It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the GOP ATS posters!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

After they tried to demonize from both sides what exactly a TEA party was,it's true.
I hope Trump makes the cut.

ok, I'll bite....what policies of trump's are you for?...and please, no sweeping generalizations as in "make America great again", "defend our borders", "bring back jobs"..."make trade deals"......actual policies with details

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Or the white people who didn't vote for him because he is black. It works both ways.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

An interesting counter-point would be the number of White people who voted for the White candidates because they were White.

Funny that never gets mentioned, eh?

Well man that was like OPINION.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Ideology never dies.

I will live on FOREVER.

Because i am Conner MacNeo of the Clan MacNeo born in a thread of the forum of ATS, and I am an immortal.

You shall never take my freedom.

Or remove his posts which shall remain on ATS servers eternally.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

An interesting counter-point would be the number of White people who voted for the White candidates because they were White.

Funny that never gets mentioned, eh?

Well man that was like OPINION.

Fair enough.

We all have opinions; they're very common ...

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: VivreLibre

... and for those of you equating jokes about a spray tan with 300 years of racial discrimination ... keep it up.

... and please, while you're at it, make more sexist jokes about Hillary's age, appearance, and of course, pantsuits.

You're doing the Democrats work for us.

PS: Might want to drop the "victim" crap ... you're not very good at it and it makes you sound more than a little SJW.

Everyone is a victim of the liberal agenda, even the liberals who don't understand the world around them

Right, right ... and the great wonders the Republican Congress was going to accomplish? Utterly non-existent.

PS: See reference above to "empty platitudes."

Takes two to be obstructionist. The president vetoed everything they tried to pass so it is not just their fault.

Also The only ones keeping the black people down now are their own leaders making bank off their own ethnicities suffering. SO its actually more like up til the civil rights act was passed they were oppressed.

What did they send him, again? Get real. Mitch McConnell stated clearly in 2009 that the only important thing to the Republican party was to do everythign they could to make certain that Obama failed. He tried to cooperate with them on the ACA and look what he got for his trouble ... it's the Republican healhcare plan (ala Romneycare and the Heritage Foundation) that they refused to support 100%.

Don't hand me that. If the Republicans are too incompetent to even pass legislation to send up, they don't deserve the trust that so many Americans put in them.

I have no idea why you're going off on garden-variety right-rhetoric about American Blacks. Habit, I supppose.

Ahh the ACA. The republicans didnt even have control over both houses at the time. The Democrats woudnt give Obama everything he wanted either. they had a veto proof majority. Mc connel didnt have any teeth when it was passed anyway SO that was all hot air.

There was a difference in Romneys plan and Obamas. People in Romneys home state WANTED it. A majority of americans DIDNT WANT Obama care. That was passed by a 2/3rds majority of Dems. ROmneys let you keep your doctor. Obamas didnt.

And hand you what? The unvarnished truth of the African American leaderships victim industry? SO i Guess Shabazz, the good reverend AL sharpton and the NAACP and music industry and prison industry arent making money hand over fist? The only thing keeping them down is THEMSELVES.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I am sure there are but in 2008 43% voted for Obama. If it was .005% you might have a point. So, based on that analysis, looks like black people are some prejudice voters huh?

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Thanks 66.

I am sure we will have YYUUUGGGGEEEE amounts for empty platitudes and propoganda in the coming months. I just wish there was a debate that was sooner than later.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I expressed this in another post but yes, 43% of those who voted for Obama were white based on Demographics. White voted the line in 04 and 08 Democratic the same percentages 08. There vote would not have mattered.

95% of Blacks voted for him. 88% in 2004 and 90% in 2000. 5% of a vote is a lot and common sense would say it was based on race. I know a few black friends who were die hard Republicans who voted for him. It is your choice.

I was not trying to generalize anything. I was stating what I saw from turnout and personal experience. If you think different so be it but a high black turnout really won him the election.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

But not all people voted for him because he was black. You said "I'm not acting like an Obama supporter, I'm not voting for Trump because he is white". I never said anything about black or white, you just let a little bit of your bigotry/racism slip through.

I was talking about your apparent blind support of Trump acting as if he can do no wrong. That kind of attitude sounds exactly like the one Obama supporters had in 2008 with his "hope and change" rhetoric.

"Hope and change", "Make America great again", they're the same exact motto. You "hope" that Trump will "change" America to where it is great again.

Your immediate mention of race when race wasn't even part of the discussion is really suspect. You need to evaluate for yourself why you said that.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

I didn't listen.
THE day of paying attention to election promises are OVER for me,they are just trying to get their foot in the door.
He's an outsider and I wanted Carson.
On the other side......NO I'll stick with TRUMP at least HIM I wouldn't want to kill right away.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

I'm not going to argue ACA with you. The salient points of it that are so disliked (individual mandate, exchanges) were part and parcel of every REpublican healthcare plan from 1986 onward. That's just an indisputable fact.

Black leaders stand up for their people and that's a "victim" industry? Well, perhaps, when your people have been made into slaves, and then third-class citizens for 300 years, you start to feel a bit put upon. It's quite simply a lie to deny that systemic racism still exists.

Any further response is off topic.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Thanks 66.

I am sure we will have YYUUUGGGGEEEE amounts for empty platitudes and propoganda in the coming months. I just wish there was a debate that was sooner than later.

We'll see. Enjoy the rush of the next few days.

If I'm right, it won't last, but I've been wrong before.

Either way.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I've got a plan.

1) Everyone accept the bleeding obvious and agree there is a problem of systematic racism in the US.
2) Minority groups stop fighting racism with racism and pretty please stop using terms like 'white privilege'.
3) Convene a cross party and equally representative group of smart people to come up with a plan in specified key areas (note that a set of partisan BLM demands is not a plan, neither is a GOP list of holier than thou mandates from God).
4) Focus on the areas that REALLY matter. Jobs, Education, Family, infrastructure/facilities, Law & order.
5) Have the team report back to the American people every week on findings and solutions plus ongoing progress.
6) Make sure politicians get nowhere near the process - at least not the current ones.

Option B would be to arrest George Soros and go straight to point 3.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Sounds like the most reasonable thing I've heard you say yet, UK.

One quibble though. The term "White privilege" is merely an acknowledgement that there is systemic racism in virtually every system (political, economic, etc.) that favors Whites over the other races and ethnicities.

Aside from that semantical triviality ... as long as we all listen to each other and stop with the "your problems are only in your mind" we'll make progress.

But I applaud 98% of your post! Good job.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

I don't have to evaluate anything. Race is all over the place. I gave you facts. Nothing else. If I said all, sorry, I should have said overwhelming majority. Do changing the words change what already happened? He pulled in 5-8% more than in the last 3 previous elections. White voting for Dems/Rep stayed the same.

Hope and Change was as Slogan. He also said he was going to fundamentally change the country. You do not hear that anymore in the MSM.

Make America Great Again is also a slogan. But it is showing that we as a country can be unified. We can be who we were before the Hope and Change came along.

Make Hope Great Again is maybe what we all need to say.

edit on 07pm31pmf0000002016-07-20T16:05:12-05:000412 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

"Who we were before 'Hope and Change' came along?"

You mean, in the middle of the worst financial crisis since the 30s?

No thanks. I'll stay right here.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Sounds like the most reasonable thing I've heard you say yet, UK.

One quibble though. The term "White privilege" is merely an acknowledgement that there is systemic racism in virtually every system (political, economic, etc.) that favors Whites over the other races and ethnicities.

Aside from that semantical triviality ... as long as we all listen to each other and stop with the "your problems are only in your mind" we'll make progress.

But I applaud 98% of your post! Good job.

The 'white privilege' term is to white people what '#alllivesmatter' is to black people. It surely can't take that much of an effort or concession on both sides to just accept those terms are toxic even if they don't fully understand why.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

... and for those of you equating jokes about a spray tan with 300 years of racial discrimination ... keep it up.

... and please, while you're at it, make more sexist jokes about Hillary's age, appearance, and of course, pantsuits.

You're doing the Democrats work for us.

PS: Might want to drop the "victim" crap ... you're not very good at it and it makes you sound more than a little SJW.

May I propose a solution. Either we can make fun of everyone's skin color, or no ones. The same with clothes, weight, gender, sexuality, etc.

If you are against making fun of the skin color of black people, thats great I applaud you, but why not denounce making fun of anyones skin color? If you are against people making fun of Hillary's clothes, why not denounce attacks on Trumps hair?

You could have said "I condemn making fun of anyones skin color, but lets not pretend making fun of Donald's orange skin is the same as making fun of blacks". But you didn't.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and give you the chance to now clarify that you condemn any comments making fun of anyones skin color or weight or looks, etc.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The issue is "orange" is not Trump's skin color ... and references to it have to do more with the ersatz qualities of Mr. Trump than skin color. I could care less about jokes regarding skin color ... as long as everyone is treated equitably before the laws.

You know as well as I do that the "attacks" against Trump's hair are quite simply NOTHING in regard to the sexist, disgusting, childish remarks about Clinton and her appearance. You will notice, that I've never made any allusions to Mr. Trump's hair or his faux tan ... so actually, you're merely trying to castigate me for what others have done. Sorry, not interested.

Further, I wasn't aware that I had requested editorial advice from you, nor, frankly, do I care about any "chances" you think you're "giving" me (and bluntly, what an arrogant remark that points directly at your core authoritarian values.) My personal views are pretty well documented around here, if you can find me making fun of anyone's skin color or weight or looks, you might have a point. You won't, and so you don't.

You seem to be taking my general remarks personally. I advise against that around here.

edit on 20-7-2016 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join