It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Relation Between Long Hair & Extrasensory Perception

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: awareness10

Its funny how Jewish men are encouraged to grow their hair whilst the women shave it and wear a wig.

www.ultimatetruthofself.com...

According to the yogic tradition, hair is a wonderful gift of the nature, that helps to raise the Kundalini energy, which is the force that increases the energy, tranquility and intuition. Because, when you let your hair grow fully and coil it on the crown of the head, the "Pranic Energy" or "Life Force" flows down from the top of the head (Crown Chakra) to the base of the Spine (Muladhara Chakra). -

this is telling...

In ancient days and even till a few decades back, people from different culture, did not use to cut their hair. But, their hair was cut forcefully, as a symbol of slavery, during the time they were conquered or enslaved - See more at: www.ultimatetruthofself.com...

Yes that is very interesting, I'd forgotten about the cutting off of hair as a sign of slavery as well,
I'll have to read that later, Thankyou.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

No. It was the article's inference by their repeated use of "Native Americans" and "Indians" instead of naming specific people or tribes.

That's likely because the original "material" that this comes from relied on "Indian trackers" during the Vietnam war as "proof" of the assertion. Not that there were any by that time.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I remember being in college one night and just holding handfuls of my hair and being awed at how much of it there was. I swear to gods I thought they were antenna to the Universe. Maybe this type of experience is where these Legends come from. Like, one of those Universal Truths man.

Whoa.
Heavy dude.

No harm done, right?

edit on 7/20/16 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting edit

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I was just thinking about this # today, and then I read this. I used to cut my own hair like every week. The past few years I've been feeling a strong connectedness and have had insane intuition, and my hair is crazy. I sometimes trim the sides and back to a shorter length, I even trimmed the top a little a couple months back but still left it at a length in which people think I'm nuts. For some reason I can never bring myself to do it, and it's not because I'm afraid of how it's going to look, it's always been something else.. Tid bits of intuition that I been gettin-SIEEERRA, LEEEONE

Forreal thank you for posting this, message received

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa
That's partially why I said to look into Maria Orsic. The mythology existed even if she didn't.

The mythology was created at the same time as Maria Orsic was. There is nothing to support that mythology other than similarly created mythologies to support esoteric Hitlerism. All invented post-war. The only evidence that we have of the Vril society, and that is anecdotal, is the word of Willy Ley, and Ley decided to write about this at a time when the US were migrating Nazi scientists under Operation Paperclip. Isn't that the least suspicious? And, the same time that Palmer was rewriting Shaver's rambles to fit a very similar world-view

The Nazis occult interests are nothing new and, as I said, I need to find out more myself.

I strongly suggest that you do, but what you will find is that there were a great deal of occultists in Germany, about the same as you would find anywhere else at that time. Some of those occultists were very close to Hitler, some of them down right adored Hitler because they did indeed believe he was the "saviour" of Germany and they facilitated his rise to power. Very few of those occultists survived the Night of the Long Knives, those that did fled into exile and were subsequently attacked, verbally, by Hitler, like General Ludendorff. Of the original Hitler circle, only Hess and Goering survived, status fully intact. From that point on, the form of Nazi occultism was shaped by Himmler, who along with Heydrich, had manufactured the evidence that led Hitler to order the Night of the Long Knives. The same people who backed Himmler, in Germany and internationally, were some of the same people who benefited from concentration camp slave labour, and who organised Operation Paperclip.

The point I was trying to make was that the Vril Ladies allegedly had very long hair and this was allegedly because they believed it was connected to their alleged psychic powers.

People can believe what they like, and will, if it suits them, believe what they are told. Doesn't make it correct, true or even possible. People like to feel special.

Fact or fiction, the mythology existed connecting with the OP.

If it fits with your worldview and anyone else's that's smashing, but if it is "true", why make up so much # to support it? Don't "facts" stand up on their own, because of the sound foundation upon which they are built? Some people may experience a heightened sense of awareness and connectivity, I have absolutely no issue with that and I am sure it could be demonstrated via MRI, but why make up such obvious lies unless you are appealing to a common denominator that you know wants to be told that they are "special" and to justify their specialness over all others in a racially defined context...as Hitler esotericism does? That's just sad.
edit on 21-7-2016 by Anaana because: a view was missing

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Anaana

You make some good points but they're several miles wide of the mark.

Manufactured belief as a means of persuasion wasn't the point.
The OP was about psychic power and hair.
One could reasonably argue that the whole idea is poppycock
I didn't want to start my post, which was just a pointer in an interesting side alley, to start with an enormous disclaimer and recap of war history, including mass psychology along the way.

The world has endless cultural attachments with regard to their hair.
"Maria Orsic" or whoever invented her didn't invent the idea that her hair was her power.
They were aware of the idea and used it.
So it is a theme that existed before its use in Nazi occultism.
So they heard of it before somewhere.

So it is correct that the OP asks about there being a cultural belief connecting hair with psychic power.

Its far too late to edit my original post now but perhaps this might be better.

"Yes OP, some people do believe that. You should look into it".

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: PaperMetel
It was always told to me they bare long hair because the hair was an outside extension of the nervous system. And should be regarded as just as important part of yourself as nerve clusters on the inside of your body. Also after a study the Department of Defense knows more about hair physiology than they are letting on: it is an extension of the nervous system and soldiers are more obedient if their hair is shaved off!

Not at all. Hair is not a nerve, is not connected to nerves, never was a nerve.

It's keratinized cells. It's totally dead, inert.

There are nerves in the follicle that detect motion of the hair root but they're not 'part of the hair'.

And the reason you cut your hair in the field (if you're spec) is that it's easier to keep clean that way. Less chance of getting lice. And it's harder to grab in close quarter combat, which is also a good reason not to let your beard get too long if you're going non-spec at the time.

But you are generally not permitted to 'shave your hair off' totally, it promotes sunburn.

On the psychological level people who do less care about how the present themselves are normally more questioning to authority than people who cave. I think the whole forcing the soldiers to look a certain way and care about how the look is for obedience training.

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   

So it is correct that the OP asks about there being a cultural belief connecting hair with psychic power.

It is always correct to ask if you are unsure of something and wish for a second opinion but I am unaware of any belief, cultural or otherwise, that hair is believed to be connected to "psychic power" besides the invention of Maria Orsic. The some people who believe that, are groups associated with a particular belief system associated with esoteric Hitlerism. Merely restating and redefining your own ignorance of the matter, and all the surrounding matters, is hardly a sound recommendation for further study to the OP. Or Do as I say, not as I do?

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Other than long hair being a potential hazard if soneone pulls on it and because of lice wouldnt it if styled right help to function like a natural ghillie suit and break up the profile of the head and shoulders. I have long curly hair that i can easily style when down to sweep from crown to outer shoulders. Wouldnt that help break up my profile if i were hiding in the woods and say peeping back at you.

Also i always figured other than to fit in beards and facial hair was not shaved to prevent infection and that it also helps break up your face.
edit on 22-7-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
honestly i dont believe in this because and i think its already been stated think of buddhist monks among many other spiritual types of individuals in history.

i think that its a personal thing i think that for some shaving the hair can be freeing for them as if a burden has been lifted off and they are shedding superficial aspects of themselves.

posted on Jul, 23 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I believe I read a line in a Dali book where he asserted that his moustache was his primary sensory organ.
Something along those lines.
I have long hair and a beard, but I can't stand a long moustache. It tickles my upper lip in the slightest breeze.
edit on 23-7-2016 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join