It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DRUDGE: Exclusive: AILES Leaves FOXNEWS $40+ Million Parachute

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Just breaking on a banner on Drudge. Apparently Drudge has the exclusive so there will be more soon. This may have something to do with Meghan Kelly announcing today that she was also sexually harassed ten years ago by Ailes...More soon.

HEADLINE just changed to:

AILES FOXNEWS DRAMA

...so maybe Drudge jumped the gun.
www.drudgereport.com...

edit on 19-7-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
UPDATE:
THIS Just added to top of Drudge page:

'Roger Ailes has never sexually harassed Megyn Kelly. In fact, he has spent much of the last decade promoting and helping her to achieve the stardom she earned, for which she has repeatedly and publicly thanked him'...

www.drudgereport.com...

Looks like Drudge jumped the gun...is backtracking...or still setting up it's page for the story. Weird to watch in real time.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

This is not an exclusive. I've been reading about it for the last 1/2 hour.

Several more sources already.

radaronline.com...
www.thedailybeast.com...
www.thewrap.com...

edit on 7/19/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

'ABC' had a story earlier today that mentioned Ailes may resign from FOX.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I saw the earlier stories about Kelly.

Looks like Drudge thinks they have an exclusive on the actual resignation.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This could be a new era for Fox without the creeper...One that is truly Fair and Balanced.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Looks like Drudge DID have it first...but walked it back, as I suggested.
From your source:

Fox initially confirmed Drudge’s report to The Daily Beast, and subsequently walked back that confirmation.
Additionally, Drudge replaced a headline touting the buyout with a new one on "Fox News Drama," including a statement from the network: “Roger Ailes has never sexually harassed Megyn Kelly.

In fact, he has spent much of the last decade promoting and helping her to achieve the stardom she earned, for which she has repeatedly and publicly thanked him.” And according to a statement from 21st Century Fox: “Roger is at work. The review is ongoing. The only agreement that is in place is his existing employment agreement.”

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

It's not too exclusive being that I've been reading about this for at least a day or two already. Although this might be making it official now.

Apparently from what I read Murdock and Co. had their own private investigation going on into the claims being made against him and they must have found something, even though nobody knows what exactly. But the rumor was that they decided to either let him quit on his own or they'd let him go, it was his choice.

So whatever it was they found out must have been enough for them to not want any part of it.

There hasn't been anything mentioned about Megan Kelly though.
edit on 19-7-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   

I dunno, I saw on CNN a lil while ago Ailes was given a deadline to resign by tonight and that Megan Kelly has also come out and said Ailes sexually harassed her too.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Nothing being announced on FOX, itself.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Of course not...they have gone into self preservation mode to keep the advertisers from bailing. If their ratings go down they will lose money....can't have that.

What do you think will happen when they realize that the GOP has self destructed?
edit on 19-7-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Curious to see if Drudge was right about the $40M buyout.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

They won't comment, deny or confirm anything about an ongoing investigation.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   
FOX denies the earlier Drudge Report statement.
MODS...please delete if this is no longer considered relevant.

Late on Tuesday, the Drudge Report said that Mr Ailes had left Fox News with a $40m severance package. 21st Century Fox denied the report in a tweeted statement, saying: “Roger is at work. The review is ongoing. The only agreement that is in place is his existing employment agreement.”

www.ft.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Damn that Obama, his fault you know lol.... You look at the women on fox news, Im sure they are coached on how to keep their legs crossed so tightly while center stage of the camera or their panties will show.

Apparently they can't broadcast news without their legs and cleavage exposed. They are nothing more than strippers really.

That being said, If what the guy did was illegal can him. But a 40 million payout???> I'm sure they are all rich anyway.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
So, a total Trump victory then.

Same day the GOP convention destructed the never Trump movement, the big cheese that The Donald took on gets canned at Fox.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
DRUDGE claims another 'EXCLUSIVE'...
Kelly's sexual harassment complaint was that she didn't like the way Ailes hugged her.

EXCLUSIVE: HER SEX COMPLAINT? IN 2006, SHE DID NOT LIKE THE WAY HE HUGGED HER, SOURCE CLAIMS...

www.drudgereport.com...

top topics

join