer who had just arrived called for assistance, police spokesman Thomas Tomasic said earlier during a briefing at the scene of the shooting.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

originally posted by: Mianeye
180 police officers have been killed/injured by gun so far in the US this year.

No wonder they are trigger happy, what a #ty job...

Lucky they do not work construction jobs where the death rate is 12 per day

www.osha.gov...

Lots of construction workers running towards gunfire instead of away from it?

Answering domestic dispute calls?

Man with a gun calls?

No? Thought not. Falling off a scaffolding, while tragic, is not the same as being murdered while eating your lunch, or while sitting in your car, or while trying to help somebody, or while trying to save somebody. Cops do not have the most dangerous job in the world, no. What cops do have is a job that has people that want to kill you simply for having the job.

I may be mistaken, but I don't recall ever hearing about somebody murdering crab fishermen because they were crab fishermen.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I saw the qualifiers you used, I guess it just depends on perspective.

It wasn't a stretch for you to imagine it's another attack on police due to these "emotional times". It also seems that thought there was no information to support it, you jumped to the "possibilities" that it was.

It's okay to want it, I won't tell anyone.

I actually dont want anything other than for needless deaths to stop.

If you want to derail the thread with your agenda have at it.

I ended my OP with a clear statement of "More info needed before saying anything for sure either way." Sorry you dont like that wording..

Spock definitely has an agenda IMO! Must be frustrating that all us violent white extremist aren't the ones as of late killing cops!

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Pssst...

Kansas City is in Missouri.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Just heard on the news he was responding to a drive by shooting call. He got there and dudes got out of the car and fired multiple shots and murdered him. They new he was a cop and killed him. Hope I painted that right.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

There's one in Kansas and one in Missouri. Or part is in Kansas and part in Missouri. That always confuses me.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Okay. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Sadly, most people here won't care because unlike certain groups, with police officers, when one steps out of line, they are all bad and rotten and it's a valid excuse to murder all the others.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
a reply to: Bone75

There's one in Kansas and one in Missouri. Or part is in Kansas and part in Missouri. That always confuses me.

I live here.

Kansas City is split by the state line. So there is KCK (Kansas City, Kansas) and KCMO (Kansas City, Missouri). Each side has it's own mayor and council and school district, police and fire etc., so the operate as separate cities on each side of the state line. It leads to some royal road messes too because each city can designate major road projects as can each state.
edit on 19-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
isnt that where the other killer was from?

same city?

did they call the police or was there another situation happening?

another ambush?

It was a call and I'm going with ambush.

The got out of the car and started firing at the cop.

He was still in his car as far as i can tell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join